follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #1
teetsdownlow

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help choosing an oil cooler

Hey everyone. Needing a bit of help on choosing an oil cooler. Some info on my setup and plans.

JRSC C30
E85
Delicious tuned
Dual catch cans
OFH

I believe that's the gist of it. I do plan on tracking the car, but the car will mostly be for mountain driving which I tend to stick to the higher end of the RPM band. Because I live on the California coast and plan on driving this as a partial daily driver I also am going to experience traffic jams. I will end up having a separate full time track car once the build is complete (rx8) so I don't need anything specifically for the track, or for DD, but a good middle of the road. I have narrowed it down to a few choices. I have done some homework but am still wondering what would be better suited for my car.

Jackson racing Dual cooler (radiator/oil)
Jackson racing oil cooler
Full blown oil cooler kit
AVO turbo oil cooler

I'd like something that I don't have to stack in front. With the condenser, radiator, and intercooler, I feel like that's enough stacked in the front. I'm looking to either replace the radiator with the added oil cooling feature or go to a cooler that is focused in one of the fog lamp areas.

Thanks

Last edited by teetsdownlow; 06-13-2018 at 11:53 AM.
teetsdownlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,240 Times in 8,609 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teetsdownlow View Post
Hey everyone. Needing a bit of help on choosing an oil cooler. Some info on my setup and plans.

JRSC C30
E85
Delicious tuned
Dual catch cans
OFH

I believe that's the gist of it. I do plan on tracking the car, but the car will mostly be for mountain driving which I tend to stick to the higher end of the RPM band. Because I live on the California coast and plan on driving this as a partial daily driver I also am going to experience traffic jams. I will end up having a separate full time track car once the build is complete (rx8) so I don't need anything specifically for the track, or for DD, but a good middle of the road. I have narrowed it down to a few choices. I have done some homework but am still wondering what would be better suited for my car.

Jackson racing Dual cooler (radiator/oil)
Full blown oil cooler kit
AVO turbo oil cooler

I'd like something that I don't have to stack in front. With the condenser, radiator, and intercooler, I feel like that's enough stacked in the front. I'm looking to either replace the radiator with the added oil cooling feature or go to a cooler that is focused in one of the fog lamp areas.

Thanks

Get the JRSC oil cooler when you get the C30. It puts the rotrex and oil coolers side by side. Works fantastic.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:52 AM   #3
teetsdownlow

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I already have the C30. But I didn't know they went side by side instead of stacked. Thanks for that bit. Added that as a potential option
teetsdownlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #4
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,176 Times in 6,835 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
You have a JRSC. You should be getting the Jackson Racing oil cooler. It looks like this installed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/wSGOiVm4NO
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #5
Code Monkey

Drives: Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Get a 19-row cooler though instead of that puny 13-row one.
Code Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote