follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 10-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #169
astar23

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nice car!

I drive a whiteout Scion Fr-s that I just bought last week. Looks like you work in offutt, oddly enough I haven't seen your car around.
astar23 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to astar23 For This Useful Post:
Khazzy (10-17-2014)
Old 10-17-2014, 02:21 AM   #170
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by astar23 View Post
I drive a whiteout Scion Fr-s that I just bought last week. Looks like you work in offutt, oddly enough I haven't seen your car around.
Gotta keep an eye out. I only see a few of the FRS' and BRZ's around the base. I only leave work for lunch and to go home usually so it's parked most of the day.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:57 PM   #171
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Madness.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #172
covance

Drives: 2015 BRZ series.blue
Great thread!

I love the leather interior mods you did, the new wheels, and the removal of the pinstripes.

How do you like that STi shift knob? Any heavier than stock?
covance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 03:17 PM   #173
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Nice build! keep it up!
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #174
Khazzy

Garage
Well it is finised now. Thanks for the kind words though. I traded it in the other day.

As for the STi knob, I loved it! About the same weight as the stock knob, maybe a little heavier. It felt great in every throw.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:37 AM   #175
ScottDRFT
Space Cowboy

Drives: '13 BRZ SWP Ltd --> '24 Trueno Ed
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
Well it is finised now. Thanks for the kind words though. I traded it in the other day.

As for the STi knob, I loved it! About the same weight as the stock knob, maybe a little heavier. It felt great in every throw.
No more car?? If not, what did you trade it in for?
ScottDRFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 02:34 PM   #176
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDRFT View Post
No more car?? If not, what did you trade it in for?
I got a 2015 Honda Accord coupe EXL V6
Old 04-08-2015, 06:15 PM   #177
ShadowTS

Drives: Toyota GT86 SWP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Even if the thread is dead and the car was sold... Maybe soeone still have some info about the Sparco wheels. I understood they are Sparco Assetto Gara 17x7.5.. What is the offset? Is the color the standard matte black? They look definitely glossy and not matte.

Here in Italy we have them in 17x7.5 ET35 or 17x7 ET38, while I saw many in the US have the 17x7.5 ET48. I'm not sure which will be the best, I don't want wheels to be too flush.
ShadowTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #178
Khazzy

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTS View Post
Even if the thread is dead and the car was sold... Maybe soeone still have some info about the Sparco wheels. I understood they are Sparco Assetto Gara 17x7.5.. What is the offset? Is the color the standard matte black? They look definitely glossy and not matte.

Here in Italy we have them in 17x7.5 ET35 or 17x7 ET38, while I saw many in the US have the 17x7.5 ET48. I'm not sure which will be the best, I don't want wheels to be too flush.
They are 48 here in the US. That is what was on this car.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #179
fuggin_tyler

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Hey man! This car seems oddly familiar...its like this car looks almost like the BRZ i picked up two months ago!

im 100% sure that i wound up buying your old car and i figure i let you know its in good hands! Changing her oil this week and since i got the car i'm having a new High Pressure Fuel Pump put in to hopefully cure the chirping and put in a Raceseng shift knob replacing the plastic one that was in there before. I've loved every second of driving this thing so far and i love the tasteful mods done like the STI door inserts, Perrin exhaust (HUGE +1), STI sport springs, and trim around the heated seat buttons. Kinda sad that the STI start button and Toms taillights aren't on the car anymore because i've been looking into getting them since i got the car, but hey, rather have fun doing those things myself haha.

Figure i let you know who wound up getting the car since i stumbled upon this thread! thanks for doing what you did to the car, couldnt be happier with my purchase!
fuggin_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:41 PM   #180
Khazzy

Garage
I am surprised to see this is in Ohio! I have been trying to find it around town but I am glad I have found its new owner. As for the chirps, fill up with non ethanol 91/93. They never happened in my car unless it was ran like that. I also sold it with about 12k on if someone else bought it before you did then they may have not known this. Car still looks great! Looks like it got some new tires though. Enjoy her! She was never abused but was definitely enjoyed fully. That car never gave me problems, I just needed more room I found out later on.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:27 PM   #181
fuggin_tyler

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ (Limited)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazzy View Post
I am surprised to see this is in Ohio! I have been trying to find it around town but I am glad I have found its new owner. As for the chirps, fill up with non ethanol 91/93. They never happened in my car unless it was ran like that. I also sold it with about 12k on if someone else bought it before you did then they may have not known this. Car still looks great! Looks like it got some new tires though. Enjoy her! She was never abused but was definitely enjoyed fully. That car never gave me problems, I just needed more room I found out later on.
Yeah i have no idea how it traveled so far haha. From what the dealer told me a 30 year old traded it in for a new STI. I can see you took great care of her and i really appreciate that! The car is still immaculate. I wash it as often as possible and detail the interior when i wash the outside. The dealer actually detailed the engine bay before i got it and it looks prime under the hood! I had to get touch up paint because the roads in Cleveland are terrible and a rock pierced through the clear bra on the hood and left a little mark to the base coat along with one or two other small nicks on the front bumper . other than that, i had some fun the first month i had it and after that I've just daily driven it. I'm actually putting the car away this winter because salt ate up my last car and i like this thing too much to expose the car to salt. I guess my dilema is that the car really needs the diff. fluid and trans fluid changed since its at almost 35k miles, so do you think i should do that when i bring the car in for the HPFP or wait until spring when i take her back out? Another note, did you change the oil with anything special in the engine or was it all subaru original oil? I'm actually taking her to the dealership tomorrow to take care of everything so i figure i ask!

Glad you responded! I thought i owe you a little piece of mind knowing this car isn't in the hands of someone who doesn't realize what they have!
fuggin_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 01:45 PM   #182
ljake99

Drives: Subaru
I was the one that traded it in for a 16 sti. I went out of my way usually to get non ethanol 93 Khazzy. Never had chirps. I moved from Omaha to Columbus, and brought this beauty with me Loved the car, turned heads everywhere! But I wanted all wheel drive and a little more power lol. I changed the oil every 3k with mobil 1 synthetic and usually a oem filter
ljake99 is offline   Reply With Quote