follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 02-25-2014, 09:21 PM   #2003
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Drives: '14 BRZ - WRB Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
That should fill up both lifts reserved pretty well then. If @trevorovert gets his headers we can see if they have the third lift available.

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Turkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:34 PM   #2004
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Drives: fr-s, tundra
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
That should fill up both lifts reserved pretty well then. If @trevorovert gets his headers we can see if they have the third lift available.
sweet. I think I've definitely got no chance of getting it thursday. Waiting sucks.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:42 PM   #2005
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorovert View Post
sweet. I think I've definitely got no chance of getting it thursday. Waiting sucks.
Let me know when you get them and plan to install them, I'm down to lend some elbow grease!

... his name is...

C'THULHU
The Following User Says Thank You to Turkish For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #2006
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Let me know when you get them and plan to install them, I'm down to lend some elbow grease!

should be next week sometime.. crossing my fingers.

then..

openflash sc ..... ?? soon??
Old 02-26-2014, 11:55 AM   #2007
astateoffrs

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S- Raven
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Me and @Turkish were discussing the idea of the next ATX86Club meet being a TexMex86 event. We would like to plan a March date as well as get a good solid head count as we will be communicating with restaurants like Chuys to see the availability to hold such a meet (trying to reserve a table and hopefully parking). Also would like to plan a group photo shoot after the event so if anyone is interested in taking photos or knows anyone that would be interested that information would be greatly appreciated! Also i'd like to get some club stickers made if anyone is interested we could do something similar to the Houston 86 club(small 1.5" decal on side windows) or maybe something similar to the Arizona 86 club ( larger 2-3" decal going down the passenger side front windshield).

Response to all these things would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
astateoffrs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to astateoffrs For This Useful Post:
CoolBReeZe (02-26-2014), Turkish (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:13 PM   #2008
Scottemad123

Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

should be next week sometime.. crossing my fingers.

then..

openflash sc ..... ?? soon??
I'm hoping for some rotrex S/C support too

Last edited by Scottemad123; 02-26-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Scottemad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scottemad123 For This Useful Post:
86-tundra (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 03:38 PM   #2009
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astateoffrs View Post
Me and @Turkish were discussing the idea of the next ATX86Club meet being a TexMex86 event. We would like to plan a March date as well as get a good solid head count as we will be communicating with restaurants like Chuys to see the availability to hold such a meet (trying to reserve a table and hopefully parking). Also would like to plan a group photo shoot after the event so if anyone is interested in taking photos or knows anyone that would be interested that information would be greatly appreciated! Also i'd like to get some club stickers made if anyone is interested we could do something similar to the Houston 86 club(small 1.5" decal on side windows) or maybe something similar to the Arizona 86 club ( larger 2-3" decal going down the passenger side front windshield).

yeh, I would take pictures if interested. Definitely not interested in decals. I'm probably an exception to that though.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:40 PM   #2010
Scottemad123

Quote:
yeh, I would take pictures if interested. Definitely not interested in decals. I'm probably an exception to that though.
You aren't alone about the decals actually. I kinda like being more incognito plus I'm paranoid decals attract attention which = theft / vandalism / cop attention.
86-tundra (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #2011
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Garage
I was thinking plate frames. I'm also not a fan of decals.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

... his name is...

C'THULHU
Old 02-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #2012
Scottemad123

The OFT is looking more and more attractive each day, I just don't want to be forced to buy another tuning solution for the S/C kit I want. Then again it is only 500 bucks...(ninja edit)
Old 02-26-2014, 04:02 PM   #2013
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottemad123 View Post
The OFT is looking more and more attractive each day, I just don't want to be forced to buy another tuning solution for the S/C kit I want. Then again it is only 500 bucks...(ninja edit)
I'd go with Ecutek. OFT is all just off the shelf maps. At that point you need a real tune by a master tuner, hopefully dyno tune. I know the price is attractive of the OFT, but it will never squeeze out the most out of a tune like Ecutek can, unless someone tunes through the OFT which I know most shops that support our car are all Ecutek. Also, Ecutek has a lot of nifty features for FI for safety and efficiency.
FR-S Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #2014
Scottemad123

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
I'd go with Ecutek. OFT is all just off the shelf maps. At that point you need a real tune by a master tuner, hopefully dyno tune. I know the price is attractive of the OFT, but it will never squeeze out the most out of a tune like Ecutek can, unless someone tunes through the OFT which I know most shops that support our car are all Ecutek. Also, Ecutek has a lot of nifty features for FI for safety and efficiency.
While I agree fully, there are no tuners of note even close to local. Yes there is a ECUtek master shop outside of San Antonio, but no mention of tunes from them on this board really, and I don't want to be their guinea pig. Not exactly excited about doing street logs for remote tunes either. Plus a little competition is nice, and I like seeing what the two sides bring to the table, will cause a little more innovation.
Alexm_09 (02-26-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #2015
86-tundra
Troll Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR-S Matt View Post
shiv does offer remote tuning for $200 additional. but I agree dyno would be ideal..
Old 02-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #2016
Turkish
Serial Cone Killer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astateoffrs View Post

Anything in the evening during the week will work best for my work schedule. I am about to come off of having weekends off as a project I was working on is coming to a close. I imagine it would be easier to negotiate some sort of arrangement if we sit down to eat early like about 5-6pm. I believe the big dinner rush is generally between 6-8pm. As far as getting parking arranged, I think that will depend on the location and how much parking they have available.

Quote:
Possibly? It seems that Yellow13 has quite a number of things to install, I do not know how many of them need or benefit from a lift. DTS needs to remove coilovers so I am thinking that would be easier on the two post lift as opposed to the one you drive onto (need the wheels to be unsprung after all). Same deal with Missbrz, she needs her wheels unsprung... anyone changing fluids would want the 4 post lift as it keeps the car level. Why don't we start a list of what kind of facilities we all are going to need for our projects... I can alter the reservation at any point even hours before the reservation starts. Also keep in mind we only have 4 hours as they close at 9.

1) Turkish -- 4 post lift: 15 - 30 minutes estimated -- any lift or flat bay: 15-30 minutes estimated
2) Trevorovert -- any lift: 1.5 hours
3) Missbrz -- any lift 3 - 4 hours
4)
I got my rear diff crush washers from the dealer today. I am a little hesitant to post the part #'s as there seemed to be some confusion from the parts dept on just "which differential" they went to? That said, if they aren't the right thing I can reuse the old ones by flipping them over and I do not want to confuse anyone with wrong part #'s!

... his name is...

C'THULHU