follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #43
jduffy

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Yeah, there are car theft gangs here who specialize in 911s, they drive them over the border to Mexico and then container shipped to South America.
jduffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:27 PM   #44
DYOLF26

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Garage
My brother is a tow truck driver in the Kansas City area and towed an FR-S which was a stolen recovery. It was a red manual I believe and was slightly damaged. This was almost 4 months ago.
DYOLF26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:10 PM   #45
steeloyangster

Drives: 14' FRS 6MT; 16' WRX 6MT
Garage
I was stopped at a stop light in the middle of town once when I had a guy run up to my window with a knife and told me to get out. Since my window was down I just casually said,"Okay okay." and ripped up the e-brake. Once he heard the e-brake go up he immediately just ran to the car behind me and ripped the old guy out of his truck and took off nearly hitting my car. I guess no one told this guy not to car jack asian people inside of hondas because they are most likely manual transmissions.

It was an especially funny incident because I was on my way to meet a girl for our first date and I had to wait for the police to provide a statement. I was so late that the girl got upset. (I didn't have a cell phone at the time.) Once I finally got to her house I explained what happened and we started dating. She was a bi-polar ass freak and I think this incident was trying to get me to turn around. I should have taken it as a sign! LOLZ.
steeloyangster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to steeloyangster For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (03-24-2013), DC2R (03-30-2014), Guff (11-04-2012), mjh712 (03-28-2014), russv (03-24-2013), SirBrass (03-28-2014)
Old 03-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #46
DeepHunta

Drives: '05 Outback Wgn, '05 Lotus Elise
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Sooooooooo, no one has gotten their car stolen right?

Since Spring is here and summer is not far off, it's BRZ driving time. I'm thinking of parking the BRZ outside of the house and garaging my other car.

I guess it depends on the neighborhood.

Thoughts?
Proud ex-owner of GBS 6MT BRZ Limited. Pre-ordered on Feb-29-2012, got VIN on 5/19 with ETA 6/6, arrived early on 6/2, but still didn't pick it up until Jun-6-2012. Recently sold the Buuurz as of 4/21/2014
DeepHunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #47
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Survey:
I can drive a manual. whoops. How does one delete a post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxedoCartman View Post
You know, I was wondering about that the other day. Got any data to back that up, or just something you heard somewhere?

Would be interesting to conduct a survey and see how many car thieves can drive manual. My bet is that it's higher than average, but that's a low bar to clear since last I heard only 15% of Americans can drive manual.
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes B. View Post
Nope...but then again, mine's a manual. Manuals are less likely to get stolen because of how few people actually know how to drive them.
this is true, unbelievable as it is!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:32 PM   #49
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes B. View Post
Nope...but then again, mine's a manual. Manuals are less likely to get stolen because of how few people actually know how to drive them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxersixxerman View Post
Funny... A few days ago I was filling up.. Ran inside to get a soda.. Look over and see some kid/young adult in my car.. As I run out he jumps in a blue Honda accord and take off.. I get to my car and the punk stole my phone and charger.. Call the police but not much they can do because I couldn't get a plate number and the view from the security camera was blocked by the cover to the pumps. Anyways, police tell me they sit out at the end of the lot and wait for customers to walk in and then go check to see if the keys are left inside...

It's a bad habit I just got out of leaving my keys in the car.. I worked at a secured site and always left my keys in the car so my pockets wouldn't be full of work keys and car keys.. So usually getting gas or running into a store for a soda or what ever I never brought my keys with me.. From now on keys with me every where and doors lock if I'm walking away from the car.. My dumb ass didn't have a lock on the cell and seek droid failed to work.. So I spent the 400 to get a new RAZR HD and 4 hours setting it up and changing passwords to every account on that phone
always remember! with "no" CLEAR video,you are F**KED! absence of malice! what can ya prove? burden of proof is with you! the asshole wins! way it is!..just sayin'
the f**kheads are waitin' on this sH*t! ALWAYS take your keys,and lock the (m.f.) up!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #50
jmaryt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke.Cariveau View Post
In my first week on owning it, I was at a friends house (nice housing development)
didn't lock it for the night and had my iPod and north face jacket stolen (-_-)
That was my favorite jacket!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whataboutbob View Post
I believe the poster said this happened in Barstow. If you think that Barstow is where we keep the beautiful people I suspect you've never been there.
yup never been there! no desire to go either especially now!
sounds like lawrence,mass., a wild west show! ..just sayin'
Old 03-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #51
Brzetto

Drives: 4 wheels
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Need I say more?

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/20...ve-stick-shift
Brzetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #52
mush

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series #81 of 2500
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I dont think u guys need to worry about people stealing the twins
mush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #53
sho220

Drives: FR-S MT & FJ Cruiser
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY13FRS View Post
^^ That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

I know for a fact that my car won't get stolen because most Americans are fat arses and won't fit the tight seats.
I've heard news stories about carjacking attempts that were abandoned when the carjacker was unable to drive off...due to the car having a manual transmission...thieves tend to be stupid and lazy...too stupid and lazy to learn how to drive a stick apparently...

sho220 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sho220 For This Useful Post:
415FRS (03-30-2014)
Old 03-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #54
Sony

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ MT Limited
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sho220 View Post
I've heard news stories about carjacking attempts that were abandoned when the carjacker was unable to drive off...due to the car having a manual transmission...thieves tend to be stupid and lazy...too stupid and lazy to learn how to drive a stick apparently...
MOST people with any sort of intelligence don't usually need to resort to stealing to make a living. Therefore the majority thieves tend to be people who are uneducated and want easy money.

There are always of course exceptions to this rule...but it's a rarity.
Sony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #55
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
The twins aren't good candidates for theft because most thieves will spook once they hear the crickets start up....
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #56
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I beg to differ. As SONY may also agree,the miscreants who steal cars are used to crickets, bedbugs, worms and dogshit:

Listen, punk, to me you're nothing but dogshit, do ya understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground, it can dry up and blow away in the wind, or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice- be careful where the dog shits ya! - Inspector Harry Callahan in "Dirty Harry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
The twins aren't good candidates for theft because most thieves will spook once they hear the crickets start up....
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car, stolen