follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-25-2020, 07:41 PM   #85
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Drives: 2016 Halo FR-S M/T
Thanked 3,552 Times in 1,746 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 33 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payload View Post
Well it's more expensive and that's why manufacturers have these websites so you can make a quicker decision which is safe and conservative so a buyer will not have to waste extra time and money trying figure out if they should buy a particular aftermarket part because a lot of testing had to be done to insure the performance of the mod and its already done for you, in this way it's faster to calculate horsepower and torque rating so you can buy their fuel pumps and injectors without feeling as if you bought a product that will ruin your car.. I daily drive my scion frs 2013 and I have over 120k I'm trying to cut cost and enjoy myself.. One day I will dyno test it, when I get another gt86, kinda need two of these cars in my six years of having one.. Just to dedicate one gt86 for track driving purposes..
So you think FT86Speedfactory and OpenFlash Tablet are made by Toyota and Subaru?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyLooie View Post
Nah, homes. It's your dadda's hot goopey goop.
KR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:55 PM   #86
Payload
Banned

Drives: Raven black manual transmission
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I bet.. I'll wait until I change out these port fuel injectors and buy aftermarket fuel injectors before I manipulate the fuel injector latency timing because when you buy aftermarket fuel injectors one of the main prerequisites for proper operating uses is to follow there installing guides, its normally a given that the aftermarket fuel injectors come with latency timing reprogramming details for software tunning , and your darn right I'm using wjstever installations values they give for proper installation purposes.. Lmao
Payload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 07:57 PM   #87
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I bet.. I'll wait until I change out these port fuel injectors and buy aftermarket fuel injectors before I manipulate the fuel injector latency timing because when you but aftermarket fuel injectors one of the main prerequisites for proper operating uses is to follow there installing guides its normally a given that the aftermarket fuel injectors come with latency details for you to program into the tunning software, and your darn right I'm using what ever installations values they give for proper installation purposes.. Lmao
STOP MOCKING ME!!!!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:04 PM   #88
Payload
Banned

It's to my belief that it's possible that Toyota and Subaru share holders may have invested in the hardware.. The hardware was made available to the public to be purchased very close to the release of the 2013 scion frs in the USA; so I think it's safe to say Japan had there hand in this a bit earlier.. If I was big time in cash flow dividens I would have thought of it as an investor in the stock market, after all they are public for share holding.
Old 01-25-2020, 08:10 PM   #89
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
lolololololol. subaru and toyota have never had anything to do with ecutek
KR-S (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:14 PM   #90
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
This just keeps getting better and better..

Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sapphireho For This Useful Post:
KR-S (01-25-2020), soundman98 (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:16 PM   #91
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
This just keeps getting better and better..

this is becoming a dinner for schmucks kinda thing...
KR-S (01-25-2020), NoHaveMSG (01-26-2020), Tcoat (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #92
Payload
Banned

Yea you deffinitely can get it up to +380 hp with a stock FA20 block but if your using stock port injectors your duty cycle will definitely be around or over 85% and according to fuel injector guide installions it's noted that the duty cycle should be at (X<=80)% or (X<= 75)% under safe operating conditions. I was informed in a forum with test studies to back it up with graphs attached that out stock port injectors are operating at approximately 54% .. So it would be wise to shop around and by new port fuel injectors that are rated for 350cc/min or greater.. I'm operating my vechicles fuel injectors at a duty cycle of approximately 71%, with these stock port injectors this may be the highest duty cycle I'm willing to push my stock port injectors under my ecu tune..
The Following User Says Thank You to Payload For This Useful Post:
SuperTom (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #93
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
It's to my belief that it's possible that Toyota and Subaru share holders may have invested in the hardware.. The hardware was made available to the public to be purchased very close to the release of the 2013 scion frs in the USA; so I think it's safe to say Japan had there hand in this a bit earlier.. If I was big time in cash flow dividens I would have thought of it as an investor in the stock market, after all they are public for share holding.
Holy crap!
Best ever!!!!!
HachiRokuX (01-25-2020), KR-S (01-25-2020), Sapphireho (01-25-2020)
Old 01-25-2020, 08:26 PM   #94
Payload
Banned

Who knows, keep in mind Toyota and Subaru are open to the public for investors so anyone holding shares could be potentially working with ecu tek.. I didn't say its a definite but it could be a possibility..
Old 01-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #95
KR-S
Sporadic Member

Quote:
Yea you deffinitely can get it up to +380 hp with a stock FA20 block but if your using stock port injectors your duty cycle will definitely be around or over 85% and according to fuel injector guide installions it's noted that the duty cycle should be at (X<=80)% or (X<= 75)% under safe operating conditions. I was informed in a forum with test studies to back it up with graphs attached that out stock port injectors are operating at approximately 54% .. So it would be wise to shop around and by new port fuel injectors that are rated for 350cc/min or greater.. I'm operating my vechicles fuel injectors at a duty cycle of approximately 71%, with these stock port injectors this may be the highest duty cycle I'm willing to push my stock port injectors under my ecu tune..
Yea you deffinitely can get it up to +380 hp with a stock FA20 block but if your using stock port injectors your duty cycle will definitely be around or over 85% and according to fuel injector guide installions it's noted that the duty cycle should be at (X<=80)% or (X<= 75)% under safe operating conditions. I was informed in a forum i read about 1.5 years ago on this ft86club site by a guy, he had test studies and to back it up he posted graphs attached to his comments that our stock port injectors are operating at approximately 54% .. So it would be wise to shop around and by new port fuel injectors that are rated for 350cc/min or greater.. I'm operating my vechicles fuel injectors at a duty cycle of approximately 71%, with these stock port injectors this may be the highest duty cycle I'm willing to push my stock port injectors under my ecu tune..
Quote:
Old 01-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #96
KR-S
Sporadic Member

You know what, anything this guy says is worthwhile copypasta material. He just literally posted the same thing just now.
Quote:
Old 01-25-2020, 08:29 PM   #97
Broseph

Drives: Subaru
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHaveMSG View Post
You do know the FA has oiling issues?

Search "FA20 oiling" and "oil pressure" on this forum. Tons of threads of people who have been trying to fix it. I have a larger pickup going in my spare motor.

Even NA. That is what stopped me from slapping a turbo on mine.

I didn't know that, but that's exactly the type of stuff why I don't really want to get into adding a turbo into an N/A vehicle.

A factory turbo vehicle has all of that stuff already worked out..

Things are just made to stand up better to the demands FI puts on them. Usually.

I think Payload needs to start his own HiJack somewhere else.
Broseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:33 PM   #98
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Who knows, keep in mind Toyota and Subaru are open to the public for investors so anyone holding shares could be potentially working with ecu tek.. I didn't say its a definite but it could be a possibility..
LOL Dude. The money made by ecu tech wouldn't cover Toyota's annual paperclip budget. They have zero interest in such petty enterprises.

You ARE not going to get anything even remotely close to your claimed gains by swapping some injectors and adjusting a tune.There are thousands of threads on increasing power on here and yours is the most ludicrous of them all.
Link some evidence that what you claim is real and become the hero of the internet or shut up and maybe the guys will go easy on you but at this point you are just making a fool of yourself.
KR-S (01-25-2020), soundman98 (01-25-2020)