follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #3557
R4PT0R-X

Drives: #899 FR-S '10S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Welcome! ..... I think you have to respond a few times before you can make a new post .... for sure.

humfrz
It works, thanks for taking notice!
R4PT0R-X is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to R4PT0R-X For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-20-2013)
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #3558
robtan
such handling many wow

Drives: '14 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey guys new here and first post. Here is my 2014 Whiteout

looking forward to great discussions and to meet some new friends. Bought this as a nice reliable daily (i came from vw) that could get me back to hpde's.
robtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 AM   #3559
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtan View Post
Congratulations on your new car and welcome, robtan ......

I suggest you check the tire pressures (mine were waaay over pumped) and keep your distance from parking stops ....

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #3560
sc0urge

Drives: 2013 BRZ CBS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robtan View Post

looking forward to great discussions and to meet some new friends. Bought this as a nice reliable daily (i came from vw) that could get me back to hpde's.
Welcome to the forum, neighbor! Nice having another twin on our modest street
sc0urge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:15 AM   #3561
vtmike

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiroku View Post
Welcome to FT86club! Well, you're probably here because you're interested in this car. And that's why I'm here and put up this fansite

Can't wait for this car to go production. 2011 seems way too long away! But hopefully we can all pass that time together by sharing info and discussions until it's finally on the streets.

Be sure to bookmark the homepage blog. I've been a blogger for years so will be updating the blog with any new FT86 developments, info, and news.

Again, welcome and looking forward to chatting with you all.
So the tires and wheels are being sold separately. If so what are you asking for the wheels?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
vtmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #3562
robtan
such handling many wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc0urge View Post
Welcome to the forum, neighbor! Nice having another twin on our modest street
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Congratulations on your new car and welcome, robtan ......

I suggest you check the tire pressures (mine were waaay over pumped) and keep your distance from parking stops ....

humfrz
Thank you both! I will look into it once I hit the track humfrz. Rick we are definitely the coolest cars on the street now.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #3563
frsoldier

Drives: 2011 Mazda3
Well, I suppose this is a good place to start with my first post. I've had my eyes on the fr-s for a few months now. Just had a conditional job offer that will likely get me sitting in one in the not too distant future. The sooner the better, I'm driving my wife crazy talking about it... I'm in Howard county MD. looking forward to joining your ranks oh, and it's either whiteout or firestorm.

Thanks for such an abundance of info here on your site!
frsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to frsoldier For This Useful Post:
Adam_L (03-13-2017)
Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #3564
Asinar

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Firestorm
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsoldier View Post
Well, I suppose this is a good place to start with my first post. I've had my eyes on the fr-s for a few months now. Just had a conditional job offer that will likely get me sitting in one in the not too distant future. The sooner the better, I'm driving my wife crazy talking about it... I'm in Howard county MD. looking forward to joining your ranks oh, and it's either whiteout or firestorm.

Thanks for such an abundance of info here on your site!
Be sure to stop by the Mid-Atlantic section and say Hi!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #3565
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by frsoldier View Post
.......... I'm driving my wife crazy talking about it... it's either whiteout or firestorm......
If you pick the firestorm color, and they have a whiteout on the lot, ...... don't take your wife along to make the purchase ...... they (at least mine) really like the whiteout color ....... (I reckon you can guess how I know) .....

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:08 PM   #3566
blackjak

Drives: 07 Tundra 5.7, 13 Asphalt FRS
what up?

Checking in from Lilburn GA/ Statesboro GA. Picked up My Asphalt FRS last week and retired my truck as the DD.

blackjak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackjak For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-23-2013)
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #3567
SnyperSuicide

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Garage
Howdy. Just joined a few days ago. I've had my Ultramarine FR-S for a month and 2 days now. Aaaand... Yeah. Just wanted to say hi. =)
SnyperSuicide is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnyperSuicide For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-24-2013)
Old 09-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #3568
robtan
such handling many wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyperSuicide View Post
Howdy. Just joined a few days ago. I've had my Ultramarine FR-S for a month and 2 days now. Aaaand... Yeah. Just wanted to say hi. =)
Welcome fellow cali resident!
Old 09-25-2013, 02:54 AM   #3569
Ammunition

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Hello all - I have been lurking here for a long time now, soaking up a lot of great information and admiring a lot of beautiful cars.

