follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 01-20-2016, 01:03 PM   #15
PandaSPUR
PandaPandaPandaPandaPanda

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fl4t View Post
The selling points are the refined interior, keyless entry, heated seats IMO.

Additional items that add to it are the spoiler, illuminated vanity mirrors, courtesy lights in the doors, and heated side mirrors.
^ This.

A lot of the little lesser-known features just make it feel like more of a refined car to me.

Walking up to the car and seeing the interior dome lights turn on when I'm within a few feet is a neat little feature. I don't think the Premium does this since its not keyless? (i.e. not set up with all the sensors for the key)

I love the lights in the doors, I replaced the bulbs with blue LEDs and it looks good against my white exterior.

Not sure if I could live without keyless entry at this point, its just too convenient.

The dual auto climate control is a plus for me too. I actually use the dual settings. My girlfriend is usually freezing and I have a ton of body heat. I set my side to 68 and hers to 74, perfect. Also, it just simply looks way better than the climate control cluster in the Premium BRZ trim.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PandaSPUR For This Useful Post:
Summerwolf (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 01:13 PM   #16
yelsew
Little Member

Drives: Bloo - The 13' BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
For me the seats themselves were worth it. I had cloth seats in my honda and full leather seats in the mini and these limited seats are the best of both worlds. They don't have the slip issues and temperature issues of full leather seats, and they don't look or feel cheap like the cloth seats. And with winter here I've used the heaters in them every day. I tested a premium and i felt more like I was getting back in my old civic after driving the mini for so long. I like the auto climate in this car vs others ive had but it wasnt a must have. Im sure you can swing a limited for close to 25 plus tax and fees.

Sent from my Glade Air Freshener
People just need some #drivermod in their life.
yelsew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 01:19 PM   #17
Gaiakai

Drives: '21 Civic Type R
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Yup, if you're coming from a 135i you definitely want the Limited. I'd really only recommend the base model if you're looking to build a dedicated track car (less weight); but if it's going to be a DD then the quality of life stuff that comes with the Limited is really good for the price.

It's really dumb, but one thing that annoys me when I move from my car to something that has cloth seats (shotgun in my dad's civic) is the static that gets me at egress. Literally Pikachu.

I'm also gonna be adding +1 to getting in touch with Heuberger for a crazy low price. Check out the Dealer Cars section.
Old 01-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #18
Veloist

Drives: ‘93 MR2, ‘22 GR86, ‘23 GR Corolla
Thanked 1,713 Times in 668 Posts
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looks like you are leaning toward the Limited because of Push-Button/Keyless Entry and the Spoiler.

Aside from that, you are getting higher quality seats and a more intuitive climate control. Honestly the only reason I preferred the Dual-Auto Climate Control is because it looks better than the manual knobs. It's all preference.

EDIT: Foglights, which come standard on the Limited, are pretty cool too! At least to me

And the headunit--it's not the best but it also does its job very well. For me, I'm rarely playing around with it because I'm always more engaged when driving the car. I don't even listen to the radio because I like the hear the engine working.

Finally, I'm going to PM you some more information! Check your inbox
Old 01-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #19
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
This is the best 4-seater I've owned. If something happened to it, I'd go out and buy another BRZ Limited (though when I no longer need rear seats, I'll be back in a Miata).

I originally went for this trim for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock View Post
keyless, automatic/dual HVAC controls, and heated mirrors. The heated seats, leather/alcantara, and fog lights are also nice to have. I didn't care about the spoiler when I ordered, but it looks good in person, and is actually functional (for reducing drag).
My opinion hasn't changed much since.

Frequently useful:
  • Keyless and push-button start
  • Heated seats
  • Heated mirrors
  • Automatic HVAC
Also nice:
  • Alcantara seats
Don't care about:
  • Spoiler
  • Fog lights (I like fog lights in general, but they're not that important on the BRZ since it's already so low to the ground)
The infotainment system is temperamental and the UI is mediocre. But it's (marginally) better than not having it.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:55 PM   #20
acetothermus

Drives: Flying in a Blue Dream
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaSPUR View Post
Walking up to the car and seeing the interior dome lights turn on when I'm within a few feet is a neat little feature.
Yeah, the first time I noticed this I thought I had left the dome light on after being inside the car. lol
Quote:
Not sure if I could live without keyless entry at this point, its just too convenient.
So very this. When I jump into my 08 Tacoma it's almost jarring to have to turn a key...

