follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #15
mact

Drives: 13 GTI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Failsafe solution:

Have two friends follow you everywhere you go in their vehicles. Have one friend park to the left of you, the other to the right.
mact is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mact For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (09-21-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 11:50 AM   #16
denverizzles

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact View Post
Failsafe solution:

Have two friends follow you everywhere you go in their vehicles. Have one friend park to the left of you, the other to the right.
this means that you actually have to trust your friends, not to door dink you on purpose...lol
denverizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:59 AM   #17
mact

Some tips:

When going to Walmart, use the garden center entrance whenever possible. Less traffic there.

When going to the mall, park at one of the smaller entrances or somewhere in the back. Not at the main entrances.

Parking next to cart corrals, end curbs, and handicap filler spots (spot with diagonal lines to allow more space for the handicap spot) at least protects you from one side. The nice thing about parking next to handicap spots with the filler spot, you can edge up all way to the edge of the filler spot since no one can park there.

When possible, park next to other new cars.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
Two of these and you're golden:

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:15 PM   #19
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Wear a white hazmat suit and put Biohazard warning tape around the car.

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to diirk For This Useful Post:
tric (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #20
BoxRZ_86

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Your car isn't that special, Get over it. I hate seeing someone park their car all by themselves and I have seen a new FR-S parked taking up 4 spaces. Something about that just makes me want to ram the car with a old pickup truck. I understand the car is new and you don't want anything to happen to it, but then why did you buy the car if your going to be like that with it. Both cars that I have purchased new have always been parked like any other vehicle and nothing has happened to them. Usally get a stone chip from the highway before ill ever see a door ding.
BoxRZ_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM   #21
mact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanka86 View Post
Your car isn't that special, Get over it. I hate seeing someone park their car all by themselves and I have seen a new FR-S parked taking up 4 spaces. Something about that just makes me want to ram the car with a old pickup truck. I understand the car is new and you don't want anything to happen to it, but then why did you buy the car if your going to be like that with it. Both cars that I have purchased new have always been parked like any other vehicle and nothing has happened to them. Usally get a stone chip from the highway before ill ever see a door ding.

I can't stand jerks who take up more than one space or park criss cross/sideways either. But you can't blame them for trying to protect their car. Your comment about not wanting anything happen to a new car.. I don't think anyone wants anything to happen to ANY car. So I don't think it's really valid when you say you shouldn't buy a new car if you don't want anything to happen to it. You buy the car because you want to enjoy the things it has to offer.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:39 PM   #22
diirk

Drives: 4Runner
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I rarely park in two spaces, and if I do, it's a long way from where everyone else parks. I see no issue with trying to protect your investment. $30k is a lot of money.

waiting on a Neptune Premium MT
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diirk For This Useful Post:
ftc~brz (09-21-2012), michaelahess (09-14-2012), tric (09-14-2012)
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #23
gily25

Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
I my case it was a red celica, faded to a lovely shade of pink with a passenger sde that clearly met some guardrails (yet it had rims...) I actually said out loud... "really celica?! wtf?!" What ever happened to appreciate from a distance...
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:07 PM   #24
EvoFanatic

Drives: Evo X
Quote:
Some tips:

When going to Walmart, use the garden center entrance whenever possible. Less traffic there.

When going to the mall, park at one of the smaller entrances or somewhere in the back. Not at the main entrances.

Parking next to cart corrals, end curbs, and handicap filler spots (spot with diagonal lines to allow more space for the handicap spot) at least protects you from one side. The nice thing about parking next to handicap spots with the filler spot, you can edge up all way to the edge of the filler spot since no one can park there.

When possible, park next to other new cars.
Better Tip:

Don't go to f*cking Wall mart in the first place. All of the trash of America goes there so you should not expect you car to not be f*cked up when you leave. Also, I know it sounds like I'm raging but I have not been to wall mart since getting my new C63 AMG and its is still perfect with no dings and I drive it everyday. Also, try parking behind stores where no one else parks, you get to walk a little more (good thing), and you won't have a messed up couche.
EvoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
mact

Looks like Target is my new store then.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #26
BoxRZ_86

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited SWP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
I can't stand jerks who take up more than one space or park criss cross/sideways either. But you can't blame them for trying to protect their car. Your comment about not wanting anything happen to a new car.. I don't think anyone wants anything to happen to ANY car. So I don't think it's really valid when you say you shouldn't buy a new car if you don't want anything to happen to it. You buy the car because you want to enjoy the things it has to offer.

Your absolutely right, no one wants anything to happen to your brand new car, no matter how much that car costs its something you work hard for, what I meant is why buy something if your going to go through so much effort to protect rather then just going about regularly and enjoy it. You can't protect your car at the back of a lot anymore then up front, cause your still inside somewhere and not near the car to protect it.
BoxRZ_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #27
Aznek

Drives: 2013 White Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanka86 View Post
I can understand your statement about taking up 4 spaces but what do you have against people that park by themselves?
Aznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #28
davesrave

Drives: 2014 Boxster S; 2015 Macan S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Far corner of the lot, next to an island. Been there, done that. For some reason, it doesn't work. Came out of a Stop and Shop grocery store and two older women were parked dangerously close to my car and looked like they were about to shove their grocery cart into or damn close to my car door. There were no cars within 10 spaces of either of us, which is why I parked there before they were there in the first place. Fortunately, I got to my car at just the right moment for the younger one to see me and not push her empty grocery cart into my car. Having owned other new cars, I know it's just a matter of time. Before this, I owned a 2000 Celica GT-S for 5 years and no one touched it. But, when I bought new...never a good result.
davesrave is offline   Reply With Quote