follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 07-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #421
Nazarite
0 RWHP

Drives: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If they can figure out a reliable workaround for the 02 sensor in the cat in the headers, I'd prefer to run catless headers, catted dp to keep it legal and not have to have an install day every year for emissions. That's just me though. Otherwise I'll run catted headers with a catless dp preferably, hence why I ask. Thanks for the quick response @Tainen.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #422
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazarite View Post
If they can figure out a reliable workaround for the 02 sensor in the cat in the headers, I'd prefer to run catless headers, catted dp to keep it legal and not have to have an install day every year for emissions. That's just me though. Otherwise I'll run catted headers with a catless dp preferably, hence why I ask. Thanks for the quick response @Tainen.

that's exactly the setup I am running right now- catless headers (with an o2 workaround) and the catted dp/overpipe combo, and the axleback. Zero CELs, lots more power. no stinky stinky either.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #423
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
that's exactly the setup I am running right now- catless headers (with an o2 workaround that keeps the o2 sensors in the headers) and the catted dp/overpipe combo, and the axleback. Zero CELs, lots more power. no stinky stinky either.
Want.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #424
Nazarite
0 RWHP

Drives: 2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
that's exactly the setup I am running right now- catless headers (with an o2 workaround) and the catted dp/overpipe combo, and the axleback. Zero CELs, lots more power. no stinky stinky either.
I'll just keep an eye on your car then, make sure nothing goes awry with the 02 placement when tuning and all that good stuff.
Nazarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #425
Tainen

Quote:
I'll just keep an eye on your car then, make sure nothing goes awry with the 02 placement when tuning and all that good stuff.
sounds good. I'm driving it a lot and trying to force a CEL any way I can to test it out for everyone else in the community. Completely rock solid so far. At the track event I was at, I found a huge 6 inch puddle and splashed through it several times after pushing the car really hard to try and break the welds, haha. All I got was huge clouds of steam.

The stock undertray fits even with these header designs, btw. Such a nice feature. I don't think anyone elses does that so far.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tainen For This Useful Post:
Fly Guy (07-10-2012), Jason@Nameless (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #426
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
The stock undertray fits even with these header designs, btw. Such a nice feature. I don't think anyone elses does that so far.
By undertray do you mean the skidplate (or is there a plastic one too?) or the metal heatshields? I'd pay for them to add the required hardware to be able to reuse the stock heatshield.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #427
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Any news on version #2 catless?

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:42 PM   #428
2forme

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,552 Times in 843 Posts
Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Garage
Do we have a finished working header with a cat? Curious because of all the dyno and pics in the thread. Have a header back exhaust on order. Would love to have a header on its way too.
2forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #429
Tainen

I know they are really busy working on some rotated STI setups right now, but I'm pretty sure the catless and catted header designs for the tri-Y setups are final (the ones that have the dyno numbers posted). The 4-1 stuff, I have no clue, it'd be best for Jason or John to talk on this, since I'm no official nameless person. If you're eager for a header, give them a call and ask for release timing- I'm not at liberty to share that info, but they might.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #430
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
I know they are really busy working on some rotated STI setups right now, but I'm pretty sure the catless and catted header designs for the tri-Y setups are final (the ones that have the dyno numbers posted). The 4-1 stuff, I have no clue, it'd be best for Jason or John to talk on this, since I'm no official nameless person. If you're eager for a header, give them a call and ask for release timing- I'm not at liberty to share that info, but they might.
I PM'd him with some suggestions when the catless dyno numbers were posted. Haven't heard anything back, but don't want to pester him if he's busy.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #431
Jason@Nameless

Drives: '88 BMW 535is Turbo
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Garage
Yeah we had some commitments to finish up a few designs for a rotated turbo kit for a STi Time Attack car and we have been working diligently to get those off our plate. We do have an FRS that is on order and should arrive tomorrow and we will be jumping right back into the development process. Dimmen, I'll PM you tomorrow or the next day and we can discuss some of the options. I do want to try out a long tube, over the subframe, header that will not be factory fit just for grins to see if it makes any major improvements over the catted header we have already finished and a smaller diameter catless design. Certainly haven't stopped our work, just had to get some other stuff off our plate so we can focus on new development for the BRZ/FRS. We also bought a 2012 STi hatch last night, so our development schedule for both cars will be full-tilt in the coming months. No more having to work around owners schedules, etc. Not to say we aren't going to still be looking for beta testers out in the field.

I know I have a lot of PM's to reply to. I'll be doing my best in the next few days to get those replied to. We will be releasing the catted 1.625-1.750 header here in the next week or so, just working on getting some quotes on the mandrel bends and we also just picked up a beast-mode 3-phase 24" Carbide Cold Saw for doing a lot of the more complex cuts and holding very tight accuracy for these designs as well as some of our schedule 10 turbo manifolds. Contemplating one for this car, to be quite honest. But we have a lot of ideas that we are currently pondering for the BRZ/FRS.

Also, we are sponsoring the Big Northwest Subaru Meet at Pacific Raceways in Kent, WA this Saturday, July 14th. We'll have a good display there with a BRZ, 2-3 STi's, a WRX, and potentially our new FRS. Look forward to seeing those of you from the PNW there.

Jason
Jason@Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason@Nameless For This Useful Post:
civicdrivr (07-10-2012), Dimman (07-09-2012), ImAwesome (07-09-2012), Neziah (07-09-2012), Tainen (07-09-2012)
Old 07-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #432
Jason@Nameless

Garage
And we will have tuning capacity very very soon. Super excited about that as well.

J
Old 07-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #433
Jason@Nameless

Garage
Quote:
Do you know if/when they plan to show dynos of the catted header/catless dp and/or catless header/catless dp?
The catted and catless headers dyno graphs were about 3 posts above this one.

Jason
Old 07-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #434
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@Nameless View Post
The catted and catless headers dyno graphs were about 3 posts above this one.

Jason
You mean the ones in post 400? Not too thrilled about that loss down-low

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag