follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 03:27 PM   #169
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
honestly at car meets I have no questions and absolutely no interest, questions or need for dialog in others's builds that are 'just for looks' or 'dont perform for real on actual tracks'
here on the web, its showcased for all to see and react to, whether its "wow thats cool" or "wow thats dumb" we're all entitled to react
its true, you dont have to build it to perform, nor do u need to acknowledge the realities of creating safety concerns

I'm old enough to be some of your dads, so dont listen to me

some guys look at me and my build and figure its too stock looking, not enough power or too high off the ground, so thats fine too, really

If he was at the side of his car, I doubt I'd be lookin, let alone askin anything, or even trying to make contact...doubt I'd notice if it wasnt a 'new thread' I clicked on

I dont get off on making mine look or sound fast, or cool...my build is VERY fast, sounds VERY mean, and very cool, so I'd proabably laugh to myself as I passed on by a low-slow build tho, I'm always amused by this stuff, at the least its entertaining
I share this with the hope of sharing my views, but not with the ultimate intent of offending anyone, posturing is something humans do, and to make your car look that way isnt wrong, its just FUNNY*

there is a saying "ignorance is bliss", that said, enjoy stancing, fitting whatever that all is...just be safe having fun

Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 04-17-2013 at 03:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huehuecoyotl For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (04-22-2013), SLICVIC (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #170
ill roller

Drives: BRZ/E30/IS300/LS400
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I feel like you're only on this forum to inform people of why your build is awesome and anything anyone else does is stupid... You say you don't want to offend anyone, but then blatantly insult people... For someone that's "old enough to be most of our dads", you seem to be one of the most immature here.
Jive Turkey (04-17-2013), kos (04-24-2013), nix (04-17-2013), SkullWorks (04-17-2013), SLICVIC (04-17-2013), xxscaxx (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #171
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ill roller View Post
I feel like you're only on this forum to inform people of why your build is awesome and anything anyone else does is stupid... You say you don't want to offend anyone, but then blatantly insult people... For someone that's "old enough to be most of our dads", you seem to be one of the most immature here.
Dear Ill,

curious do you mind revealing you age? and whom did I target in my insult, and what was my insult? what post # did I use the word 'stupid'? See, I never said that, so if thats the feeling your getting its not from just me. Sorry if that post was immature to you: lets be very simple here, so it doesnt feel like an attack because it really is not, and saddens me you see it this way., really.

1-do you think its smart or less than full utilization(dont wanna call it stupid) to use 1/5 your already shrunken tire patch? no dont answer me, wait...

2-is the bead fully seated on that rim or not? does that seem safe to you? If I was gonna be an asshat, I'd tell you to bring your stanced ride to the track to prove how safe or unsafe that tire is on that rim after you sign your waiver and drive it-interwebs aside, its really not safe, so, no, dont answer me again, wait

3-does that clearance seem like its optimal for the engineered bump stop, dampers, camber curves, caster geometry, rollcenters and slip angles? no dont answer me again

I got that it looks cool to you, really. Clearly.Gotcha.

I'm not calling it stupid, however it may just be that from a safety angle. Thats why the asterisk is there. I enjoy watching these cars roll by and on youtube, and if not for the forum, I would keep my thoughts to myself, but since the OP is askin for it, ask, and ye shall receive, you got some cool video and you got some opinion, and yeah, youre welcome for the free safety advice, hopefully I'm not the 1st or last to point this out. No one says dont do it, it is your car so have at it. Its not wrong from any angle other than safety.

dont get hurt or insulted, thats not what we are here for, nowhere in the thread am I pushing my own build, rather I am not alone:
Quote:
Originally Posted by engee View Post
I didn't bother to read much of this thread. I only have one thing to say though.

I do not understand why people think this is cool?

You think drifting is cool? I can understand that. You drive around like a hoon sliding all over the place.

You think drag cars are cool? Once again, understandable. You go crazy fast.

You think racecars are cool? Get that too. You go crazy fast but with TURNS.

You think huge speakers and sound systems are cool? Once again, kinda understandable to me. You enjoy music and made an awesome sound system.

I do not understand this fad though. What is the appeal to being crazy stupid low with lots of negative camber, stretched tires, and no wheel gap? I don't get it. All I see is that you spent tons of money into really expensive wheels and suspension to put horrible tiny tires (quoting the one video where the guy is putting 155 smart tires on 15x9) on them. Then you slam the car so unless you are driving on perfect roads all the time, your wheels will start kicking up debris that hurts your paint with your fenders are digging into your tires along with your front bumper scraping all the time. Even done right, I don't get it. If someone would care to explain why this is appealing to me, I would love to be enlightened.
I couldnt agree more or say it as well, it seems.
-unsubscribing, this ones done...-

Last edited by Huehuecoyotl; 04-17-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #172
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
SLICVIC (04-17-2013), VesperLynn (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #173
SLICVIC

Drives: 2006 STi
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
LOL
Old 04-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #174
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
For those of you who think at this point, "tl:dr"--

Its art, to oversimplify. Artists are just as bad when it comes to critiquing other's work. What one person thinks is art, another thinks is garbage. Same comes to car modification. "Hellaflush" is pretty much the abstract art of the car modification world, not everyone gets it, and some think its damn ugly. While I don't like it personally, I can appreciate the time and effort that it takes for someone to get their car to look just right.

