follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 07-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #267
Crazy Asylum

Drives: 2016 FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlaz88 View Post
sorry for bring back this old thread up, is it necessary to put back the boot linkage? I tear my up.
Tore mine as well during install. Have you looked into or had any luck finding a replacement for it? I'm looking for myself as mines almost torn in half..
Crazy Asylum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:42 AM   #268
JDKane527

Drives: Asphalt Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Dust Boot P/N: SU003-00881
Old 07-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #269
Crazy Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDKane527 View Post
Dust Boot P/N: SU003-00881
Appreciate it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Asylum For This Useful Post:
rixter145 (09-27-2016)
Old 07-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #270
benlaz88

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Asylum View Post
Appreciate it.
No, i dont think i will put the dust boot back on.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
benlaz88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #271
XtremeMaC

Drives: Asphalt Grey FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
It's really nice to see so many people with Kartboy. I had used TWM Performance on my Mazda 3 and was extremely happy with it. Thus I went with TWM again on my FRS. Now I cannot exactly say that I'm unhappy with it because my transmission linkage everything sucked from the beginning, but I'm still not too happy about it, especially when they were rather rude on chat yesterday about another topic...

Anyways just wondering how the Kartboy compares to TRD. I might change mine and I don't get how TRD is a short shifter when I compare it with Kartboy/TWM...
Old 07-07-2016, 08:18 AM   #272
Crazy Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeMaC View Post
It's really nice to see so many people with Kartboy. I had used TWM Performance on my Mazda 3 and was extremely happy with it. Thus I went with TWM again on my FRS. Now I cannot exactly say that I'm unhappy with it because my transmission linkage everything sucked from the beginning, but I'm still not too happy about it, especially when they were rather rude on chat yesterday about another topic...

Anyways just wondering how the Kartboy compares to TRD. I might change mine and I don't get how TRD is a short shifter when I compare it with Kartboy/TWM...
The TRD is strictly a "short throw" shifter where the Kartboy is actually shorter in height as well as short throw. I guess it would depend on preference on whether you want to retain the stock shifter height with a short throw (TRD) or if you want a shorter shifter along with a short throw (Kartboy).
Old 07-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #273
xxBrun0xx

Drives: 2014 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Asylum View Post
The TRD is strictly a "short throw" shifter where the Kartboy is actually shorter in height as well as short throw. I guess it would depend on preference on whether you want to retain the stock shifter height with a short throw (TRD) or if you want a shorter shifter along with a short throw (Kartboy).
I sold my TRD Quick shifter to get a Kartboy and have no regrets. The TRD is poorly designed and loosens up over time. Even blue loctite didn't fix the issue. Shifts were also much more notchy than with the kartboy. I was happy with my TRD until a drove a friend's car who had the kartboy. I ordered the kartboy that night. I got stuck getting under my car and retightening the adapter bolt twice thanks to that piece of junk. I adore my kartboy, and the company is a pleasure to work with if you ever need support. Don't try to cheap out like I did, the kartboy is worth every penny.
Old 07-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #274
Crazy Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxBrun0xx View Post
I sold my TRD Quick shifter to get a Kartboy and have no regrets. The TRD is poorly designed and loosens up over time. Even blue loctite didn't fix the issue. Shifts were also much more notchy than with the kartboy. I was happy with my TRD until a drove a friend's car who had the kartboy. I ordered the kartboy that night. I got stuck getting under my car and retightening the adapter bolt twice thanks to that piece of junk. I adore my kartboy, and the company is a pleasure to work with if you ever need support. Don't try to cheap out like I did, the kartboy is worth every penny.
I've never driven with the TRD but I agree that the Kartboy is amazing. I also recommend the Upgraded shift springs from MTEC. Overall I enjoy the more accurate shifts and a very satisfying "clunk" into each gear.
Old 06-02-2017, 05:48 PM   #275
smg1138

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I've been considering the Kartboy short shifter. I seem remember reading about some buzzing and rattling issues in the past though. Has that issue been resolved?
smg1138 is offline   Reply With Quote