follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast AR, AL, GA, FL, KY, LA, MS, NC, SC, TN

User Tag List

Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #57
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetype View Post
As for the kit itself, it's a new kit we just developed.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcelica View Post
Amen. We have a standing policy on our runs.
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archetype View Post
video deleted...apparently Im not cut out for this forum.
But you just got here. Tell us more about your turbo kit?
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #58
Archetype

Drives: 2013 BRZ Turbo, 2013 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I will do a full thread on my build very soon. Just getting the final tune dialed in and changing a few things. My car was used as the R&D car for the kit but by weeks end I will have it. And Im not leaving the forums, just dont want anyone to tell my father for my crazy driving, haha.
Archetype is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Archetype For This Useful Post:
radroach (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 03:09 PM   #59
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3P47 View Post
Post the link. Searched the site and found nothing.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
NASIOC forum 2013 Southeast Subaru 2nd Annual Tail of the Dragon Boxer Takeover
"It's that time again! Official date; Saturday, April.27.2013"

link: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2433844
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #60
L3P47

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I posted on their wall. There's 2 east coast 86 fests now.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #61
radroach

Drives: car
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
It's more of a wrx sti fest I'm guessing
radroach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #62
2pt5RS
Berz

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by radroach View Post
It's more of a wrx sti fest I'm guessing
It's a Subaru thing...and even then it's not limited to JUST Subaru's..
2pt5RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:14 PM   #63
L3P47

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pt5RS View Post
It's a Subaru thing...and even then it's not limited to JUST Subaru's..
Well, we've got the only true twins event then.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #64
FR_Soldier_77

Drives: 2013 SCION FR-S, 2001 S2000
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to FR_Soldier_77
ok, so whats the deal with people crossing over the double lines to corner? I have 18 years of driving under my belt, I am no fool on the road when it comes to being careful. I lead the group of five down the mountain and most of us did crossover to corner. Look, we didnt come to be balls out stupid, but to have fun. I kept the speed at safe minimum especially when wet, there is no way I would let anyone get hurt going up or down the Tail. I would never mislead people either. There are lots of blind corners up there, so I have to think of everyones safety, not just mine. Look, we are all grown ups we know what the double line is for, we dont cross it on the straights, we just did it around certain corners. Its all about feeling how well your car corners. Honestly if you came to just cruise in your car, then thats fine.. but some of us know what we are doing and understand the situation. Dont get all pissy because you see someone cross the double lines when corning. Its just not fun if your not driving the car to its potential, thats all I have to say. I was rather pleased with my weekend on the tail. I felt I truly bonded with my car, and driving the tail felt completely natural to me.
FR_Soldier_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FR_Soldier_77 For This Useful Post:
L3P47 (03-26-2013), radroach (03-26-2013), Splat (03-30-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #65
Ozzman

Drives: old
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pt5RS View Post
to the GTi owner not staying on his side of the double yellow. I don't care if it's on a straight and you can see half a mile ahead of you...STAY ON YOUR SIDE OF THE ROAD.

This times a thousand! Having driven up there and seen the consequences of such actions, it is not something that can be tolerated on a public roadway.

The last weekend I was up there, there were 8 wrecks, and towing back home is not even remotely cheap.

If you are driving at a pace that doesn't allow you to maintain contol of your vehicle within your lane, slow down pull over take a breather and relax.
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:09 PM   #66
FR_Soldier_77

Drives: 2013 SCION FR-S, 2001 S2000
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to FR_Soldier_77
hey, im not here to start an argument, im guessing possibly your younger than me or something, not sure. I understand where your coming from. But honestly if I have to next time, I will do something like a safety brief for all the drivers before we head out. It will lower the risk for us as well. Maybe you need to take the breather on this one, not everyone is on the same level, so there are people like me out there who take some precautions to ensure safety. Actually our group was pretty safe, heck we even cleared road debris for other travelers as we went down.
FR_Soldier_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FR_Soldier_77 For This Useful Post:
jstans84 (03-26-2013), L3P47 (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 PM   #67
jstans84
Banned

