follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 06-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #1
Bu-Tang

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Nissan Pathfinder
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Checking out your own car

Ive been a car lover before i could even drive. Uncle started out in my garage when I was a kid and i always helped him, eventually became a mechanic for 6.5 years till recently. I still drive my first car(3rd Body, kept finding better ones), its a 1990 Prelude with a H22A swap, and everytime after going to the car wash, hand drying the entire car, windows and interior wipe down, rims and tire shine, ill return home, half way to my house i always turn around and just stand there and stare at my car and admire how clean and shiny it looks, get to my steps and again have to turn around and enjoy a quick peek lol. sometimes ill even get in the out and walk to a window and again just stare at my car and be happy. its like a little piece of heaven, and natural high, and yet i could careless that people maybe wondering why im just standing there lol

I was downtown tonight and saw someone's White FRS in a parkade(the exact same car im waiting for fml) and looking like a retard I stood there with a huge smile on my face and zoned out lol, till someone walked by and gave me a WTF? look.

i can only imagine how i will feel having my FRS parked on my garage.
when i got my prelude it was months before i got my licence and i would actually go into the garage, sit in the car and listen to music everyday after work/school to get my daily fix, it was like crack. all this feeling and its without even driving it.

slowly counting down the days till I get the car.

anyone else get lost in there own little world just by staring at the new ride. appreciating there hard earn money and blood sweat and tears that goes into taking car of there car.
Bu-Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bu-Tang For This Useful Post:
Chenslee (06-11-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #2
RZ86

Drives: 2012 Toyota GT 86 Manual
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
All the time, everytime. Especially with my '96 Supra that I just sold... Used to just stare at it after I gave it a wash/wax.
The Following User Says Thank You to RZ86 For This Useful Post:
Guff (06-11-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #3
Double4Free
Ashes to ashes.

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yup, its like an extension in of yourself. Sometimes im just sitting there and I get this urge to just go and drive it around for a while ahha. Ive been like that though since I could remember.
Double4Free is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Double4Free For This Useful Post:
denkigrve (06-11-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #4
encity5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I find myself repeating, dam thats sexy, and dam im so glad i bought that car. I cycle between those thoughts about while looking at the car (as much as i can).
But constantly looking at the car has also made me paranoid, bird shit?! wheres my microfiber?!, is that a swirl???, and omg how can i let my new baby get dirty.
encity5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #5
dietz

Drives: Raven / 6MT FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by encity5 View Post
I find myself repeating, dam thats sexy, and dam im so glad i bought that car. I cycle between those thoughts about while looking at the car (as much as i can).
But constantly looking at the car has also made me paranoid, bird shit?! wheres my microfiber?!, is that a swirl???, and omg how can i let my new baby get dirty.

Lol, same here. I asked the dealer not to prep mine (got it Friday) and spent 8-9 hours detailing it. Then drove it around, and for the first time ever was concerned about driving at night because of the bugs! But she is just too fun, I can't let her sit there.
dietz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #6
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by encity5 View Post
I went in to a rage yesterday morning. I had washed the car on friday and it shined! then saturday morning I parked on the street next to my house, just running in for a few minutes and that %@#$#@ neighbor put the sprinkler on it for about 45 minutes. Instant hard water spots all over the entire car.

I could have murdered him!

Last edited by Hawaiian; 06-11-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
Guff (06-11-2012), Prava (06-11-2012), russv (06-11-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #7
encity5

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
I went in to a rage yesterday morning. I had washed the car on friday and it shined! then saturday morning I parked on the street next to my house, just running in for a few minutes and that %@#$#@ neighbor put the sprinkler on it for about 45 minutes. Instant hard warterspots all over the entire car.

I could have murdered him!
Break that sprinkler.
encity5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #8
ultra
Curious cat.

Drives: 86 GT base M/T - Red
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I do the zoned out thing over my car every single day.

I son't see anything wrong with appreciating what you've got. It's a crazy world, we need more of in this kind of crazy in it IMO.
2007 Mitsubishi Evo 9 RS (sold)
2006 VW Golf R32 (sold)
ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
rikdrt1
Hypnotic FRS Member

Drives: FR-S [Raven]
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
THIS is so funny. I am not alone i guess.
same here. i just open the garage and look at it in the shade, or in the sun, or at the park ,or at the beach.....

ive found myself carrying around my spare dig camera for those real good pic moments...

MotegiRacing - TRD Racing -OemAudio++- Michellin Pilot SuperSports- Greddy -FiveAxis - SparksScion - BlueBat Overlays -Pioneer -SWIFT Engineering Sports- Evasive Motorsports-
SoCAL
rikdrt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:57 AM   #10
oso_25
OH HEY NOW!!!!

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s Asphalt
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Wash my Frs today and when I was done I just look around the car as if I never seen the car before.
oso_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #11
Natheria
Overlord

Drives: SWP 13 BRZ, 94 Miata
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I do this with my Civic all the time. I do it often when i'm going in to work as if i'm saying "be back in a few". I do it at night. Sometimes i pat her tail light for another day well driven. It's not some special car, but it's my car. I know I'm going to be like this for the rest of my life...

A couple weeks ago i had to drive through loose gravel for a minute because they tore up the normal street i drive down to get to town and as i got out to check for any damage somebody asked "you ok man?". I think he thought i was having some sort of engine trouble... or that i had problems, leaning down inspecting my rocker and quarter panels. Needless to say i'm using another road till they finish.
Natheria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Natheria For This Useful Post:
Guff (06-11-2012)
Old 06-11-2012, 06:30 AM   #12
tdoggy57

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I currently own a 2001 EBP Prelude, I admire it all the time. Love the color, I could look at it for an hour when it rains.
tdoggy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 AM   #13
Calidrifter
@Executive_chicken

Drives: Firestorm FR-S, Audi A3 E-tron
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Garage
I find myself doing this all the time. It's something that I have been missing since I sold my 240sx. My girlfriend has caught me on two occasions and thinks its weird. I don't care, because the car makes me feel awesome.
Calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:03 AM   #14
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
I don't really stare at it but I'll do the whole check her out over my shoulder as I remote lock the doors thing, every time. And then walk into something.
nix is offline   Reply With Quote