follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 07-10-2018, 09:33 PM   #2227
Cartman

Drives: 10 Series Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Really? I didn’t like the ending, nothing new nor unique. It’s pretty much copy of Gurren Lagan & few other anime I can think of. After seeing start of end arc, I knew it was gonna end that way... but I was hoping it would end differently.
That's the reason I liked it... lol... It reminded me of old Gainax endings
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #2228
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,051 Times in 8,326 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
That's the reason I liked it... lol... It reminded me of old Gainax endings
IC then this series was a perfect series for you then. Just for me, I thought it was overdone ending... but it was still a good series.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #2229
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Ordered Berserk season 2 on blu ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #2230
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Most of Spring season anime is over and now Summer season anime are coming out. Here are the list of anime I've watched so far for Summer.

Overlord season 3 - Seeing last epi of season 2 plus next day announcement of season 3, I was so stoke! Season 3 epi 1 didn't fail me. They took Book 8 extra arc as epi 1, but it still made it good. I'm expecting war arc gonna be happening, so I can't wait!
Satsuriku no Tenshi - They try to make it scary. They brought famous voice casts... but I think, this series will flop.
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu - This series is mix of Overlord and Madan no Ou to Vanadis, but with more harem/fan service. Fan service is a bit too much, but I'm hoping to see story will be decent.
Hataraku Saibou - Want to know about your body and how it works in comedy form? This is it. I enjoyed the epi 1 and they used white blood cell, red blood cell and other cells as an individual character. Overall it was fun to watch.
Island - This series reminded me of anime series We Without Wings plus small amount of ef: A Tale Memories. Not sure how this series gonna go.
Hanebado! - Japanese anime can make any sports into hardcore anime. This is a good example, this series is about playing badminton. I'll just leave it at that.
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria - This series have same feel as Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. Main hero uses smartphone in the world that shouldn't have one... plus harem.
Shichisei no Subaru - This series is copy of AnoHana. Literally AnoHana that adapted to MMORPG. Almost same kind of charas are seen as AnoHana. So if you liked AnoHana and want a bit different world, this is the series to watch.
Chio-chan no Tsuugakuro - I was really surprised to see this series made it into anime. It's a funny manga without a doubt... funny part is this is first non-hentai manga manga-ka wrote. lol If you like funny slice of life, I highly recommend it.
Harukana Receive - I knew this day would come. The day that they gonna make beach volleyball. Not complaining one single bit here Overall I do enjoy the art, but story... well let's say Haikyuu is better.
Asobi Asobase - Don't let the OP fool you. This is over the top slice of life. I had several WTF moment that made me laugh and some moment turn my head sideway. If you like Cromartie High School kinda joke slice of life anime, worth watching.
Jashin-chan Dropkick - Series just drop you at middle of manga expecting you to follow along without an issue... and it's fine. Cuz it's not very complicated series. IF you ever watched Nyaruko, it's pretty much that.
Gintama.: Shirogane no Tamashii-hen 2 - Damn them for making 2 different season for final arc of Gintama. Love Gintama series and sad that it's ending, but they sure know how to drag it out. Still love it
Angolmois - It's a story about war between Japan and Mongolia which happened sometime in 1200. Studio is NAZ, which is newer studio, but have made pretty action anime series, so I have high hope for this series.

I'm still waiting for AoT and need to watch few other series. Those review will be later on.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:07 PM   #2231
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
I think I might actually end up dropping stuff this season. I did things differently and just added every show I thought looked interesting instead of reading up and picking what I wanted, so I've ended up with more shows than normal. This is one weird season, so far. Asobi Asobase is just weird, didn't care much for it. The one with the cat robots? Just... Wtf?

I like the two sports shows, but the one about volleyball just looks better.

I can't remember the name, but the one about the yakuza middle manager is probably one of my favorites so far, weirdly enough. The ridiculously over the top voice over/announcer guy is amazing.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:22 PM   #2232
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I can't remember the name, but the one about the yakuza middle manager is probably one of my favorites so far, weirdly enough. The ridiculously over the top voice over/announcer guy is amazing.
That series is called "Back Street Girls". I need to watch that series.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:15 PM   #2233
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
That series is called "Back Street Girls". I need to watch that series.
Hahaha I didn't even realize there was another yakuza anime. The one I'm talking about is Mr. Tonegawa Middle Management Blues.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #2234
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Hahaha I didn't even realize there was another yakuza anime. The one I'm talking about is Mr. Tonegawa Middle Management Blues.
Oh that one. The side story of Kaiji. How you described it, it sounded like Back street Girls. Cuz it’s ridiculous & it’s over the top lol
Old 07-13-2018, 05:09 PM   #2235
oso_25
OH HEY NOW!!!!

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s Asphalt
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
I might pass on the summer animes nothing really looked good. I though about watching overloard seasons 1 and 2 since it will be in season 3 this summer
oso_25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #2236
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso_25 View Post
I might pass on the summer animes nothing really looked good. I though about watching overloard seasons 1 and 2 since it will be in season 3 this summer
Overlord is unique series. Yes it's same kind of thing as .Hack, SAO, LH & other MMORPG... but biggest thing that's different is he's bad guy, (well kinda) I would say it's one of my fav recent anime series for sure. If you got time, I highly recommend watching it... especially extra Overlord PurePure Pleiades. 2nd season PurePure Pleiades was hella funny.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:59 AM   #2237
Cartman

I haven't sat down to watch summer season other than hanebado, Planet With and Grand Blue...

But I have to say... the first episode of Grand Blue was amazingly hilarious!

Planet With was intriguing... I'm gonna give it a couple more episodes before I judge it.

Hanebado is just hanebad
Old 07-14-2018, 02:06 AM   #2238
Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by oso_25 View Post
Watch Grand Blue... The first episode is like a crash course at what to expect in college... and what happens when you are coerced into drinking till you pass out... lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartman For This Useful Post:
oso_25 (07-16-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 09:02 PM   #2239
Aluma007

Drives: 2017 Brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
where do you guys watch all these animes? I usually use crunchyroll, netflix, and amazon prime since they don't have any pop ups and virus stuff. I tried animelist for DBZ super but it was ridiculously difficult and hated having to stop popups and the mess that thing has.
Aluma007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #2240
Cartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluma007 View Post
where do you guys watch all these animes? I usually use crunchyroll, netflix, and amazon prime since they don't have any pop ups and virus stuff. I tried animelist for DBZ super but it was ridiculously difficult and hated having to stop popups and the mess that thing has.
Torrents... I use Horriblesubs (fansubber) fur currently airing animes
The Following User Says Thank You to Cartman For This Useful Post:
oso_25 (07-16-2018)

Tags
anime, ecchi