follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List
Crosscharge, go_a_way1, MisterSheep, poudre

Old 02-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #1009
JustinCorc

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Turned my tail lights red! First sanded, then did 5 light coats of VHT red, the 4 coats of clear. Re-sanded then polished and waxed. Im Extremely happy with how they turned out
JustinCorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #1010
Marcoscrdo

Drives: 13' DGM Built FBM BRZ
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Going to finally get my plates!! And will install the perrin mount along with the grimmspeed hood struts
Marcoscrdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #1011
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)

Took a weekend trip to Monterey and finally broke her in yesterday! Been about 9 days... not too bad. Couldn't wait to hit this milestone, car feels way different now. I almost feel strange going above 4k now.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #1012
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I dunno about feeling way different.

I broke 1k miles too this past week, nothing real different other than getting a little more power from the car due to me taking it past 4k RPM. But I rarely do this anyways haha. I wanted to catch the 1k miles before I went over 1k so I snapped the pic while moving. Yes I was being safe haha.

WeatherTech's came in!

And gave the car a bath. Was up in the mid 40s today!
Khazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #1013
cobrabyte

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
- Installed TurnInConcepts (TiC) Steering Rack Bushings

Headed up to Austin with the Houston86 club this weekend to do some canyon carving. I'll try to remember to update this post with a review of the solid bushings.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #1014
EvoXDD
Trident Motorsports Owner

Drives: DGM. DD for my EvoX
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrabyte View Post
- Installed TurnInConcepts (TiC) Steering Rack Bushings

Headed up to Austin with the Houston86 club this weekend to do some canyon carving. I'll try to remember to update this post with a review of the solid bushings.
I installed perrins psrs offset I believe is the wording they use but it is the one that gives you .5" caster to improve turn in and stability, I was worried that it would give somewhat of a harsh ride since they are solid HEAVY metal but I could not feel any difference as far as a vibration or uncomfortable ride but MY GOD the turn in especially at slow and fast speed was drastically improved felt as though it came from the factory that way (as it should have) if yours does the same thing you will love them!

Question, how did you get that cool mod box you have in your sig cause I would love to have mine the same way if you don't mind. You can pm me if you want.
The Following User Says Thank You to EvoXDD For This Useful Post:
cobrabyte (02-06-2013)
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #1015
EvoXDD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calin View Post
^ Well I guess that settles that. I'm an idiot...
No personal offense meant but it is a very easy straight forward mod. If you came to my shop we would have you in and out in 15 minutes and even though we charge a minimum of 1 hour labor we would have only charged you half cause it really is a simple job, plus we would probably keep you as a customer that way
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #1016
EvoXDD

Garage
Oh I don't think I said it but Saturday I installed all the parts I listed on previous page I believe, quick run down

H&R super sport springs rating 10/10 in every aspect from ease of install to the fact that it rides just like it did before I was lowered as in comfortability, and drastically improved turning, body roll, just overall handling

Perrin front Control arm brace the part that connects from front control arm bushing to the frame, again thought it would cause a more harsh vibrating ride but it didn't, just feels more solid on turnin

And front control arm bushing offset PSRS from perrin (Talked about above)

I didn't get to some of the parts including the perrin cold air intake I'm still using our custom intake I also did not get to the Rear transmission support

I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed by every parent part that I've installed including the crank pulley their full exhaust system and the shift bushing. And I have to say that their customer support is above and beyond what most companies will do for you they are right there with Cobb, vivid, their customer support is just awesome

On my Evo 10 I went with Cobb on everything until they ran out of parts that I wanted, was the same thing on my Evo perrins parts are always perfect you can tell that the research and development went into their parts I strongly recommend that people look into anything that perrin makes for this vehicle and any other vehicle that they support.

But just sums stuff up I really thought that the parts I put in was going to cause The brz to ride ruff which I did not want and I was fearing because I bought the BRZ for the daily driver and I like the comfortable ride yet the superior handling but perrin parts really came through it feels like it did before I put any mods on it until you push it and you can really tell that the parts are there
Old 02-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #1017
cobrabyte

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2002 WRX
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoXDD View Post

I installed perrins psrs offset I believe is the wording they use but it is the one that gives you .5" caster to improve turn in and stability, I was worried that it would give somewhat of a harsh ride since they are solid HEAVY metal but I could not feel any difference as far as a vibration or uncomfortable ride but MY GOD the turn in especially at slow and fast speed was drastically improved felt as though it came from the factory that way (as it should have) if yours does the same thing you will love them!

Question, how did you get that cool mod box you have in your sig cause I would love to have mine the same way if you don't mind. You can pm me if you want.
I got the TiC 'bushings' installed. I say 'bushings' because they're pretty much solid aluminum with o-rings on them. I'm seriously impressed with the difference and it's identical to what you're feeling. Turn-in is drastically improved and I don't really sense any additional NVH. Maybe just a tiny, tiny, tiny amount of vibration coming through the steering wheel but, honestly, I think that was there before. I've upgraded nearly every other bushing/mount in the vehicle and the NVH increase (if any) is imperceptible.

As for my sig box, I used Pixelmator to create it. It's a graphics app for Macs. Of course, you can use any other graphics app to achieve the same! Maybe there's a freemium business idea in 'ModSigs.'
Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #1018
EvoXDD

Garage
i am amazed how this car responds cause i know when i replaced all the bushings and frame/suspension supports on the evo it feels like I'm going up the clicky part of a rollarcoaster lol not literally but you know what i mean.
Old 02-06-2013, 10:48 AM   #1019
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
I dunno about feeling way different.

I broke 1k miles too this past week, nothing real different other than getting a little more power from the car due to me taking it past 4k RPM. But I rarely do this anyways haha. I wanted to catch the 1k miles before I went over 1k so I snapped the pic while moving. Yes I was being safe haha....
When I said it feels way different that's because I was so used to keeping it below 4k and it being a docile DD. Now it's a fun back road warrior as well... I take it above 4k every time I drive now and have been hitting the back roads on my way home from work. The sound has also changed completely, when you go above 4k it gets a lot louder in the cabin. That's why it feels way different.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM   #1020
Doug&Julie
Boxer Fan

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Stopped by the "you-spray-it" car wash place to get some of this off...
Attached Images

Doug&Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM   #1021
BRZfan

Drives: 2013BRZ Premium St Silver Metallic
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Yeah?

So wot happened?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug&Julie View Post
Stopped by the "you-spray-it" car wash place to get some of this off...
BRZfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #1022
FearNothing321

Drives: 08 TRD Sport Tacoma
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZfan View Post
Yeah?

So wot happened?
Salt from de-icing the roads
FearNothing321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
+20 hp, :popcorn:, bragging because we can, brz driving master race, brz whore, damn daniel, dirty frs peasants, fart can, how to waste energy, how to waste money, how to waste time, i like turtles, lazy mods, many tagz, omg pages are fixed…, outlawstar98isanoob, pages are fucked up, pages still fucked, ricers, riflewuzhere