follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Citified

Drives: BRZ (black)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pre-order in Orlando

I have a WRB Limited MT pre-ordered at Mastro in Sanford. Really wanted to go with them, they seem like great people. ETA was first week of July. Got a call from Sport, they had someone back out of a Black limited. Brought the wife along to perhaps score a test drive and see if she liked the car. Once she sat in it, looked at it, and saw a WRB WRX parked right next door, she said "you gotta get the black". What the boss wants, she gets. It's in the garage!

Long story short, I'm guessing Mastro will now have an open slot. Just have to call them tomorrow and get my deposit back...
Citified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
helloimgil

Drives: 13 Whiteout / 09 R6 [BRZ is gone!]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
What a boss. Congrats!
helloimgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #3
crash

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Grats on your BRZ! Good decision too. I have a pre order from Mastro that was scheduled for end of June and I still don't have a VIN and they don't have a clue when I'll get it so I wouldn't put much faith in that first week of July date. I'm thinking about pulling out but i want my SWP BRZ!
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #4
Mtechnik

Drives: 99' SM, S54 & S52 M Coupes, 13' BRZ
Congrats man! Gotta listen to the boss. The saying holds true... Happy Wife, Happy Life. We have a deposit on a SSM 6MT Limited in NY, plan is to drive back at month end. Although, if one comes up locally we are snatching it up, either SWP or SSM.

Gotta do a first BRZ meet in Orlando when we get back next month!

BTW, just noticed you had a MCS too, nice!
13 BRZ Limited (delivered July 2nd)
Mtechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:54 PM   #5
Citified

Drives: BRZ (black)
Thanks for the support guys!

Just got back from a nice drive through the rolling hills of Lake county, some of my favorite back roads around here (561, 455). First real drive, and I'm quite happy. More traffic than usual, so I didn't really get to wring it out much, but definitely a better drive than the MCS which I had to trade in. Some of the turns that used to upset the Mini and get the stability control all out of whack were much more controlled in the BRZ. My first rear driver and it definitely sets into a groove and makes it happen. Didn't have the sack to really test the power band in the twists too much but I can tell that I'm going to have a whole lot of fun with this car.

I'm surprised at how well the infotainment system integrates with my iPhone, and I can't tell you how much the wife loves the dual zone climate control. I went into this car wanting a great drive, but these features are definitely a huge added bonus! Stock sound isn't the best I've ever heard, but it's a hell of a lot better than the Mini.

Love to join up for a little meet when we get a few more in town, let's make it happen!
Citified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #6
Mtechnik

Drives: 99' SM, S54 & S52 M Coupes, 13' BRZ
Nice! We love taking drives through Clermont & out towards the Lakeridge winery! ONLY place to really DRIVE in flat-as-a-pancake Fl! I try to keep the crazy high speed stuff on the race track, although it's nice to wringe em out now and then on the twisties.

Good to hear about the Mini vs. BRZ. Our Mini is higly modified Dinan Stage 2 with full suspension (set up right for proper handling in a Fwd car) and fantastic street tires, the Conti Extreme DW's. So, it makes a stock Mini feel dull in comparison, although I am really looking forward to see how the BRZ compares in stock form! Interesting to hear about the sound system being better than expected. The Mini's HK system sounds amazing for what it is. Good lows, and decently crisp highs. Did you have the HK sound in your Mini? Also, what year was yours?

I'll set up a ft86 meet next month with another TT FR-S race car that is in the area. (also a local aftermarket supplier for these cars)

Jonathan
13 BRZ Limited (delivered July 2nd)
Mtechnik is offline   Reply With Quote