follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
BT, dpfarr

Old 07-27-2018, 04:18 PM   #2857
CSG Mike

Drives: S2000 CR
Thanked 14,175 Times in 6,834 Posts
Mentioned: 966 Post(s)
Tagged: 14 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguex View Post
Is possible to write the tuned SC file as OFT with openflash?
Possible? Yes. Not recommended though.
CSG Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #2858
Wraithrider

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Pearl White
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hi CSG Mike
We've been watching the thread, but enjoying our 2013 on a E Force SC. We recently added a flex-fuel setup from Moto-East including new fuel pump and injectors. Someone asked if anyone asked running a Moto-east tune and we are! Still no dyno runs ( no time ), but driving the car and checking on ECU connect. We can see we made the right upgrade. Big Brakes ( from RR Racing ) next as we learn to drive it harder that seems to be the next step.

Not to get too far off thread . Has anyone made a front strut tower brace which allows for the E Force supercharger? I've been trying to construct something but looking for some input.
Wraithrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #2859
B T

Drives: 15 BRZ, 2003 MR2, '70 Elky, 06 TBSS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Has anyone played with spacing the intercooler farther from the condenser or adding shrouding to the intercooler?

I'm wondering what kind of effect this would have. I'm thinking spacing too far forward would allow air to bypass the intercooler and not create the necessary pressure differential to pull air through. On the other hand, adding shrouding around the aft side could affect radiator/condenser cooling ability.

Maybe a little spacing and front side only ducting could be the answer to a lower coolant temp?
B T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 12:38 AM   #2860
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by B T View Post
Has anyone played with spacing the intercooler farther from the condenser or adding shrouding to the intercooler?

I'm wondering what kind of effect this would have. I'm thinking spacing too far forward would allow air to bypass the intercooler and not create the necessary pressure differential to pull air through. On the other hand, adding shrouding around the aft side could affect radiator/condenser cooling ability.

Maybe a little spacing and front side only ducting could be the answer to a lower coolant temp?
Without a sealed route, spacing it would hurt airflow, as more would go around the LTR instead of through it.
Old 08-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #2861
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
I had something similar happen once but I had a different code, P2135 "throttle position circuit low". Same symptoms, was driving on the freeway then went on limp mode with the CEL all of a sudden. Was able to limp to the side of the freeway to check the code. I disconnected,cleaned and reconnected the throttle connector (the Edelbrock comes with an "extension" for it) and the connector for the throttle pedal. Cleared the code and started it up and was able to drive home like normal. Haven't had the problem since (knock on wood). Mine seemed more like an electrical problem than a mechanical one like your code suggests.

I had this happen just today. Sitting at a traffic light and upon taking off, CEL came on and car went into limp mode. Pulled over, then made it into a parking lot where I pulled out my OBD2 reader to pull the code.

I had noticed maybe 5 times over the past year that sometimes when I started the car, the idle would be a bit lower than normal, and the car stalled a couple of times. When I wiggled the Edelbrock throttle body connector, the idle went back to normal.

So when I pulled the P2135 code this morning, I did a search and came up with the above post. I wiggled the plug and cleared the code, and was able to drive into work. It seemed to act normally.

I'm hoping that it's just that harness plug related. I'm going to clean the connections and see what happens.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 05:41 PM   #2862
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiumai View Post
I had this happen just today. Sitting at a traffic light and upon taking off, CEL came on and car went into limp mode. Pulled over, then made it into a parking lot where I pulled out my OBD2 reader to pull the code.

I had noticed maybe 5 times over the past year that sometimes when I started the car, the idle would be a bit lower than normal, and the car stalled a couple of times. When I wiggled the Edelbrock throttle body connector, the idle went back to normal.

So when I pulled the P2135 code this morning, I did a search and came up with the above post. I wiggled the plug and cleared the code, and was able to drive into work. It seemed to act normally.

I'm hoping that it's just that harness plug related. I'm going to clean the connections and see what happens.

Are you still on the CARB tune when this happened? I've had this code pop-up twice. Once while on a modified CARB tune, where I did as I mentioned: unplugged and cleaned the connectors on the harness connecting to the throttle pedal and the throttle body. The second time I got this code was when I switched to the Delicious D-box, which happened immediately. This turned out to be a defective D-box, which I got replaced. Never had the code after that.
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigFatFlip For This Useful Post:
shiumai (08-24-2018)
Old 08-24-2018, 07:25 PM   #2863
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
Are you still on the CARB tune when this happened? I've had this code pop-up twice. Once while on a modified CARB tune, where I did as I mentioned: unplugged and cleaned the connectors on the harness connecting to the throttle pedal and the throttle body. The second time I got this code was when I switched to the Delicious D-box, which happened immediately. This turned out to be a defective D-box, which I got replaced. Never had the code after that.

Yes, still on CARB tune. Made it home today without incident - car drove normally. Got some electrical connector cleaner and cleaned the same connectors that you did. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Since P2135 is a 'permanent' DTC and I can't clear it with my scan tool, did yours clear up after driving eventually?

Last edited by shiumai; 08-24-2018 at 08:42 PM.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 04:42 AM   #2864
gt86yasss

Drives: White 86
Will the Edelbrock SC kit off a 2015 fit on the 2017? Looks like the product number is the same on their website.
gt86yasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:07 PM   #2865
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt86yasss View Post
Will the Edelbrock SC kit off a 2015 fit on the 2017? Looks like the product number is the same on their website.
It will need some massaging, or updated parts.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:02 AM   #2866
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Where is the MY17 version. On one of the facebook posts back in 2017 they said they were aiming for January. I'm assuming january 2018. It's september and still nothing
Old 08-26-2018, 11:37 AM   #2867
gt86yasss

Drives: White 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
It will need some massaging, or updated parts.
Hi Mike, can you please elaborate on what caused the fitment issue and how you made it fit? Thank you
gt86yasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 03:25 AM   #2868
CSG Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Where is the MY17 version. On one of the facebook posts back in 2017 they said they were aiming for January. I'm assuming january 2018. It's september and still nothing
The update has been available for quite a while now.

-Mike
The Following User Says Thank You to CSG Mike For This Useful Post:
StraightOuttaCanadaEh (08-27-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 12:32 AM   #2869
durtdonthurt

Drives: White series.blue / CWP tS
I'm going to be removing my SC kit off of my 15' soon.

I don't want to have to buy more parts if I don't have to as I have already shelled out quite a bit when I bought it the first time.

Does anyone know how much I would have to machine off to make the snout fit over the alternator to fit on my 18'?

Also, do they have CARB tunes for the 18's that I could flash to get me to my pro tune yet?

Thanks,
Kurt
durtdonthurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:03 PM   #2870
JoeS

Drives: 2016 BRZ Hyper.Blue
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by durtdonthurt View Post
I'm going to be removing my SC kit off of my 15' soon.

I don't want to have to buy more parts if I don't have to as I have already shelled out quite a bit when I bought it the first time.

Does anyone know how much I would have to machine off to make the snout fit over the alternator to fit on my 18'?

Also, do they have CARB tunes for the 18's that I could flash to get me to my pro tune yet?

Thanks,
Kurt
If you dig around in this forum you'll find there are some small mods needed to make it work. Most notably, the plug on top of the alternator.

Call Edelbrock for the CARB tune.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
JoeS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeS For This Useful Post:
durtdonthurt (08-29-2018)