follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #183
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciro View Post
So your waiting to release more features you have already developed for other cars? I think its foolish to wait. Personally I have been waiting for more development on the ECU before putting a turbo charger in my car. I know ECUtek already has developed a great product but it has been limited to what I know is needed to be done for my application and the GTR has some of the options. Maybe the tuners I have talked to are not as familiar with the product as I am hoping but I would not wait to release features for a product that sounds like its not very difficult on ECUtek's end.

I would have bought day one with my car but now I waiting for a better option. How many others are waiting also?
First of all, ALL succesfull companies study how much would it be worth to develop a prodcut before doing it and if it doesn't make sense $$$ wise, there's no reason to do it at the moment (busniess 101).

Second, saying "it sounds not too difficult for ECUtek to do" is a really bold assumption. No one knows how hard/easy it is for them and how much resources they need to invest to make it happen.

So while I would love to have any and all features, I understand ECUtek's take on it.

The thing I believe should be prioritized is allowing end user customization. Please make it happen
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
EcuTek (11-26-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #184
ciro

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EcuTek View Post
The way our platform works means that once we have RaceROM features for one car it is easier [read quicker] to develop them for other cars we support.
That to me says it's easy.

Also yes you do have a point of what to wait on for releasing products but there is a flip side to that. Work with your upper management at your work and tell me otherwise.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #185
Visconti
Banned

Drives: 05 STi
Thanked 3,188 Times in 1,197 Posts
Mentioned: 375 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Visconti
The EcuTek product for BRZ/FRS is far more advanced than what's currently out there for WRX/STI. I'm not sure what your waiting for, because we can literally do anything we want right now.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Visconti For This Useful Post:
Bahraini86 (11-26-2013), Circuit Motorsports (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #186
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
That to me says it's easy.

Also yes you do have a point of what to wait on for releasing products but there is a flip side to that. Work with your upper management at your work and tell me otherwise.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Easier doesn't mean easy.

Its easier for me to make my girlfriend happy with gifts after I piss her off (because I know what she likes now), but that doesn't mean its easy.
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (11-25-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #187
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays View Post
but if it had a clutch pedal...
Then I would have owned one by now.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #188
Circuit Motorsports

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Circuit Motorsports
Quote:
So your waiting to release more features you have already developed for other cars? I think its foolish to wait. Personally I have been waiting for more development on the ECU before putting a turbo charger in my car. I know ECUtek already has developed a great product but it has been limited to what I know is needed to be done for my application and the GTR has some of the options. Maybe the tuners I have talked to are not as familiar with the product as I am hoping but I would not wait to release features for a product that sounds like its not very difficult on ECUtek's end.

I would have bought day one with my car but now I waiting for a better option. How many others are waiting also?

Just curious, what features are you waiting for, or do you want?
Old 11-26-2013, 06:42 AM   #189
EcuTek

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quote:

OK, perhaps we didn’t make that very clear. None of us are sitting around twiddling our thumbs here. We have set ourselves some pretty hard targets to get done by the end of the year and when we said quick that is relative to how long it takes to develop features for the first car. It still takes a few months and we support GT-R, STi/WRX, 370Z, Mazda MX 5, CX 5, MPS, 6 and diesels, Subaru DiT, BRZ/GT-86/FR-S to name but a few and we have suggestions by the hundreds coming into us every day as to what we should do next, extra features here, updates there. So it becomes a commercial decision as to where we apply our limited resources to get maximum effect. We have 3 people working constantly on our GT-86/BRZ/FR-S announcement at the moment so rest assured there is a lot of focus on your community of owners. We are trying to do our best for you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EcuTek For This Useful Post:
Calum (11-26-2013), ciro (11-26-2013), Dustin (11-26-2013), kask2_6.0 (11-26-2013), Sportsguy83 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 07:02 AM   #190
Deep Six

Drives: 2013 FRS / 2013 427 Vert
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Just a point of clarification concerning wait or don't wait. Whatever quantum leap takes place in the near future will still be available to existing license holders as well?
2013 FR-S Asphalt BC Coils/Rev Works UEL header/HKS Front Pipe/Racing Brake BBK/Shorai LW Battery/ACT 6 Puck Clutch/FBM Radiator & Oil Pan/JR Oil Cooler/Jackson Racing High Boost C30/Rev Works Built Motor
2016 Audi TTS APR Tuned
Old 11-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #191
EcuTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Six View Post
Just a point of clarification concerning wait or don't wait. Whatever quantum leap takes place in the near future will still be available to existing license holders as well?
Yes, absolutely.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:26 AM   #192
AZFA20
Automotive Connoisseur

Drives: too many cars
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Garage
Fine wine takes time to reach its iconic taste. Although you know its sitting in the barrel fermenting you wouldn't want to crack it open prematurely or perhaps the taste may be a turn off from what it could have been. Had you just been patient and let it refine the results are the difference of poo tasting wine vs. wow factor.

I'm already invested so I'll spend my waiting having fun in the car with what we have already instead of complaining about releasing something that isn't ready yet. Let's not forget EcuTek was there for us when there were no other viable options. I too am praying to have end user control but I find it amusing that more times than not those complaining about not having the option to so are the same ones who aren't qualified to be "tuning" in the first place (not directed at anyone in particular just speaking from a general perspective and years of being in this industry).

EcuTek, take your time!!
Circuit Motorsports (11-26-2013), EcuTek (11-26-2013)
Old 11-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #193
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
We have 3 people working constantly on our GT-86/BRZ/FR-S announcement at the moment so rest assured there is a lot of focus on your community of owners. We are trying to do our best for you.
Doesn't sound like end user tuning is the annoucement to me, which would mean you aren't doing the best for me.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #194
EcuTek

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Doesn't sound like end user tuning is the annoucement to me, which would mean you aren't doing the best for me.
Not sure where the evidence is for that conclusion.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #195
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Quote:
Not sure where the evidence is for that conclusion.
Because the functionality is already there, it is in the hands of the EcuTek tuners, it just needs to be granted to the end user as well. I would hope it wouldn't take 3 dedicated employees to make that happen, but I would love to be wrong in this case.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #196
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Because the functionality is already there, it is in the hands of the EcuTek tuners, it just needs to be granted to the end user as well. I would hope it wouldn't take 3 dedicated employees to make that happen, but I would love to be wrong in this case.
you forget about all the DRM that would have to be implemented to keep us from sharing files, looking at the work we paid someone else for, tuning our neighbor's car, etc. you know, all the stuff you would normally do with something you own .

the announcement has to be end-user tuning or it's pointless really. why announce anything else to a bunch of people that aren't even allowed to look at what you're announcing? why would anyone care that the tuner they can't get ahold of has a nice new software feature to make his job easier when he decides to respond to you?

if it is end user tuning i'll pay for it, presuming information becomes available that would suggest i should given all of the other options out there (great defs, basically). i'm damn sure not paying $300 for their cable when i have a perfectly good openport sitting here, i know that much.

Closed Thread