follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 01-08-2019, 09:14 PM   #1
Sleepyyysam
sleepy

Drives: Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Borrow a ECUTEK Cable and Dongle

Correct me if i'm wrong but from what I read on here I can use someones ECUTEK Cable and Dongle to see if my ECU is locked with ECUTEK. I bought my BRZ from a dealership and bought a OFT but it wont write or read. So, from my understanding my ECU must be locked.... I read somewhere deep in an old 2015 post that you could potentially use someones ECUTEK to check if there is a tune on there from the "PO" but I cant write with their equipment. Is this even true? If so can I maybe borrow someones in the Phoenix area to check it?
Sleepyyysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:12 PM   #2
FunnyGopher

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyyysam View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong but from what I read on here I can use someones ECUTEK Cable and Dongle to see if my ECU is locked with ECUTEK. I bought my BRZ from a dealership and bought a OFT but it wont write or read. So, from my understanding my ECU must be locked.... I read somewhere deep in an old 2015 post that you could potentially use someones ECUTEK to check if there is a tune on there from the "PO" but I cant write with their equipment. Is this even true? If so can I maybe borrow someones in the Phoenix area to check it?
If that's even possible, I'm down to meet up and try it out. I'll DM you.
Harrop Supercharger | Delicious Tuning Flex Fuel Kit | ACE Type-A 350 Header + OP | CSG Touring 86 Catback | RacerX Fabrication Catch Can | Jackson Racing Dual Radiator/Oil Cooler | Tuned by Zach from CSG
FunnyGopher is offline   Reply With Quote