Personally, I am glad this scene is limited by the winters we have up here, mostly because I would be afraid of something breaking or falling off, which could lead to more accidents, etc. When I am at a meet, do I shake my head at stuff like Stance and Tucking? You're damn right I do. But will I go up to someone and harass them for it? Nope. Not because I lack the balls, but because I respect their right to do with their property what they wish.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
Huehuecoyotl (04-17-2013), SLICVIC (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #175
SLICVIC

@HunterGreene haha not everyone gets it. everyone has their own opinion on whats "cool" and what isnt, at the end of the day , its just an opinion.

Wanna thank all the guys for keeping my car relevant tho, 9 pages so far!
@Huehuecoyotl ur fast car is so cool, congrats
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #176
HunterGreene
Hail Magnet

Drives: Firestorm FR-S: "Artemis"
Thanked 3,195 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLICVIC View Post
@HunterGreene haha not everyone gets it. everyone has their own opinion on whats "cool" and what isnt, at the end of the day , its just an opinion.

Wanna thank all the guys for keeping my car relevant tho, 9 pages so far!
@Huehuecoyotl ur fast car is so cool, congrats
Frankly, I don't "get it," because I don't see the value in it. But I'm not going to tell you that you are wrong to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to HunterGreene For This Useful Post:
SLICVIC (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #177
leon78

Drives: 13 Whiteout
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Sum of almost 10 pages.....

ALL OF OUR CARS ARE SLOW....SOME JUST LOOK BETTER OR HANDLE BETTER.
GunMetal 16x8+25 Enkei CompE_Cusco OCC_ Kartboy Crank Pulley_Kartboy TMM insert_Koni Yellows_RCE Springs_K&N Drop-In_Eibach FSB_J2 Catless FP_WhiteLine Camber Bolts_NameLess Track Pipe_RBF600_Ferodo DS2500_PTUNING Tuned.
Less parking more racing
The Following User Says Thank You to leon78 For This Useful Post:
SLICVIC (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 PM   #178
ill roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
Dear Ill,

curious do you mind revealing you age? and whom did I target in my insult, and what was my insult? what post # did I use the word 'stupid'? See, I never said that, so if thats the feeling your getting its not from just me. Sorry if that post was immature to you: lets be very simple here, so it doesnt feel like an attack because it really is not, and saddens me you see it this way., really.

1-do you think its smart or less than full utilization(dont wanna call it stupid) to use 1/5 your already shrunken tire patch? no dont answer me, wait...

2-is the bead fully seated on that rim or not? does that seem safe to you? If I was gonna be an asshat, I'd tell you to bring your stanced ride to the track to prove how safe or unsafe that tire is on that rim after you sign your waiver and drive it-interwebs aside, its really not safe, so, no, dont answer me again, wait

3-does that clearance seem like its optimal for the engineered bump stop, dampers, camber curves, caster geometry, rollcenters and slip angles? no dont answer me again

I got that it looks cool to you, really. Clearly.Gotcha.

I'm not calling it stupid, however it may just be that from a safety angle. Thats why the asterisk is there. I enjoy watching these cars roll by and on youtube, and if not for the forum, I would keep my thoughts to myself, but since the OP is askin for it, ask, and ye shall receive, you got some cool video and you got some opinion, and yeah, youre welcome for the free safety advice, hopefully I'm not the 1st or last to point this out.

dont get hurt or insulted, thats not what we are here for, nowhere in the thread am I pushing my own build, rather I am not alone:
Who did you target in which insult? I can't even keep up with your shit talking and inability to respect others all over this forum.

I'm 27 and I've been driving and tracking these "unsafe" cars for 10 years without issue...

Here is me in 2005 in an unsafe car that I used to do weekly runs up Mt. Lemmon in

Here is me in 2007 at a drift day in an unsafe car

Here's me in the same unsafe car in 2009 at a drift day

Here I am in 2010 in a purpose built unsafe drift car, once again at a drift event

And the same year in my daily driven unsafe car at a drift event

Here I am last year in my new purpose built unsafe drift car, once again driving on the track

Here I am a few months ago drifting my previously daily driven, drifted for 6 years, unsafe IS300 in california after driving it across the country.

And here I am about 2 weeks ago drifting my unsafe BRZ at the track with -5 degrees of camber in back and 215/40/18 tires on 18x9.5's

But you know, now that you, a person with no experience in this style of modifying a car has informed me about how unsafe it is, I'm beginning to have second thoughts... No, don't answer me... Wait.
AE86guy (04-18-2013), CanibeatNoel (04-17-2013), kos (04-24-2013), SkullWorks (04-18-2013), VesperLynn (04-17-2013), zenki_levin (04-19-2013), _hollywood (04-17-2013)
Old 04-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #179
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Here's my last bit I have to say about this before I go into popcorn mode. People need to stop defending themselves on why they do things. I do the things I want to on my car and if someone makes a comment I don't feel the need to defend myself.

I feel like the hellaflush crowd just needs to chill out and stop looking for arguments. If someone doesn't like it who gives a shit.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #180
Outlawstar98
SLOW BRZ

Drives: 2013 328i xDrive; 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Dude watch out! You're crashing around most of the turns! Wtf! That's not safe!!

Old 04-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #181
ill roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
Here's my last bit I have to say about this before I go into popcorn mode. People need to stop defending themselves on why they do things. I do the things I want to on my car and if someone makes a comment I don't feel the need to defend myself.

I feel like the hellaflush crowd just needs to chill out and stop looking for arguments. If someone doesn't like it who gives a shit.
No one has a problem with people not liking it, I personally just don't like people spreading false information and shit talking.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #182
SLICVIC

@ill roller just owned an old man.

Closed Thread