follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 06-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
tha7osavage

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Rocket Bunny for daily driving?

What's up everybody, i was just wondering if any members on here had a rocket bunny that they were daily driving. Just wanted to hear your pros and cons. I just bought my fr-s a few months ago, but this kit has just grown on me. I just love the aggressive look of it, but it's hard to justify cutting into my fenders and possibly dealing with problems since i'll be daily driving it.

All input is appreciated
tha7osavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Shouldn't run into any issues with it. I DD'd my S14 that had widebody for about 2 years. No issues.

So long as you do the installation properly and don't cut corners, you should be just fine. Just make sure you're aware when you're driving though considering how much lower the body of the car will be.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
tha7osavage (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #3
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I dont see why it would be bad for daily driving, just be aware of the new widith and realize with the wider wheels/tires your going to take a hit on MPGs.

Im hoping to do rocket bunny or another widebody kit next year, im going to do a hexis teal wrap though to blind everyone O_O
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dabocx For This Useful Post:
tha7osavage (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #4
tha7osavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Shouldn't run into any issues with it. I DD'd my S14 that had widebody for about 2 years. No issues.

So long as you do the installation properly and don't cut corners, you should be just fine. Just make sure you're aware when you're driving though considering how much lower the body of the car will be.
Yeah that makes sense. If i were to go this route i'd most definitely make sure it's a quality job. How about highway driving and all that? There doesn't seem too much that will stop paint chips from rocks and all that.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #5
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,341 Times in 1,575 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha7osavage View Post
Yeah that makes sense. If i were to go this route i'd most definitely make sure it's a quality job. How about highway driving and all that? There doesn't seem too much that will stop paint chips from rocks and all that.

Nope but that's the way it goes. It's a car so unless it's a garage queen, it will get small rock chips and wear over time.

There are ways to prevent it though, like clear-bra and other things. As stated above, also be aware of the wider width. You'll more than likely run custom wheels to fit the wider fenders, so you want to be especially aware so you don't curb the $$$$hit out of them.

There's no big differences. Just more to take into account and be aware of when driving.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
tha7osavage (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #6
tha7osavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerLieberman View Post
Nope but that's the way it goes. It's a car so unless it's a garage queen, it will get small rock chips and wear over time.

There are ways to prevent it though, like clear-bra and other things. As stated above, also be aware of the wider width. You'll more than likely run custom wheels to fit the wider fenders, so you want to be especially aware so you don't curb the $$$$hit out of them.

There's no big differences. Just more to take into account and be aware of when driving.
Right. I already figured i'd need to have custom wheels and all that. But if all it requires is the use of common sense and awareness of my surroundings, i'm all in! haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabocx View Post
I dont see why it would be bad for daily driving, just be aware of the new widith and realize with the wider wheels/tires your going to take a hit on MPGs.

Im hoping to do rocket bunny or another widebody kit next year, im going to do a hexis teal wrap though to blind everyone O_O
Yeah I plan on waiting a while before I do anything as well. Only 4,000 miles on my car lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
dabocx

Drives: Scion FRS
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Yeah its a bit decieving, the kits 3k but you need install and some beastly tires/wheels

Paint or a wrap as well.

If your worried about chips a clear bra would be a good option, im just doing viynl to make my life easier.
dabocx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
tha7osavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabocx View Post
Yeah its a bit decieving, the kits 3k but you need install and some beastly tires/wheels

Paint or a wrap as well.

If your worried about chips a clear bra would be a good option, im just doing viynl to make my life easier.
Yeah it's definitely not the cheapest lol. I really wanted to look into having the kit molded. I've seen a few around and it looks sexy haha. Something like that would probably cost and arm and leg though.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #9
CodyFRS

Drives: Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
So what could I be expecting cost wise for the labor to have an actual shop put it on? (Cutting fenders, Paint, etc.)
CodyFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #10
tha7osavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyFRS View Post
So what could I be expecting cost wise for the labor to have an actual shop put it on? (Cutting fenders, Paint, etc.)

I'm wondering the same thing.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #11
CodyFRS

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tha7osavage View Post
I'm wondering the same thing.
It'll cost more money to have them installed (labor, tires, rims, materials) than it will cost to buy the kit.
The Following User Says Thank You to CodyFRS For This Useful Post:
dabocx (06-06-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #12
Minovsky

Drives: Fr-s 2013 white out
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
You could always get new fenders just for the kit it's like 190$ for a fender if you are worried about cutting them up..So just keep the old sine you need to put color on the fenders anyways... Don't know just a thought
Minovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:53 PM   #13
tha7osavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeydew View Post
You could always get new fenders just for the kit it's like 190$ for a fender if you are worried about cutting them up..So just keep the old sine you need to put color on the fenders anyways... Don't know just a thought
Where could I find something like this?
Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #14
CodyFRS

Garage
I don't only want the fenders, I like the whole thing, but the fender work is basically what takes the most time. And having a wide body kit on even 8.75" tires would look bad unless you buy spacers. Gotta buy a whole new wheel set at least 9.5"