follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 05-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
VADER
Regional Moderator

Drives: VADER 86
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
ETA = This week!

So I should be getting a call tomorrow letting me know the exact day of this week, but I'm so ecstatic! The dealership site says it arrives Wednesday, but the dealer said it might come earlier and to expect a call! It's all I been thinking about since I've ordered back in April.
VADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Smitty_89

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't take it personal but I hate you....enjoy it you filthy bastard lol
Smitty_89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Smitty_89 For This Useful Post:
ngabdala (05-20-2012)
Old 05-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
typezer0

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Just got back from the dealer myself after putting down a deposit. They're receiving their stock on wednesday or thursday.
typezer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I was told the same thing from my dealer. It's expected to arrive here by monday (tomorrow) the latest.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #5
FujiwaraTofuShop
First 86

Drives: 2010 Scion tC, 2013 Scion FR-S
Yeah ours comes in on Wednesday at 10 AM. They're making a big presentation of it delivering it at work (shh...it's a secret) and taking us out to dinner that night.
FujiwaraTofuShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #6
RiskyTrousers

Drives: '87 Corolla GTS, '13 FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_DEUCE View Post
I was told the same thing from my dealer. It's expected to arrive here by monday (tomorrow) the latest.
Are you a first 86er? It seems that even though a few FR-Ss arrived at the port last Monday (including mine), they are being held there and wont be released until we get closer to the 6/1 release date. Apparently the system the dealers use gives an automated ETA once the car hits the port and in this case it might be wrong.

It seems they are doing this so that all the dealers will will have them available at the same time.

This is what I heard from someone at Scion corporate, I hope he's wrong!
RiskyTrousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #7
pyro530

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyTrousers View Post
Are you a first 86er? It seems that even though a few FR-Ss arrived at the port last Monday (including mine), they are being held there and wont be released until we get closer to the 6/1 release date. Apparently the system the dealers use gives an automated ETA once the car hits the port and in this case it might be wrong.

It seems they are doing this so that all the dealers will will have them available at the same time.

Yes, I have heard this from multiple dealers also. Although, as far as my dealer knows, they were supposed to have it in by yesterday but I still haven't received a call about my car.
pyro530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:18 PM   #8
MF_DEUCE
Adventure Enthusiast

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyTrousers View Post

No i am not, but apparenlty my car has been there since the first shipment of frs's was made. They were just waiting for corporate to release them to the dealers. I emailed my dealership again to clarify and im waiting for a reply.