follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 01-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #2871
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Hi Hawaiian. As you can see in my post that you quote, I quoted a post that said "original prototype." Not "recent prototype" or "4 months ago prototype." Thanks for calling out my completely correct and accurate statement as BS, because you didn't read.
No, that's not quite what you said, here we go..

Initially Stormtrooper said in response to me,

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper View Post
@Hawaiian the only ones I've seen are from the original prototype on the first page.... Something like 188whp/160tq.

I would hope with all the changes and tuning it would be better but who knows.
But you jumped in and replied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Yes, and that was absolutely un-tuned. That car is still not tuned.
Meaning that the dyno on the front page is an untuned car... I hope you're still with me.

In the begining the original dyno posted was of your untuned car however, on Feb Jason made this post showing the Mildly tuned dyno chart with the 3" exhaust. The date was Feb 12th.

If you go back to the dyno chart on the first page, It matches said dyno posted by Jason Perfectly, and the first page was edited with an edit date of 2/13 so NO, the dyno on the first page is not untuned, but I'm glad we had this talk. Hopefully that puts an end to this quibble and we can go back to waiting for nameless to post the dynos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Nameless View Post
+34hp and +46ft lb sound good to y'all? Oh, that's right in the middle of the torque dip, btw...+20ft lb and +15-30hp from 5k to redline. Next step is to test this with smaller exhaust and see if it bumps the midrange and takes a little off the top. So, see...the wait might just be worth it...

There is a pretty staunch dead spot for ~200rpm right about 3200rpm. Guessing that gigantic exhaust is exacerbating this and can't wait to test this setup with a few different existing exhaust configurations...

Kinda cool, eh?

Jason
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #2872
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Why is this thread always a pissing match between fanboys and haters, both of whom are pretty easy to identify?
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-07-2014), civicdrivr (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #2873
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Why is this thread always a pissing match between fanboys and haters, both of whom are pretty easy to identify?
I cant seem to identify any
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #2874
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
car forums are, in general, pissing matches between fanboys and haters. actually, any time you get more than 2 people communicating with one another on the internet that's usually what it devolves into.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #2875
FrsDuke
Fanboy

Drives: 2013 ultramarine frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
<<<fanboy

-Duke
FrsDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 PM   #2876
Hawaiian
That guy

Lol, I like that I get my own epic tag in here, looks like someone is hurt.

If correcting false statements makes me a hater, so be it. As I said, I am looking forward to what 18 months of development brings to our platform.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #2877
Dephective

Drives: '13 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I love how it's always the same few guys that always have to show their E-Peen.

Nobody gives a shit about speculation. Wait for the numbers and hush ffs. A select few have seen what his newly released header is capable of out the box, and I doubt even they know the extent of it. So until we see a couple third party testers, your little quibble doesn't do anything but make you look like an ass. “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” - Good ol' Mark Twain

Thanks Nameless, I will be giving you guys a call in the next few days. Definitely getting my money

'01 Accord-daily
'93 Rx7-fire breathing track monster 545hp 397tq 2300lb.
'06 Mazdaspeed6 one helluva love-hate relationship
Dephective is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dephective For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (01-07-2014)
Old 01-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #2878
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
It's odd to have "haters" on a forum committed to a specific car model. I can see being in a car club with a bunch of different models of cars and hating on someone that's always posting about their car that you hate, but specifically coming into a thread for a specific car part for a specific car just to spread negativity is highly odd. However, messages get twisted when expressed online due to lack of inflection, plus the world's general negativity and impatience adds some weight as well.

Overall Nameless has done a good job of forging ahead to make a reliable product that they're confident people will buy, with or without dyno numbers. Especially since specific dynos numbers mean little to me seeing as how the numbers vary from dyno to dyno, I'd rather wait for the first wave of testers to release their initial reviews before spending my money if I were that uncertain.

Ideally, I'd like to be one of those initial purchasers to help give you guys a better idea of sea level and cold conditions, but oh well.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #2879
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I don't buy the "ecu limits torque" bs....then how does a supercharger work on our cars.

Sounds like either oil temps or tuning issues related to software or tuner knowledge.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:13 PM   #2880
FrsDuke
Fanboy

please please show dyno from 2k up... some interesting bits going on down there dip wise.

-Duke
Old 01-08-2014, 01:25 PM   #2881
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
Lol, I like that I get my own epic tag in here, looks like someone is hurt.

If correcting false statements makes me a hater, so be it. As I said, I am looking forward to what 18 months of development brings to our platform.
Well, when the P&L header development tester comes into the Nameless thread - constantly stirring the pot, regardless of his correctness, it stands to reason that it may be seen in a certain light.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper View Post
I don't buy the "ecu limits torque" bs....then how does a supercharger work on our cars.

Sounds like either oil temps or tuning issues related to software or tuner knowledge.
ECU makes power by requesting a torque value, so I'm not sure you understand how modern ECUs work, at all.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #2882
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
That would explain gains on a stock tune for a given change.... Doesn't explain tuned gains.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #2883
Hawaiian
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Well, when the P&L header development tester comes into the Nameless thread - constantly stirring the pot, regardless of his correctness, it stands to reason that it may be seen in a certain light.
Not once have I ever disparaged Nameless, nor their products. If I hated them I also wouldn't have personally added them to the Facebook group, allowing them to rep their product freely.

P&L doesn't even have an account on the group.

What can I say, unfortunately, this is the Internet and the way I state or point things out sometimes comes off as ****ishness, or hating. as was stated if you post back, a lot of times you lose inflection when you can't hear the tone of voice, or see a person.

The truth is I like information. I want to see what other people have, and what they're doing. That's the benefit of forums, and car culture, different strokes for different folks. I've never criticized anyone's mods, or told them they're doing it wrong. The only time I correct anyone is when misstatements are made. I also like to have a little fun now and then when I get bored such as my comment on whether @Frs300 car or the Nameless header would come out first.

you however, have a little bit of pot meet kettle. I don't know if a single thread that you are in and posting and where you are not stirring things up constantly with someone.

it's also the idle chatter in this thread that keeps it alive and towards the top of the forum keeping interest in the product. I doubt there would be quite as much interest if this thread wasn't over 2,000 posts long most of it about nothing.

Now, back to waiting on dynos.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
FrsDuke (01-08-2014)
Old 01-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #2884
FrsDuke
Fanboy

I'm all for informed discussions and disagreements. That is what fosters development and change.

-Duke
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FrsDuke For This Useful Post:
Hawaiian (01-08-2014), SirBrass (01-08-2014)

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag