follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
jeebus

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT (on order)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
Tires?
still stock. I'm actually surprised how much more capable the tires are at gripping after the alignment changes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norkoastal View Post
Newbish questions forming...... Can you tell me what exactly you added and the intended goal? Im always game for a more "pure" alignment and tracking angle for my DD (reduced tramlining or wandering at highway speeds). Are these just track mods or things that made DD more enjoyable and tire wear the same?
Stock front camber is like 0 on this car. That sucks for AutoX/Track use because you tend to roll over on the tires more and get weird wear. it also sucks for people that drive aggressively enough on the street. So I added a set of crash bolts up front and dialed in about a degree of negative camber. Do a search on here for crash bolts...you will find the part #. They were like $9.50 for the pair from Subaru. I initially got it aligned to get my toe in check, because it was possible I got too much front toe in from the camber change. However, since I was on the rack, I got the front set to very slightly toe out and the back to more aggressively toe in, than stock.

I'm very pleased with the results.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #16
RYU

Drives: really slow...
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
@jeebus - Interesting on your toe settings. I was actually thinking of doing the same. Was considering going 1mm out in front and 1mm in for the rear but because this is a daily I may start out at 0 and 0. My other car runs 2mm out in front and 4mm in for the rear. I go thru rear tires every <5k miles but it's a point and shoot track weapon

@Norkoastal - Alignment settings get to be much to do with personal preference as you get down into the details. Tire pressure makes a huge difference surprisingly. Just my $0.02 but what RCE recommends as a baseline makes sense; Camber/Toe: Front 1.5/0 Rear 1.5/0 probably a good starting point.
RYU is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RYU For This Useful Post:
Norkoastal (09-27-2012)
Old 09-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #17
jeebus

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT (on order)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RYU View Post
@jeebus - Interesting on your toe settings. I was actually thinking of doing the same. Was considering going 1mm out in front and 1mm in for the rear but because this is a daily I may start out at 0 and 0. My other car runs 2mm out in front and 4mm in for the rear. I go thru rear tires every <5k miles but it's a point and shoot track weapon

@Norkoastal - Alignment settings get to be much to do with personal preference as you get down into the details. Tire pressure makes a huge difference surprisingly. Just my $0.02 but what RCE recommends as a baseline makes sense; Camber/Toe: Front 1.5/0 Rear 1.5/0 probably a good starting point.
I'm at 1/32" out (.79mm) front and somewhere between 1/32" and 1/16" in (.79mm - 1.58mm) rear.

We'll see how tire wear is. I don't suspect it will be that bad. This is my daily as well.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #18
2point0

Drives: '13 BRZ Ltd WRB
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Garage
In regards to the crash bolts you guys are talking about...

Is this 1) the 14mm dia. bolt that goes in the top hole for more play or 2) a lobed bolt for the bottom hole?

Thanks.
2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #19
Norkoastal
Never on Time Always Late

Drives: #silenced crickets
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2point0 View Post
In regards to the crash bolts you guys are talking about...

Is this 1) the 14mm dia. bolt that goes in the top hole for more play or 2) a lobed bolt for the bottom hole?

Thanks.
X2
Norkoastal is offline   Reply With Quote