follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 11-17-2016, 09:43 AM   #659
COO86L

Drives: 2015 86 GTS + Mitsi Lancer GSR
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sales@delicioustuning.com View Post
12.5:1 CP pistons and Carillo rods.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
I thought he said it was lower comp in one vlog... I could be wrong. Mad numbers!!
COO86L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 11:55 AM   #660
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Drives: Edelbrock Equipped - Subaru BRZ
Thanked 1,682 Times in 581 Posts
Mentioned: 403 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COO86L View Post
I thought he said it was lower comp in one vlog... I could be wrong. Mad numbers!!
Negative sir. Might have been the original plan but it was steered back the right way :-)

-Zach
DeliciousTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #661
Amputechture

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
If pump gas is the only option I could see why one would opt for lower compression but if I can't for the life of me understand why one would want anything other than the standard comp on ethanol.
Amputechture is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amputechture For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2016, 01:28 AM   #662
Fizz
Senior Addict

Drives: 86 GT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Anyone here running the SBD turbo kit with this tune? Would like to hear your experience with it in terms of how it drives etc.
Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fizz For This Useful Post:
Crazypinoy9 (11-23-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:14 PM   #663
Crazypinoy9

Drives: FR-S TRD RS1#1488
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
Anyone here running the SBD turbo kit with this tune? Would like to hear your experience with it in terms of how it drives etc.
I've been running the Flash&Go with the SBD kit for over 1.5 years now. Been through multiple revisions.

Everything has been rock solid. I have been very surprised at how well it's been running as an e-tune. Was planning to upgrade with their Flex Fuel kit with updated tune months ago but other expenses have been coming up. I would imagine that it would be no less than stellar since the foundation of the tune has been awesome.
Crazypinoy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crazypinoy9 For This Useful Post:
Fizz (11-26-2016)
Old 11-23-2016, 02:34 PM   #664
Reamer

Drives: 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazypinoy9 View Post
I've been running the Flash&Go with the SBD kit for over 1.5 years now. Been through multiple revisions.

Everything has been rock solid. I have been very surprised at how well it's been running as an e-tune. Was planning to upgrade with their Flex Fuel kit with updated tune months ago but other expenses have been coming up. I would imagine that it would be no less than stellar since the foundation of the tune has been awesome.
I'm not on the FNG tune yet, but I did just install their FF kit with their ACE tune and it feels good enough to be OEM.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reamer For This Useful Post:
Old 12-05-2016, 01:54 PM   #665
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputechture View Post
If pump gas is the only option I could see why one would opt for lower compression but if I can't for the life of me understand why one would want anything other than the standard comp on ethanol.
My sentiments exactly. If you will never, ever use better than 91; lower compression to maybe 10.5:1 or 11:1. If you have access to E85, go stock compression or even higher. We have builds pushing 710whp on stock compression right now, as well as Edelbrock cars with stock compression running the 20psi pulley. It can be done!

-Zach
Old 12-05-2016, 06:32 PM   #666
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Zach, What would one expect from FNG Tune, build short block and factory comp with e85 flex fuel and i dont know an gtx3076r?

Well also say this "person" has all the supporting mods to go along. Like fuel pump, injectors, 3" exhaust and what not.

Dyno chart would be great.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:48 PM   #667
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsxrMe View Post
Zach, What would one expect from FNG Tune, build short block and factory comp with e85 flex fuel and i dont know an gtx3076r?

Well also say this "person" has all the supporting mods to go along. Like fuel pump, injectors, 3" exhaust and what not.

Dyno chart would be great.
To really max out that system, you'd need to upgrade the factory feed line for fuel as well. Are we talking about a Gen I or Gen II GTX3076R? Upwards of 600 on a Gen II, right around 600 on a Gen I depending on a few other factors.