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR_Soldier_77 View Post
ok, so whats the deal with people crossing over the double lines to corner? I have 18 years of driving under my belt, I am no fool on the road when it comes to being careful. I lead the group of five down the mountain and most of us did crossover to corner. Look, we didnt come to be balls out stupid, but to have fun. I kept the speed at safe minimum especially when wet, there is no way I would let anyone get hurt going up or down the Tail. I would never mislead people either. There are lots of blind corners up there, so I have to think of everyones safety, not just mine. Look, we are all grown ups we know what the double line is for, we dont cross it on the straights, we just did it around certain corners. Its all about feeling how well your car corners. Honestly if you came to just cruise in your car, then thats fine.. but some of us know what we are doing and understand the situation. Dont get all pissy because you see someone cross the double lines when corning. Its just not fun if your not driving the car to its potential, thats all I have to say. I was rather pleased with my weekend on the tail. I felt I truly bonded with my car, and driving the tail felt completely natural to me.
You forgot to mention the fact that the ONLY corners that were cut by our group were ones where we could clearly see if there was any oncoming traffic.
jstans84 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jstans84 For This Useful Post:
radroach (03-26-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #68
Ozzman

Drives: old
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
What you seem to fail to understand, is that on a weekend with good clear weather. That road is absolutely crawling with people, bikes and cars. Some are out there to test their skill, some are out there to look at the scenery, and some are just there to get from point A to point B.

The problem with applying the theory that it is ok to cut corners where you can see oncoming traffic is that there will be times people are going the opposite direction as fast as they can and at the limit of their grip not expecting someone in their lane. When you are going at roughly the same pace and similar limits of control really bad things can happen.

Many of the sightseers especially on harleys and gullwings may react in a manner similar to a deer in headlights and freeze up, or drive off the side of the road down the mountain, I have witnessed this happen with my own two eyes up there.

On a day without many cars and bikes up there crossing the double yellow seems completely harmless on some of the corners, but driving with that mindset can lead to very bad consequences.

It is also showing a complete and total lack of respect for the safety of other people out on that roadway, and also ingraines bad habits into new automotive enthusiasts who tag along with the group.

There are no acceptable excuses for crossing the double yellow in non emergency circumstances. So don't do it, don't promote it, and don't make excuses for it. Own your actions and understand that you did wrong.

All of us like to enjoy driving twisty roads and pushing a car to it's limits but it must be done with respect to the safety and enjoyment of the roadways by others.
Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ozzman For This Useful Post:
2pt5RS (03-27-2013), seipherzero (03-27-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 11:06 PM   #69
redcelica

Drives: S2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR_Soldier_77 View Post
From one s2k guy to another...don't give us a bad name on that road. We have worked very hard and very cautiously to give the s2000 group a name synonymous with those who uphold the "remaining in your lane" rule. I don't care if you have 60 years of auto-x/hpde experience under your belt, nothing will prepare you for a biker hanging his helmet over the center line, which happens every day on that road between March and November. All it would take is one time of someone's negligence (ie: not staying in your lane in a corner or a straight) to cause a side view mirror to contact the biker's helmet and you've now gone from a fun day to vehicular homicide in a split second. Not to mention the liability hell caused by your action when the dead biker's family hires a good attorney to sues not only you, but your friends and this forum.

Bottomline, if everyone stays in their lane and makes a diligent point not to cross the double yellow then it is impossible for two vehicles in opposing lanes to contact one another. Worse case you run into the back of the guy/gal in front of you.

jm2c...because I don't want to see anyone get hurt, killed, or sued.

Last edited by redcelica; 03-26-2013 at 11:20 PM.
redcelica is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redcelica For This Useful Post:
Nothing (03-30-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #70
killerkid08
Cool Stuff

Drives: Cool Car
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
isn't it bad on both of them ?

biker head over the line ? & the car out of its lane ?

yes if everyone stays in there lane, all is good, also fold in your mirrors. lol
killerkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote