follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #505
GTLegend

Drives: 04 TSX, 96 240sx, 94 Prelude Vtec
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thumbs up Hi, from NJ ! i can wait for the ft86

i'm from edison NJ. i love racing/driving, and cars. i'm currently driving an audi a4, and nissan 240sx, i've owned a 1986 corolla sr5 with a 4age w/4age swap. sadly i sold my ae86 to pay for bills and school when times were rough. i miss driving the AE86 (even though it was down on power), i miss the way it sounds and the feeling of driving it (on smooth twisty roads). i also a member of ECToyotas, club4ag, and nicoclub.

when i heard out toyota wants to produce a modern version of the ae86 i was going crazy! for two years i was tracking the post and vids.

just wanted to say HI!
are there any FT-86 club members in NJ area?
GTLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:35 PM   #506
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Yo! Wazup peeps. I don't think I have properly introduced myself yet. I'm not "new" new...since I have 80 some odd post under my other account, "RhythmnSmoke". But for whatever reason, I was getting no replies...come to find out, no one can see my post under my normal online user name. So, I took a guess that there was something wrong with the way my account was setup, and made an account under my old online screen name. Real name is Travis...HI!

Moving along. My Rides are a 2006 Scion tC, and 2005 Infiniti FX35 (sold my 2003 350z to get the FX35 for my family). I have 60+ Youtube vids of me racing my tC and some of me drifting and AutoX'ing my old 350z. Why do I have so many vids? It's so when I make a claim about what a tC can do, I get 50 some odd people saying "No it can't", so I record my stuff and then just point them to the videos...LOL. Both of my cars are stock internals, so no built motors....YET (minus the Z since I don't have it anymore). I've participated in Redline Time Attack, various HPDE track days, SEDA drift event, and SCCA AutoX's.

2006 Scion tC

My tC at 8lbs of boost vs My 350z

On my old turbo setup before being sold. Running 12lbs of boost in this one.

New turbo Setup coming soon, so right now just running stock HP and racing it that way, but she still holds her own at the race track.

Exhibit A:

Vs S2K (modded), 2010/11 Mustang GT, Miata's, EF Civic hatch, Roush S/C Mustang GT, Vette...etc

Exterior

My 350z

Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #507
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
welcome gtlegend and er welcome again dragonitti? lol
Old 11-24-2010, 01:58 PM   #508
System_H8erZ

Drives: 03 MazdaSpeed Protege
Jeff sayin wazzup from Hilo HI,

i love toyotas and have wanted this car from way back wen...almost had forgotten and given up on it and was lookin for an IS300 but glad to see that its closing in... i hope that it wont be watered down jus for the US but if it is then i guess gearheads will have hella fun makin customs lol... its a sign i leave for basic in less then 3 weeks and my mos wont finish for about a year... hello FT-86 baby!
System_H8erZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 11:53 PM   #509
iLoveSpeed

Drives: Ft-86 :DDDDD
Hi ! My name is Kevin, from the states.
I'm a young new driver but I love Toyota and always have been. I can't wait for this concept car and it's going to be amazing FT-86<3
iLoveSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #510
fargasj

Drives: Scion FRS monogram 2014
Hi from beautiful Puerto Rico, looking foward to get my FT next year...
fargasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:12 PM   #511
mars9095

Drives: 2009 Toyota Matrix
Hi there !
I'm just new to this so please forgive me if I sound ignorant.....
My last "fun car" was a quite rare 2005 Celica GTS Tsunami. I was able to get it here in Canada from Japan just 2 days before Tsunami tragedy and I was able to keep the "Tsunami" on my GTS (all other ones were removed by Toyota before they were delivered to customers). Now I'm hoping for a "Celi resurection" with the FT86 but WHEN....?????!!!
Regards,
mars9095
mars9095 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:35 AM   #512
Wizwind

Drives: CooperS
Hi! I am Japanese,live in Tokyo.I can speak only Japanese.sorry.
I inform it today because there was new information.

It is an article by Japanese Tokyo Shimbun today.
"I understood that small sportscar "FT -86" that Toyota Motor Corporation and Fuji Heavy Industries developed jointly was released at the end of 2011.
When President Ikuo Mori of Fuji Heavy Industries "marketed it for the coverage of the main sheet at the end of 2011", I declared it. The Toyota side is considered to release it at the same time.
 Plan of the new sportscar were announced in spring, 2008. But the market injection was watched under the influence of the financial crisis of autumn, the same year after spring, 2012.
However, American car sale to become the main market shows a sign of the recovery a little and commercializes it according to the original plan because the vehicle development was approximately finished.
 Toyota designs the new car with a plan, and Fuji Heavy Industries is in charge of a design and production. In FR, the engine is equipped with an engine (a boxer engine) vs. the low mileage stability of 2,000cc that Fuji Heavy Industries developed newly for. It is expected that I become the pricing of around 2,500,000 yen.
The approximately finished body adjusts it for the last time in foreign countries and the Kuzuu test course (Sano-shi, Tochigi) of Fuji Heavy Industries. President Mori "is the low mileage in niceness very". Because a center of gravity and a sitting position are low, and the steerage nature is good, I show confidence when I have you feel it when driving became delicious.
 I take about 40,000,000,000 yen at first and was going to make a new factory, but produce it at a line of the Gunma mill regular employee ground making a light car now (Oota-shi, Gunma) to control inv. The production of new cars start back carries away the Subaru car to the same line and produces it at the same time.
Toyota side cuts down the last design by release.
Wizwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 06:06 AM   #513
2eck

Drives: Smart Roadster
Hi.
My name is Thomas and I am from Germany.