-Zach
Old 01-09-2017, 08:27 PM   #668
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Update for Flash & Go owners with automatic transmissions:

We have pinpointed and resolved an issue where vehicles would sometimes experience bogging and lag between shifts. If you have this issue, please contact me directly at sales@delicioustuning.com.com for information on how to update.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
The Racers Line (01-10-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #669
CHMBRZ

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey i'm here in Hawaii although there are some tuners not much, I don't trust them with ecutek or the BRZ/FRS platforms. So I was thinking of this FnG tune since its more convenient, I have the SBD 400x turbo kit not installed yet. So once i install it and load ecutek with this tune, I should be good to go? And is it a base map and how long can I run it and should I also get a fine tune since all cars are different parts set ups ect.?
CHMBRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:58 AM   #670
GsxrMe

Drives: Late 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMBRZ View Post
Hey i'm here in Hawaii although there are some tuners not much, I don't trust them with ecutek or the BRZ/FRS platforms. So I was thinking of this FnG tune since its more convenient, I have the SBD 400x turbo kit not installed yet. So once i install it and load ecutek with this tune, I should be good to go? And is it a base map and how long can I run it and should I also get a fine tune since all cars are different parts set ups ect.?
I ran the base tune for 1 year to make sure the car wasn't going to break and when I knew everything physically was rock solid, I went ahead and got a custom tune for my car. Let me tell you, the base tune was very.... relaxed on timing and the MAF scaling was way off down low but the car was OK to drive. After getting a custom tune I feel I have a completely different car. Base tunes aren't meant to be awesome, so don't except it to be.

What I'm getting to is, Make sure you have everything in place and done correctly. You don't want your tuner (Delicious Tuning) chasing an issue with your install or setup and thinking it's your tune. You can take a lot of corners with a FI setup but in the long run you need to think this out and do it correctly. I'm talking about clutch, oil, bushing or mounts depending on HP goals, exhaust and some other things such as gauges to monitor AF and boost/vacuum for peace of mind. This list kind of goes on but lucky you we have a search option on the forums as well as the sticky threads.

Delicious Tuning has a fantastic reputation in the BRZ, FRS, 86 family and I hear nothing but positive feedback. Although they aren't my tuner, I am running their flex fuel setup and support when I did call them was instant and on key.

Congrats on your SBD kit and I hope I answered your question and some.
FBM Turbokit: GTX3076R - ECUTEK HRI FlexFuel tune - FBM 3" Turboback Exhaust - 550cc Injectors - Walbro 485 Fuel Pump - 4bar Map Sensor - FBM Oil Pan - ACT SB7-XTSS - AMSOIL all fluids - Forester XT Oil Cooler - Cusco engine, trans mounts - Whiteline rear differential bushings - Perrin shifter bushing - Firehawk 235/45/17 - AEM Failsafe
GsxrMe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GsxrMe For This Useful Post:
CHMBRZ (02-01-2017), Kris86 (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #671
paiceyfan

Drives: 2014 Porsche Cayman S
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
So, I have had a stock vehicle for some time (DW Tires, though), really enjoying driving a true sports car for the first time and then two years into ownership I decided it was time to try my first mod.

I got the Edelbrock S/C installed by Neal at The Racers Line...great install, by the way. I am ashamedly non-mechanical, so I wanted a package that I could daily drive, run at the track once in a while and have the very basics of care and maintenance required. This seemed like the right kit. Neal is an authorized dealer, by the way, so peace of mind when it comes to installation issues and I recommend those in the West consider getting the install done professionally rather than doing it yourselves.

About a month ago, I got tired of fluctuating idle issues associated with the Edelbrock CARB Tune. Of course, I wondered if it was vacuum-related, but I suspected it was not. A few weeks ago, Neal arranged for Delicious (Zach ) to tune my vehicle for Oregon's 92 Octane. All done remotely. After a few 3rd gear pulls and idle testing logs, we concluded the tuning this week.

So, what do I think?

Well, the idle issue had completely gone...I cannot believe the difference. I had hoped it would get better, but there is no sign of it at all now. I did have some starting issues initially, but I am convinced that is related to the car standing in very cold conditions for a couple of days and the 30w oil just turning to molasses, since I have not had any issues since.

As for performance, it is $400 well spent and Neal and Zach were very attentive and accommodating (especially, when I stated 93 Octane by mistake )

The car is great and really where I want it right now. Of course, I would like to make other mods, but for a total investment of around $32,000 I am very, very happy with the car and looking forward to my next track day. I just hope cooling isn't my next issue...
CHMBRZ (02-01-2017)
Old 02-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #672
DeliciousTuning
PhoneFlash by EcuTeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMBRZ View Post
While our base tunes start out quite good, we do offer and encourage you to send us data logs. This allows us to refine the tune and make it perform how it should. Our Flash & Go's have come quite a ways over the past couple of years, and I have no doubt you'll love the tune.

Sincerely,

Zach
Delicious Tuning
The Following User Says Thank You to DeliciousTuning For This Useful Post:
CHMBRZ (02-01-2017)