follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #15
Dustin@Dynosty

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
We have seen DynoJet comparisons of our tuned cars ranging from 10-20% over our Dyno numbers, just FYI.
Dustin@Dynosty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dustin@Dynosty For This Useful Post:
sandman126 (01-04-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
SilverSkyline210

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin@Dynosty View Post
The fuel pump is capable of

1000hp to the motor
750whp on our Dyno Dynamics Dyno on Gas
600whp on our Dyno Dynamics Dyno on E85

The rest of the components are designed to be as free flowing as possible. The -6AN feed line could be a restriction for someone shooting for 1000hp but this setup can always be upgraded to -8AN and it would be no question.
i like the sound of that
SilverSkyline210 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SilverSkyline210 For This Useful Post:
Marcoscrdo (03-21-2019)
Old 01-04-2014, 02:24 AM   #17
Evasive Motorsports

Drives: 2012 FR-S and BR-Z
Thanked 1,892 Times in 638 Posts
Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Evasive Motorsports
wow looks awesome!
Evasive Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:33 AM   #18
RRL

Drives: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks promising!! would the factory fuel rails be a limitation too? or is it just the fuel pump and the feed line?
RRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #19
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRL View Post
Looks promising!! would the factory fuel rails be a limitation too? or is it just the fuel pump and the feed line?
Aftermarket fuel rails are needed in order to convert the stock fuel system from returnless to a system with return
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:43 AM   #20
charged86

Drives: whiteout gt86 2015 IS350fsport
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:

Many of you have already reached the limitations of the stock fuel system and have upgraded your fuel pump to a DW or similar fuel pump, but for those that are really wanting to push the envelope, you have probably already been on the look out for your next step up.

Given the tight constraints of the FR-S/BRZ fuel tank and hanger, we looked at all options including surge tanks, new pump hanger, etc. We ruled out surge tank due to lack of space for a proper vertical surge tank and not wanting to put a tank of fuel in the cabin or trunk compartment. A new hanger was drawn up, but ultimately we found a way to get a Walbro 485 in the stock hanger which provides the greatest value to everyone.

The Dynosty 1000 Fuel System is a full feed and return system that retains the OEM venturi system (draws fuel from the other side of the saddle tank), allows for more fuel flow, and keeps everything concealed safely under the factory panels as designed by Toyota/Subaru.

Pictured above are the billet aluminum components included with our system along with -6AN Aeroquip Starlite feed and return hose, your choice of Aeromotive or Fuel Lab regulator and inline filter and appropriate AN fittings.

Pricing, more details and pictures to come here very soon!!!!

Included will also be our billet fuel rails that retain factory dampers which are currently available here,
http://www.frsmod.com/products/dampe...rz-from-frsmod

Three things.

1) finally someone made this

2) Im very excited

3) why in the eff didnt you call a brotha~!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:43 AM   #21
JerryMichaels7

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not to sound like an ass.. but are you really fuel limited with the vortech?? or do you have an upgraded blower no one knows about?
Old 01-04-2014, 11:40 AM   #22
Dustin@Dynosty

Thanks for all the kind words.

As soon as we have confirmed pricing (should be with in the next 2-3 weeks) I will post those details up. We have 20+ machined kits in stock, so just down to some final testing. We would like some more real world testing on the venturi side just to make sure what we are simulating in the shop is going to happen on the car through multiple cycles of gas.

With that said, if anyone puts a considerable amount of miles on their car per week and is interested in this kit and willing to do some testing for us, shoot me a pm. You would need to be able to do the installation yourself, need to be able to burn through a tank of gas per week, and we will work out the compensation side. Doesn't matter if you are making 150 or 550hp for this testing (obviously unless your FI you probably do not need to upgrade) but the only testing we will be looking for is someone to monitor the fuel level in each side of the tank when the refuel light pops on to make sure the venturi is working.

Last edited by Dustin@Dynosty; 01-04-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: --- little more explanation of the testing we are looking for
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dustin@Dynosty For This Useful Post:
charged86 (01-05-2014), jonbonazza (01-05-2014)
Old 01-04-2014, 12:03 PM   #23
WHITE
Thats pretty neat

Drives: LOADING......
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
And more things for me to buy.....ughhhh time to work more i guess.
WHITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:23 PM   #24
Dipstik-sportech

Drives: 2013 BRZ satin white pearl sportech
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
I could do that in the spring but the damn snow and cold means my car is hibernating

Sent from, The Frozen North
2013 SWP BRZ sportech. 11.11sec@129.01mph, 511whp on e70. FullBlown base kit, FullBlown built 9.5:1 engine, GTX3076R GEN2 turbo, 1700cc Bosch injectors, FullBlown flex fuel kit, FullBlown radiator and oil cooler, FullBlown custom 3" dual exit exhaust, act xtreme clutch, whiteline diff and subframe inserts, BC Racing coilovers, hotchkiss 18mm rear sway, is300 3.73 differential ... Never finished
Dipstik-sportech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 PM   #25
Dustin@Dynosty

I edited my last post as well but just a little additional on the testing:

Doesn't matter if you are making 150 or 550hp for this testing (obviously unless your FI you probably do not need to upgrade) but the only testing we will be looking for is someone to monitor the fuel level in each side of the tank when the refuel light pops on to make sure the venturi is working. Doesn't matter if your on E85 or gasoline as long as you are using at least a tank per week.
Old 01-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #26
JackSmiley

Drives: A Potential Traffic Ticket
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Would FI guys benefit from this? Im still NA, but would like to know if this mod would be something to consider when i go FI. And about the testing, how would one monitor fuel levels on both sides? i burn about 2 tanks a week.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #27
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I edited my last post as well but just a little additional on the testing:

Doesn't matter if you are making 150 or 550hp for this testing (obviously unless your FI you probably do not need to upgrade) but the only testing we will be looking for is someone to monitor the fuel level in each side of the tank when the refuel light pops on to make sure the venturi is working. Doesn't matter if your on E85 or gasoline as long as you are using at least a tank per week.
Is the venturi the only thing that moves fuel from the far side of the tank to the fuel pump? If the venturi wasn't working right, say it was moving too much fuel, that would drain one side faster then the other, would it not? And after one side was drained, could the venturi cause the fuel to become aerated? And...(I know this is probably getting annoying, but there is a point to this) if the fuel were getting aerated could that cause a knock condition? Is there any way for the fuel levels to equalize?

I'm asking because I noticed that as my car goes below half tank the advanced multiplier would start to drop like a rock. I thought it was due to the age of the gas and not the fuel level, but after talking to a friend of mine who's a chemical engineer and used to work for a petroleum company, she told me that was unlikely. She said it wasn't impossible, but it didn't seem to fit.

Thanks and sorry for thread jacking.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #28
cobrabyte

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSmiley View Post
Would FI guys benefit from this? Im still NA, but would like to know if this mod would be something to consider when i go FI. And about the testing, how would one monitor fuel levels on both sides? i burn about 2 tanks a week.
It would probably entail opening the hatch under the rear passenger seat to visually check the fuel level. It's no fun and, if it's like the driver's side, you'll be swapping a gasket every time.

Edit: there's actually a fuel sender gauge on the passenger side, as well. Now, whether ECUtek or similar logging app can pull that sensor's value is another thing all together.

Last edited by cobrabyte; 01-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
cobrabyte is offline   Reply With Quote