I'm intrested in the FT86 because my current "trackday" car started to get boring this summer.
And this on a track where being bored is the best way to get killed by being inattentive.

I'm doing 120 to 150 laps a year on the Nuerburgring in a (don't laugh) Smart Roadster.
Cute little car. 1800 lbs, 125 HP, rather extreme cornering speeds...
But I hand tuned the software of this litte 699cc turbo engine to the limit and this summer I hit the point where I couldn't improve my average laptimes anymore.
The Ring is about one hour away from here and it's more like a hobby then a trackday once in while.

I hope the FT 86 will have that Subaru 2.5 turbo engine and give me an alternative for my current tray toy.
2eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #514
Maxim

Drives: 2010 GTI 2dr Tornado Red
Hey I'm new.

Yes, my username is my actual complete first name. Yes, I'm aware it's also a magazine.

Anywho, I'm in the Army, currently stationed in Germany, deploying to Afghanistan in a few months. I hope to buy an FT-86 upon my return.

Why? Well, I love small sporty cars. I love my GTI, although I normally cannot stand front wheel drive. I've had it chipped with intake and exhaust and it's putting about 240hp to the wheels....any more would be pointless. The chassis can certainly handle it, as proven by the Golf R or the Audi TTrs, but routing any more power through the front wheels would just make it too hard to control in the first two gears.

I'll have plenty of disposable income upon my return, and apart from investments that I already am routing money into, I feel like I will probably deserve a new toy.

I've had a project IROC-Z camaro in the past, had a lot of fun with it (great handling once you reinforce the frame), and a '95 Cobra that the previous owner had supercharged (also handled surprisingly well...better than the GTI in fact, though the tactile feelings the car gave you were very....numb I guess. But that damn thing could corner on rails even if the steering wheel didnt tell you what was going on all the time)

If the performance targets that I've read about with the FT-86 are actually met, I can see it being an extremely fun car. It should get good mileage too. I'm tired of modern cars getting heavier and heavier, and as the FT-86 seems to be trying for essentially a hardtop Miata type experience, I think I would find it very enjoyable. If it is 2700lbs and has 190hp I would be extremely happy with it.

Those Subaru flat 4 engines respond pretty well to tuning and sound really great given the right treatment, and they are pretty damn bulletproof to boot. I trust that the new iteration of the engine (I understand it is a clean sheet design but they DID keep all the things that made it unique) will prove the same.

Anyways, I'm rambling. If the car looks similar to the concept, packs close to 200hp and weighs less than 2750lbs, I will be a happy man. It'll basically be a rear wheel drive Civic Si....and I nearly chose that over the GTI....
Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 PM   #515
Neutral_Eyes
Softparker

Drives: 2002 Mazda Miata
Hi.

I currently drive an NB Miata, which is plenty of fun, but lately I've been wanting something with a bit more power and AZ livability (soft top doesn't keep much of the 120 degree heat out). The only cars I've been interested in for a replacement are FWD or pretty fat (Cooper S, GTI, WRX).

I got to thinking "why don't they make the MR2 anymore?" Somehow, googling around landed me at an FT-86 article. I didn't pay it much attention at first because I thought it would be similar to the Genesis Coupe, but learning that it would have a NA boxer engine and a lower(ish) weight really piqued my interest. So I've decided to hold off on a purchase until I can give the FT-86 a proper test drive.

Until then, I'll have to make due with driving it in GT5 (which is a blast!) and reading the rumor mills. Cheers!
Neutral_Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:54 PM   #516
nogoodname

Drives: G35
Hey everyone, Just joined the site! I currently drive a g35 and interested in the ft86.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #517
KTB

Drives: Nissan Titan
New guy

Hey there guys. As this is my first post in the forum I'll say hi and drop some info.

My first car was a 91 MR2. I swapped out the 5SFE for the 3SGTE. Along with all the other usual goodies. Unfortuanly i sold the car in 2005. Only regret of my life. And as my profile says I now drive a Nissan Titan. A wife and twins will do that to you. But the divorce gets me the freedom for another fun to drive Toyota. So i'm hoping that when the FT-86 comes to dealerships i'll like it as much as my long lost love, my MR2.
KTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #518
evandael

Drives: E30 325e
Hey Eric here. Been lurking for a bit..

I drive an E30 325e, a car with a similar cult following to the AE86. I'm really interested in the FT86 as a replacement once I graduate for its compact nature, low weight, expensive styling, and RWD! Here's to hoping Toyota doesn't deviate too much from the concept and do other dumb shit like badge it as a Scion or something..

I've been photoshopping this car like mad, go check 'em out in the photoshop thread.
evandael is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo