follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List
Pat.Thornton

Old 10-31-2014, 07:48 PM   #141
Endemic760FRS

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My car seems to make the noise only after I drive the car a while then the noise comes. I took it to the dealer and they couldn't reproduce the noise. I then took the car and drove it a while and when it started to make the noise I went straight back to the dealer and a technician went on a test drive with me and heard the noise loud and clear. I had to do this twice with two different techs and then after two days of waiting they say they cant look into it any further because of my after market parts. All I have on the car is a lip kit and a vis racing hood. Thats it. So they want me to take it all off and if the noise continues to happen then I should take it back.
Endemic760FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 05:51 PM   #142
shellslinger

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
My squeaky clutch came back any permanent remedies?
shellslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 06:29 PM   #143
ericmpena

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellslinger View Post
My squeaky clutch came back any permanent remedies?
Did you take it to the dealership? I had this issue a year ago. I took it into the dealership, they had my car for about 2 weeks, and I haven't had an issue since. I'd let them check it out. It seems like a big job to fix. They had to remove my whole transmission, clean up some stuff, and then put it back in. It didn't need to be replaced.

If you're still under warranty then let them handle it. If they fix it for you in the past then at least their work should still be under warranty, right?
Old 01-31-2015, 07:12 PM   #144
shellslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericmpena View Post
Did you take it to the dealership? I had this issue a year ago. I took it into the dealership, they had my car for about 2 weeks, and I haven't had an issue since. I'd let them check it out. It seems like a big job to fix. They had to remove my whole transmission, clean up some stuff, and then put it back in. It didn't need to be replaced.

If you're still under warranty then let them handle it. If they fix it for you in the past then at least their work should still be under warranty, right?
Yeah I took mine to the dealership last time for the squeaky clutch. They lubed the clutch fork then gave it back to me. The noise went away for approximately 7k miles. It just recently came back, I guess I'll be taking it back tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:35 AM   #145
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:

Why would they take your whole transmission apart? Unless the squeak is coming from somewhere else, a simple clutch and throttle bearing replacement should have fixed the issue. They shouldn't have had your car for more than 2-3 days depending on how busy thief garage is.

Quote:
Yeah I took mine to the dealership last time for the squeaky clutch. They lubed the clutch fork then gave it back to me. The noise went away for approximately 7k miles. It just recently came back, I guess I'll be taking it back tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.

Tell them to look at your throttle bearing. It's the clutch provider(exedy if I'm correct, that is failing with their product)
Old 02-02-2015, 11:25 AM   #146
SloS14

Drives: 2013 FR-S whiteout
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekowahhhh View Post
Tell them to look at your throttle bearing.
SloS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #147
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloS14 View Post

Throttle bearing, thrust bearing, throw out bearing.. Whichever you prefer. I've heard different variations.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:45 PM   #148
ericmpena

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neekowahhhh View Post
Why would they take your whole transmission apart? Unless the squeak is coming from somewhere else, a simple clutch and throttle bearing replacement should have fixed the issue. They shouldn't have had your car for more than 2-3 days depending on how busy thief garage is.

Tell them to look at your throttle bearing. It's the clutch provider(exedy if I'm correct, that is failing with their product)
Eh, I'm not exactly sure what they did or why it took so long, but it's fixed and that's all that matters to me. The noise bothered me so much that once it was fixed I could care less how long they had my car. I'd rather them have my car for a month and fix the issue rather than have it for 2 days and the issue comes back.
Old 02-02-2015, 01:49 PM   #149
Neekowahhhh
Enthusiast

Quote:
Eh, I'm not exactly sure what they did or why it took so long, but it's fixed and that's all that matters to me. The noise bothered me so much that once it was fixed I could care less how long they had my car. I'd rather them have my car for a month and fix the issue rather than have it for 2 days and the issue comes back.

That's understandable and I get it, but a month without my car to diagnose and repair an issue that should have taken less than 5 days, while they have you driving around in a low par rental while still possibly making payments. I feel that is a bit inexcusable and excessive.

Glad your issue has been fixed though. I asked my cousin who works for Toyota corporate if this issue has come across his desk yet(he works in the department where common issues that arise are looked into and solved for example: stuck prius peddle problem) and he said it hasn't been common enough apparently, because he had no idea
Old 02-09-2015, 12:50 PM   #150
shellslinger

Well dropped off my frs at the dealership this Saturday. Said it's going to take a week to fix. The service advisor did not give me much info what was going to be replaced. All he said was that there was something wrong with the bell housing? I'm not sure how that would correlate. Anyways, I'll let you guys know what was the issue and what was resolved
Old 02-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #151
ericmpena

Garage
Soooo, my squeaking came back this evening. I'm at 34,525 miles...and I believe the warranty is up to 36k...so I'm gonna take it in tomorrow and see if the dealership can work some more magic. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been since I had this problem before, but hopefully the still have records of what the issue was. I'd like to avoid the whole, "that sound is normal" routine with them. I'll update when I get more info.

EDIT: My previous posts show my issue started on Feb 14, 2014. I took my car in March 19th and received it back April 1st.
Crazy, my issue is starting again almost exactly 1 year later.
Feb 14, 2014 vs Feb. 15, 2015.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:34 AM   #152
shellslinger

Quote:
Soooo, my squeaking came back this evening. I'm at 34,525 miles...and I believe the warranty is up to 36k...so I'm gonna take it in tomorrow and see if the dealership can work some more magic. I'm not sure exactly how long it's been since I had this problem before, but hopefully the still have records of what the issue was. I'd like to avoid the whole, "that sound is normal" routine with them. I'll update when I get more info.

EDIT: My previous posts show my issue started on Feb 14, 2014. I took my car in March 19th and received it back April 1st.
Crazy, my issue is starting again almost exactly 1 year later.
Feb 14, 2014 vs Feb. 15, 2015.
What did they do the first time? Did they just lube the clutch fork? They replaced my throw out bearing and front plate cover.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:05 AM   #153
ericmpena

Garage
Quote:
What did they do the first time? Did they just lube the clutch fork? They replaced my throw out bearing and front plate cover.
I think they might have just lubed it. I remember them saying that nothing needed to be replaced. Maybe it'll be different now since whatever they did before didn't fix it permanently.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:28 PM   #154
Ranatsu
Cone basher

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Series.Yellow
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
My car had this squeaking sound whenever I would push the clutch in, so I began looking under the hood very closely while a friend would push the clutch in. The sound was coming from the slave cylinder. So I pulled the little boot forward towards the clutch forkand noticed that it isn't greased at all in there. I added some moly wheel bearing grease in the boot because thats all I had around then put it back. No more squeaks for me after this.
Ranatsu is offline   Reply With Quote