follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Old 02-16-2014, 02:38 AM   #22415
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@IntotheOcean

One last thing tonight before I retire:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=24

This is a simple thing, but failure to understand it can result in lost time, frustration, and maybe being stranded!

Your new car, the Monogram Series, is essentially the same as my BRZ Limited. It is equipped with a pushbutton START. The above link is my explanation to a fellow who was experiencing difficulty. My wife encountered this on one of the first times she drove it after we bought it. She, too, could not figure out why the car would not start. She was stymied, but fortunately I was there with her in my S2000, so was able to rescue her.

Sometimes you'll push the START button ... and nothing will happen. Nothing. No starter noise, nothing. Just silence, like everything has gone dead.

The steering is pressed up against the internal steering wheel lock, and the car will not start at all until you free up the steering. It is not self-evident or obvious.

Wiggle the steering wheel and press the START button and it will work just fine. For everyone's safety the car is programmed not to start if the steering wheel is locked.

You must free the steering lock.

Note, too, that it is not necessary to press and hold the START button when starting the car. Just give it a gentle press and remove your finger right away; the computer will initiate the start procedure without any further interaction.

Oh, and the first thing I do when getting into my BRZ is to press the START button twice to turn the electrics fully ON. This activates the fuel pump and it does it's thing while I adjust my seat, fasten my belts, and adjust my mirrors. By then the fuel system is ready to go. Now, when I press the START button, my BRZ faithfully lights right up.

Drivers who fail to do this often experience prolonged starting times, and it worries them.

Just do it as I described, and your baby will light up pretty much instantly every time.

And finally, your tires are new. Everything's new! Check your tire pressures daily for the first week just in case there's some leak in the new valves, around the tire bead along the rim, etc. If they hold air consistently for a week, they should be fine.

All the same, recalling my tires and St. Peter, EVERY TIME I get into my cars, I give a quick glance around my car at my tires. It won't take you long before your eye will memorize the way your tires look properly inflated. I can generally see if any tire is 5 psi low just eye-balling it. It takes me less than 10 seconds each time I enter my cars. It's a good safety habit and I encourage you to do it as well.

I hope you've found this enjoyable and worth your time this evening and that it proves useful to you and any others who may read it.

You're getting a red one, right?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #22416
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Sometimes I think Oceangirl and the creepy Porsche guy are somebody's weird writing exercises...

Because titanium.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 09:15 AM   #22417
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks @Porsche I'm getting firestorm and I saw your message, sorry I never responded back.

And @Dimman .... What if I told you there was no Porsche
And that it was only me talking to myself, back and forth to make me feel better.. lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IntotheOcean For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (02-16-2014), M-17 (02-17-2014), Ramster (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 09:52 AM   #22418
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
It's rough. I know, Luis, I know. I've followed your story for a while now, and I'm sorry to see that PR seems to reflect the same problems as in the US. I confess I was startled to see that a civil engineer (I think?) would find it difficult to secure good solid employment in your field. That does not bode well for the future in your country, or ours, for that matter.

I told my wife about your difficulties many months ago, and she, too, was surprised. (You're the topic of discussion in our home! Along with Ashley, of course...)

You young people are facing difficult times. I sure hope things improve, but I don't know...

Thanks! I hope it improves as well, things can't keep going down hill forever. If it does though, I guess I'll have to do a second BS on a field that would guarantee me a solid job. I just hope the Masters helps me, and I've also been filling all the necessary paperwork to get my EIT certificate from the state. in the mean time, Resume here, Resume there, and studying.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #22419
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheOcean View Post
Thanks @Porsche I'm getting firestorm and I saw your message, sorry I never responded back.

And @Dimman .... What if I told you there was no Porsche
And that it was only me talking to myself, back and forth to make me feel better.. lol
I'd believe it.

Because titanium.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (02-16-2014), KslayFRZ (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 01:36 PM   #22420
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wish I didn't have to be so picky about cars... But I guess it's a good thing. People try to make me jealous about their ride, put down the frs and talk about power, and I'm like
"but your ride is ugly" lol
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IntotheOcean For This Useful Post:
Luis_GT (02-16-2014), M-17 (02-17-2014), SirBrass (02-17-2014), sklimo (02-16-2014)
Old 02-16-2014, 04:24 PM   #22421
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Step one to second part-time career:

Two-ought saw piercing practice on 16g and 22g copper.

We'll see how well industrial precision experience crosses over with and/or compliments traditional artistic methods...

Because titanium.
Old 02-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #22422
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
I'm two pages into an assignment. I've only finished part one of three of the first question. There's five more question.

What the fuck was I thinking when I decided to make this career change?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #22423
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I'm two pages into an assignment. I've only finished part one of three of the first question. There's five more question.

What the fuck was I thinking when I decided to make this career change?
I seem to remember you wanting to murder-punch most of your superiors?

I'm getting a bit close to that point, myself...

Maybe it's because February?

Because titanium.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #22424
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I seem to remember you wanting to murder-punch most of your superiors?

I'm getting a bit close to that point, myself...

Maybe it's because February?
Third page down.

Yeah there's a very cartoonist imprint of my fist in a locker outside if the classroom. Each of my four knuckles left an individual dent. It was very therapeutic.

What's going with your work? Mine is mainly people who can't teach and thinking that knowing the material is good enough.

Sent from my samstone
Old 02-16-2014, 05:33 PM   #22425
Luis_GT
Banned

Drives: 2002 BMW 530i, 10 Series FR-S
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,754 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche View Post
@IntotheOcean

One last thing tonight before I retire:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=24

This is a simple thing, but failure to understand it can result in lost time, frustration, and maybe being stranded!

Your new car, the Monogram Series, is essentially the same as my BRZ Limited. It is equipped with a pushbutton START. The above link is my explanation to a fellow who was experiencing difficulty. My wife encountered this on one of the first times she drove it after we bought it. She, too, could not figure out why the car would not start. She was stymied, but fortunately I was there with her in my S2000, so was able to rescue her.

Sometimes you'll push the START button ... and nothing will happen. Nothing. No starter noise, nothing. Just silence, like everything has gone dead.

The steering is pressed up against the internal steering wheel lock, and the car will not start at all until you free up the steering. It is not self-evident or obvious.

Wiggle the steering wheel and press the START button and it will work just fine. For everyone's safety the car is programmed not to start if the steering wheel is locked.

You must free the steering lock.

Note, too, that it is not necessary to press and hold the START button when starting the car. Just give it a gentle press and remove your finger right away; the computer will initiate the start procedure without any further interaction.

Oh, and the first thing I do when getting into my BRZ is to press the START button twice to turn the electrics fully ON. This activates the fuel pump and it does it's thing while I adjust my seat, fasten my belts, and adjust my mirrors. By then the fuel system is ready to go. Now, when I press the START button, my BRZ faithfully lights right up.

Drivers who fail to do this often experience prolonged starting times, and it worries them.

Just do it as I described, and your baby will light up pretty much instantly every time.

And finally, your tires are new. Everything's new! Check your tire pressures daily for the first week just in case there's some leak in the new valves, around the tire bead along the rim, etc. If they hold air consistently for a week, they should be fine.

All the same, recalling my tires and St. Peter, EVERY TIME I get into my cars, I give a quick glance around my car at my tires. It won't take you long before your eye will memorize the way your tires look properly inflated. I can generally see if any tire is 5 psi low just eye-balling it. It takes me less than 10 seconds each time I enter my cars. It's a good safety habit and I encourage you to do it as well.

I hope you've found this enjoyable and worth your time this evening and that it proves useful to you and any others who may read it.

You're getting a red one, right?
Weird, I've never had the lock issue... but if it ever happens, now I know...

I've experienced the long start, I'm used to it now... lol
Old 02-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #22426
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Third page down.

Yeah there's a very cartoonist imprint of my fist in a locker outside if the classroom. Each of my four knuckles left an individual dent. It was very therapeutic.

What's going with your work? Mine is mainly people who can't teach and thinking that knowing the material is good enough.

Sent from my samstone
Management incompetence has elevated so much, and coincidentally after a massively pro union vote, that it is beginning to look like deliberate harassment. All of a sudden in the weeks after things unionized they 'forgot' how to deposit our pay on time, 'forgot' how to total OT properly, 'forgot' to order critical parts on time, made engineering changes to functional systems before non-functional ones right before testing deadlines, and I'm getting daily personal inquiries about my machine from the GM who never set foot on the shop floor before December.

Because titanium.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:13 PM   #22427
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Management incompetence has elevated so much, and coincidentally after a massively pro union vote, that it is beginning to look like deliberate harassment. All of a sudden in the weeks after things unionized they 'forgot' how to deposit our pay on time, 'forgot' how to total OT properly, 'forgot' to order critical parts on time, made engineering changes to functional systems before non-functional ones right before testing deadlines, and I'm getting daily personal inquiries about my machine from the GM who never set foot on the shop floor before December.
Jesus. Man I hate shit like that. Like, seeing red, furious, full on hulk kind of hate for stuff like that. My pay is OFF LIMITS.

This reminds me of one of the reasons I'm still in the navy. Stupid assholes are everywhere, at least here I have the piece of mind of knowing I will be paid.

If you look into Canada's labour code it is expressly forbidden to withhold pay, unless some pretty specific circumstances are met. It might be worth looking up.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:23 PM   #22428
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Garage
Quote:
Jesus. Man I hate shit like that. Like, seeing red, furious, full on hulk kind of hate for stuff like that. My pay is OFF LIMITS.

This reminds me of one of the reasons I'm still in the navy. Stupid assholes are everywhere, at least here I have the piece of mind of knowing I will be paid.

If you look into Canada's labour code it is expressly forbidden to withhold pay, unless some pretty specific circumstances are met. It might be worth looking up.
It's all been little, quickly sorted 'We're sooo sorry!' shit when it comes to the pay 'mistakes', but there has been a rapid accumulation continuous little fuck ups that is starting to get people talking that it's no longer a coincidence, it's passive aggressive harassment.

Over here, Worksafe BC has added harassment and bullying into their portfolio, so a company's insurance can go up for more than just accident and injury now.

They will likely need a reminder soon.

Because titanium.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dimman For This Useful Post:
Calum (02-17-2014)
Closed Thread

Tags
221whp, :popcorn:, autobahnned, bringbackthebutts, brucelee, chucknorris, cutiepiepoppoppocorn, docking and snoodling, don'tbesadintotheocean, epic funnies, everyoneignoresmyposts, fuck yeah, funny thread tag, go_a_way1 was here, go_a_waycopiedspecialk, hey youse guys!, hoonigans, i am supreme., i like chocolate milk, i like to poop a lot, i like turtles, ichitaco, insertjokehere, invadethistread39erstyle, kr-s have my babies, kr-s is a faaggot, kr-s is a loser, mythbeliever, myunclesaid..., only the strong survive, postheredontbotherashrink, rules_of_nature, sklimo liked it, skylineislyfe, special_k was here, tagageddon 2016, thetagofreason, titsorgtfo, troz, whathappenedtothetags?