follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
Saibot

Drives: 01 Toyota Corolla / Porsche 911 C2
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
SOUTHERN ONTARIO GROUP BUY

I started this group buy late march and now it's become a pretty good package deal! I'm going to run this like the SoCal group buy.

[NOTE: Round ONE is complete. Round two is now open! If you want to be part of this, SEND ME A PM! (name+phone# + email + time you want to buy]

THIS GROUP BUY IS OPEN TO ANYONE OUT OF PROVINCE AND THOSE ANYWHERE IN ONTARIO. AS LONG AS YOUR FINANCES ARE SET YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

If you are interested in this group deal please post which list you want to be on. BUT PLEASE, be sure your finances are set for right-off-the-bat buyers. Potential buyers are those who are essentially still making adjustments to their financial plan. Future buyers are self-explanatory.

IF you wish to participate in this group buy, you MUST pm me your first and last name (so we can determine whos serious about this), and contact phone # AND EMAIL!!. Ill add your intiitals beside your username in the respective list.

Also, if you plan on buying this car within the next year or two, put your name down. Might be able to run future group buys from this thread too!

A bunch of members already benefitted from this. Deposits put down + Bills of Sale signed. If you want the deal as well, round two is now open. Since i got in on round one, i wont be as involved in round two, but rather just help you guys communicate.

If you're from somewhere farther than the GTA such as Ottawa OR Windsor, this still may be worth it for you.

THE LIST (FIRST RELEASE BUYERS ROUND TWO)
- ready to put down deposts and buy the car!@
1. jpun15 (J.P)
2. mseth
3. excited86

THE LIST (FIRST RELEASE POTENTIAL BUYERS ROUND TWO)
- Also ready to put down deposits, but waiting on certain conditions
- ie test drive, insurance pricing, accessory prices...

Buyer's for the future release (around a year later)

1. PACMAN
2. m_seth
3. frsone (P.j)

OUR DEAL AS OF NOW:
Our current offer:
~$1000 off mrsp + free floormats (lol) + dealer cost accessories

HOW TO BECOME PART OF THIS DEAL
Send me a private message including your full name and phone number and email to reach you at. I dont care how many posts you have or if you just joined. If you're serious, then you're in.

HOW THIS WILL WORK
Again, borrowing from the SoCal Group buy thread, I'll have a savings code. When the deal is solidified, we'll be running different time frames to actually go in and lay down a deposit/sign papers so that we can show the dealership we have volume! When the time comes, Ill call or send out a text message to everyone along with a PM. Those who reply back to me will get the savings code. With that we can go and get our discouts $_$. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE SAVINGS CODE, DO NOT GO AND PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT YET

Can i get servicing/warranty at a different dealership?
Yep. You can service your car where-ever you want, and get warranty work done by any dealership you want. This way if you're from northern ontario, you dont have to drive into toronto everytime

Is there financing?
Yep. Just confirmed if you need financing; they'll provide it.

Trade-ins?
Yep. Dealership(s) love old cars

If Scion Canada comes out with an incentive, does it apply to us?
All incentives passed down from Scion Canada apply to this deal as well!

When do the cars arrive?
Time is unknown and not guaranteed. However, the more preorders a dealership has, the faster they'll get their cars. Should be June - July through this group buy.

THE LIST of completed buyers:
- these guys already went thru the group buy and got the deal. Everyone walked out with smiles on their faces :')
1. Saibot (T.G)
2. Heero (A.R)
3. Astro_blue(G.T)
4. ahquit (C.C)
5. veewonwon (V.W)
6. Hectathrill (A.M)
7. Scion FR-S(H.W)
8. Masato-San (J.L)
9. styl3z (M.H)
nvortex(J.B)
DHarry (T.S)
randomweather (A.L)

Last edited by Saibot; 06-17-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Aznek

Drives: 2013 White Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If we can get the 5% + $500 graduate discount then count me in!
Aznek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
ahquit

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
I like the idea, but have a few questions:

Which dealership is offering this?

How many people did they say they would need before offering a discount?

Do they know when actual orders can be placed? (rather than a list at the dealership)

If the group buy is at one dealership, wouldn't that burn through the dealer's inventory allotted for this year and mean it would actually take longer to deliver to the people in the group buy? (versus dispersing the orders among a few dealerships)
ahquit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
Saibot

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahquit View Post
I like the idea, but have a few questions:

Which dealership is offering this?

How many people did they say they would need before offering a discount?

Do they know when actual orders can be placed? (rather than a list at the dealership)

If the group buy is at one dealership, wouldn't that burn through the dealer's inventory allotted for this year and mean it would actually take longer to deliver to the people in the group buy? (versus dispersing the orders among a few dealerships)
Ive spoken to four dealerships now. Only one General manager has denied me so far - wietzes toyota in vaughn due to them already having 5 deposits put down (out of a total of 19 cars allocated for this year).

