follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 02-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #15
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
there is no frame to the window and the way it sits in the weather stripping it needs to roll down a tad. It is for the glass' protection.
Khazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
Porsche (02-23-2013)
Old 02-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #16
abutterman

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited - WRB, MT
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
mine likes to do this too only last time it just wouldnt move at all. just got stuck completely. what was strange though was that it was the passenger side that got stuck and when using the switch on the driver side nothing would happen. i leaned over at a red light and tried the passenger side switch and it went down and back up and the blinking stopped. i just dont understand how they could screw up such a simple thing as a window. This is my 3rd car from toyota/scion and my mother has had 4 suvs from toyota/lexus and this has never happened on any of them. It could be 0 degrees F outside and none of them ever even made so much as a noise when opening. they all just worked. This one though locks up at 40 degrees F on occasion. Ridiculous
abutterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #17
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
there is no frame to the window and the way it sits in the weather stripping it needs to roll down a tad. It is for the glass' protection.
Exactly!

It is a nuisance, though.
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #18
vf1rwolfleader

Drives: '13 BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I wish I had found this page the first time. I accidentally fixed it the first time. It just happened to me again three days ago and after following the manual procedures, it was not fixed. today I tried again, and it worked on the driver side but not the passenger. I had to do the procedures mentioned using the passenger side window controls and not the driver side. It's a little upsetting that every time we have icy/cold weather here in OK I have this problem. Maybe I just had higher expectations. It's nothing I can't live with. Especially with how much I love this car.
vf1rwolfleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #19
NOHOME

Drives: RAVEN
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vf1rwolfleader View Post
I wish I had found this page the first time. I accidentally fixed it the first time. It just happened to me again three days ago and after following the manual procedures, it was not fixed. today I tried again, and it worked on the driver side but not the passenger. I had to do the procedures mentioned using the passenger side window controls and not the driver side. It's a little upsetting that every time we have icy/cold weather here in OK I have this problem. Maybe I just had higher expectations. It's nothing I can't live with. Especially with how much I love this car.

It is a minor nuisance until that one time when you get home after dark and don't notice that it did not roll up on your passenger's side. Then it pours or rains all night. Or snows. Its fun.

And the feature has nothing to do with protecting the window. It is simply a courtesy feature so as to not cause pressure build-up and ear discomfort when closing the doors.
NOHOME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #20
jesperswe

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Happend to me alot during the coldest winter days :
jesperswe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #21
NYCsubaruBRZ
Banned

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ & 99' Ford Explorer
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
this bullshit just happened to me. got a shitload of snow in the car... thanks for the posts on how to fix the problem. it worked! thanks again guys!
NYCsubaruBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:48 PM   #22
Thekaylakrunkk
XE Autosport

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS Whiteout
Garage
yea my windows are screwed too. sometimes the passenger one will roll down, other times it wont. when it does i usually have to lean across the car. Annoying as hell. They can only warranty one issue at a time. my fuel pump is getting fixed today then im handing it right back to them to fix the window. Tried to roll down the passenger window to ask someone a question and had to lean across to open the dang thing... that doesnt make me look ghetto as hell or anything...
Thekaylakrunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thekaylakrunkk For This Useful Post:
unvevo (11-25-2014)
Old 02-04-2014, 03:06 PM   #23
Ranatsu
Cone basher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Series.Yellow
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekaylakrunkk View Post
yea my windows are screwed too. sometimes the passenger one will roll down, other times it wont. when it does i usually have to lean across the car. Annoying as hell. They can only warranty one issue at a time. my fuel pump is getting fixed today then im handing it right back to them to fix the window. Tried to roll down the passenger window to ask someone a question and had to lean across to open the dang thing... that doesnt make me look ghetto as hell or anything...
YOu have a shit dealership if they will only fix one issue at a time. I had my dealership replace both DRL's the drivers side window switch and the drivers side peek window because it had a tear in the seal. All in the same trip. Took 1 day.
Ranatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #24
tinma

Drives: '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
getting my dealership to change the parts for the window TSB to solve this issue on Friday. Hopefully no more freezing up window!
tinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #25
Thekaylakrunkk
XE Autosport

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranatsu View Post
YOu have a shit dealership if they will only fix one issue at a time. I had my dealership replace both DRL's the drivers side window switch and the drivers side peek window because it had a tear in the seal. All in the same trip. Took 1 day.
It's not about how many issues. It's about parts. If they have them in house it's not an issue. Like with your seal they replaced, I'm sure they had all that. But I got the new permanent fix fuel pump which just came to our distribution areas and I the window crap will have to be ordered as well. Window issue was realized after my pump was ordered and I haven't brought it back to them to order my warranty parts by my vin. They do a great job, that's all that matters to me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2014, 07:05 PM   #26
Ranatsu
Cone basher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Series.Yellow
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
So you take it in once, point out all the problems, and have them order parts to address all the issues at once.
Ranatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #27
Thekaylakrunkk
XE Autosport

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranatsu View Post
So you take it in once, point out all the problems, and have them order parts to address all the issues at once.
Thatd been nice had the issue with the window been known to me b4 the fuel pump as stated above

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #28
Drift&Drag
TURBOLICIOUS

Drives: a machine :]
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesperswe View Post
Happens every cold morning here. I'll have to reset them everytime and it works again. I'll roll the windows all the way down, then all the way up and hold the button for 10 seconds and they reset.
Happened to me this morning and this resolved the issue within seconds
Drift&Drag is offline   Reply With Quote