Quote:
The dual auto climate control is a plus for me too. I actually use the dual settings. My girlfriend is usually freezing and I have a ton of body heat. I set my side to 68 and hers to 74, perfect. Also, it just simply looks way better than the climate control cluster in the Premium BRZ trim.
I don't typically ride with passengers...but typically when I do it's with girls, who are always freezing. *sigh* So having the ability to not bake while they are complaining about being cold is nice.
acetothermus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to acetothermus For This Useful Post:
carczar87 (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 03:19 PM   #21
g e

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I went with the Limited over the Premium mainly because of the seats. The Alacanta is wearing well and the seat heaters are great in the winter.

The puddle and vanity lights are nice to have and so is the dual automatic climate control. There is a button that almost instantaneously defogs the windshield. Not sure if manual climate offers this very useful feature.

I also wanted the fog lights but the stock version turned out to be useless.

Push button start is something I've grown to like and would miss it if it disappeared. I don't care one way or the other about the spoiler.

My car us a silver late production run 2013 with MT. I paid $25,500 or thereabouts in November 2013 before taxes and fees etc. it was new.

Btw, I hate the head unit with navigation. Setting any audio controls save volume which is a physical knob is downright dangerous while under power. Didn't any of the engineers road test the audio/navi system?
g e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #22
carczar87
Perpetually Sideways

Drives: '14 DGM BRZ, '94 Volvo 940 Turbo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Obviously this is a highly personal decision but for me I knew I really wanted the limited, primarily because of the seats. For whatever reason, I can't get over my own personal perception of cloth seats feeling cheap to me, no matter how nicely they're executed. Heated seats were also a must for me being up north.

Also, push button start is pretty cool and something I don't think I could live without at this point. Throw my keys in my briefcase in the morning, don't take
'em out until I get home in the evening. Sometimes they live there until the weekend... :O
carczar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 03:46 PM   #23
RobertPaulson
Hisnamewasrobertpaulson

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
i bought a limited for the seats, dual climate control and the spoiler. the keyless entry and push button start were a nice bonus that i've enjoyed more and more as i've owned the vehicle. I do not regret going limited over premium and would do so again if i had to.
acetothermus (01-20-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 11:40 PM   #24
ADRNLNE

Drives: BRZ
Thank you everyone for all the replies!

I have decided to pick up a Limited once my 1er sells. Will update with pics once it's all said and done

Last edited by ADRNLNE; 01-21-2016 at 12:06 AM.
ADRNLNE is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ADRNLNE For This Useful Post:
jawn (01-20-2016), PandaSPUR (01-21-2016)
Old 01-20-2016, 11:57 PM   #25
ed_423

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
i came from an 09 tsx and decided on the limited over the premium. i think it's worth it.

i got it for 29k out the door here in socal. i could've probably negotiated more but i suck at negotiation LOL.

like others said, limited feels a bit more refined.

infotainment system works, but not great. the display is nice and it plays my music via bluetooth, and i can plug it in for pandora. all the other starlink apps i rarely use.
ed_423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:58 PM   #26
jawn

Drives: 2015 CWP BRZ Limited
Thanked 3,946 Times in 1,757 Posts
Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deslock View Post
This is the best 4-seater I've owned. If something happened to it, I'd go out and buy another BRZ Limited (though when I no longer need rear seats, I'll be back in a Miata).

I originally went for this trim for:

My opinion hasn't changed much since.

Frequently useful:
  • Keyless and push-button start
  • Heated seats
  • Heated mirrors
  • Automatic HVAC
Also nice:
  • Alcantara seats
Don't care about:
  • Spoiler
  • Fog lights (I like fog lights in general, but they're not that important on the BRZ since it's already so low to the ground)
The infotainment system is temperamental and the UI is mediocre. But it's (marginally) better than not having it.
I actually had this same thought process, more or less. Heated seats and mirrors are the bombdiggity, and the dual zone climate control looks like it should be in a car of this price, rather than the Corolla knobs in the Premium.
jawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:20 AM   #27
ADRNLNE

Drives: BRZ
So now that I have settled on the BRZ Limited. What are the typical failures of these cars? Typical ones on my BMW are waterpump and HPFP. What are items I should budget for?
ADRNLNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 01:27 AM   #28
Speed2th
I love my series blue brz

Drives: 2010 335d
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I read an article a while back about a statistical study found more people regret not to get options in their car than people regret paid more for too much options. That is how I felt it too!
Speed2th is offline   Reply With Quote