One dealership, Don Valley North Scion, which is one of the biggest scion dealerships in the GTA, said that if we had the numbers; they would be able to order more than their allocation due to their high volume. They only had three preorders so far.

Another one (i think it was downtown toyota or toyota on front) just told me "dont worry about it, i'll get you the # of vehicles you need" lol.

Anyways, the dealership that is the most enthusiastic about this is Ken Shaw Lexus/toyota. They have 0 pre-orders so far (which is strange cus they're a pretty big dealership) and are pretty anxious about getting some scion customers. Their guy told me as soon as the release date is announced, we can order. We do need 10 people to get any kind of a significant discount from them though.

So far, from the looks of it; dealerships can ask for extra cars if there's demand for it. Those that have bigger pre-order lists are more reluctant to offer this group buy because they seem to be more confident that they can sell their cars at mrsp or above.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
wheeladdict

Drives: '07 FJ - '13 FR-S : H8R MT
Put me down... have a pre-order in at Woodbridge Toyota... have you approached them?
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 AM   #6
Saibot

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeladdict View Post
Put me down... have a pre-order in at Woodbridge Toyota... have you approached them?
Will ask what they'd be willing to do for us tmr
Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 AM   #7
m_seth

Drives: 2001 Ford Focus ZTS
I'm interested as well...

I hope usb/bluetooth/moonroof are available options.. does anyone have confirmation on this?
m_seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:53 AM   #8
quik1987

Drives: Bugatti Veyron
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_seth View Post

I hope usb/bluetooth/moonroof are available options.. does anyone have confirmation on this?
no moonroof
quik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
Saibot

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_seth View Post

USB and Bluetooth are standard
Old 04-02-2012, 02:15 AM   #10
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saibot View Post
Ive spoken to four dealerships now. Only one General manager has denied me so far - wietzes toyota in vaughn due to them already having 5 deposits put down (out of a total of 19 cars allocated for this year).

One dealership, Don Valley North Scion, which is one of the biggest scion dealerships in the GTA, said that if we had the numbers; they would be able to order more than their allocation due to their high volume. They only had three preorders so far.

Another one (i think it was downtown toyota or toyota on front) just told me "dont worry about it, i'll get you the # of vehicles you need" lol.

Anyways, the dealership that is the most enthusiastic about this is Ken Shaw Lexus/toyota. They have 0 pre-orders so far (which is strange cus they're a pretty big dealership) and are pretty anxious about getting some scion customers. Their guy told me as soon as the release date is announced, we can order. We do need 10 people to get any kind of a significant discount from them though.

So far, from the looks of it; dealerships can ask for extra cars if there's demand for it. Those that have bigger pre-order lists are more reluctant to offer this group buy because they seem to be more confident that they can sell their cars at mrsp or above.
OK that is interesting because the Shaw Scion brand manager told me on the phone that they had 3 deposits already and only had an allocation of 5 coming in. Someone is playing fast and loose with the truth there - I would be cautious dealing with them. And I doubt you would really need 10 buyers or no sale - probably 6 or 7 would make it worth their while.

That said I would be interested in a group buy subject to a test drive. Also I'll need to know insurance costs before committing.

Last edited by Sport-Tech; 04-02-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
Heero

Drives: 2-door
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion FR-S View Post
OK that is interesting because the Shaw Scion brand manager told me on the phone that they had 3 deposits already and only had an allocation of 5 coming in. Someone is playing fast and loose with the truth there - I would be cautious dealing with them. And I doubt you would really need 10 buyers or no sale - probably 6 or 7 would make it worth their while.

That said I would be interested in a group buy subject to a test drive. Also I'll need to know insurance costs before committing.
Oh wow... if thats the case then looks like theres some snake business going on. I have an email from the dude saying that I would be the first to put a deposit down on a car (a day ago). Looks like we need to stay away from there...
Heero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
Sport-Tech

Drives: TBD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heero View Post
Oh wow... if thats the case then looks like theres some snake business going on. I have an email from the dude saying that I would be the first to put a deposit down on a car (a day ago). Looks like we need to stay away from there...
He told me on the phone Saturday morning that two guys were coming in on the weekend to sign papers.
Sport-Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:09 AM   #13
ahquit

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion FR-S View Post

I'm with you on this, if its a refundable deposit subject to test drive and the dealer can actually place an order with Toyota, then I'm in.

Insurance I'm not sure about, I guess we'll have to use comparables for now to estimate (v6 mustang, gen coupe, veloster).

Did the dealer give any sort of deadline to confirm buyers by?
ahquit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:27 AM   #14
Saibot

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahquit View Post
I'm with you on this, if its a refundable deposit subject to test drive and the dealer can actually place an order with Toyota, then I'm in.

Insurance I'm not sure about, I guess we'll have to use comparables for now to estimate (v6 mustang, gen coupe, veloster).

Did the dealer give any sort of deadline to confirm buyers by?
No deadline given because we dont even have a group discount set in stone. Right now its a numbers game. Once we get more numbers we use that as leverage... then from there we'll set all the conditions in stone.