I am so glad that I can finally come out and say that I'm now a proud owner of this fantastic car! My car arrived at the dealership this Friday, September 20, and I drove her home that evening.

So far, the car has been everything that I had hoped it would be and more. I cannot express how happy I am to be making this post. I have both loved and admired this car for a long time now, and it took a lot of planning, saving, hard work, and determination to achieve this goal.

Honestly, throughout most of it, I remained hopeful, but I wasn't convinced that it would happen. I am a student right now, so the payments will be a challenge, but I can manage it. There are things that I had to or will have to give up for it, but it is worth it to me.

The ride is pure joy, and I definitely drive this car differently than how I drove my '04 Carolla; although I am a defensive driver, I was a bit aggressive in that car, and I felt like I pulled off a lot of stuff while driving in that car that reflected the confidence I had in my driving capabilities, but I'm sure that that style might have annoyed, or upset a few people on occasion. In my FR-S, it's all about enjoying the ride and making sure that the car is safe - I ignore, or move over for aggressive drivers that, in retrospect, I used to let influence my driving - although I do have a bit of fun in it too .

This is probably getting a little long for an introduction post, so feel free to skip to the pictures; it all started last month in August when I began visiting dealerships to get a bit of information. I just wanted to take a look at the car and maybe get a chance to test drive it.

Because I am not that tall, I did have some apprehension about being able to drive it comfortably, but after test driving the FR-S, I knew it was the perfect fit for me, and my feelings about it were unshakable - this was my dream car.

I had my heart set on asphalt with an automatic transmission, but since production was about to start for the 2014 model, I quickly found out that it would be very difficult to locate a car with my specifications (asphalt, AT, no spoiler). I was discouraged at first - it felt like now that I was so close to, and ready to purchase the car, I wasn't able to get the one I wanted. It was further discouraging to me, being that this was my fist experience purchasing a new car, when the dealership I visited initially wasn't interested in trying to locate a 2013 for me with my desired specifications unless I was committed to buying it.

To make a long story short(er), I headed over to another dealership, and the folks there were extremely helpful and encouraging; I found out that there would be a very minimal, if any, price increase for the upcoming 2014 model, and because it was still earlier in August, there was time for them to alter the specifications of the first 2014 they had coming into the dealership (which they anticipated arriving in late September). I put a $500 deposit down for that one, and they ensured me that it would be to my request (asphalt, AT, no spoiler, no front plate).

Fast forward to last Friday, and I picked her up with 10 miles on the odometer after they got her all cleaned up and taken care of .

I cannot thank the people on this forum enough for all of the information, advice, and anecdotes that have helped prepare me for purchasing, and taking care of my FR-S. She'll probably be all stock for awhile, given my financial situation, but I think she is perfect . I'll probably have her tinted once I find a good place to get it done - slightly longer term modifications would include a set of wheels, and a solid dash cam.

I do like the knee pads, although I do feel that the one on the door is prone to getting scuffed if you're not careful when entering or exiting. I also like the touch screen a lot, but I'm coming from a previous car where if I wanted to play my music while driving, it had to be coming out of the speakers on my iPhone, so I am uncertain if others will be as excited about it as I am .

Although asphalt was my first choice for the color, I began to have some regrets after I put the deposit down. Argento was my second choice, and I worried that the black accent on the side mirrors (which I like) wouldn't look good with a color that couldn't be differentiated from it very well. After seeing her when she arrived at the dealership, I had absolutely no regrets on sticking with asphalt. The color is gorgeous, plus it has that batmobile look to it .

Now, without further ado...

My 2014 asphalt FR-S [AT] - I think she might be the first 2014 asphalt in the greater Portland area . I apologize for the image quality, as these were all taken with my iPhone. Pictures absolutely cannot do this car (and the color) justice!

Last edited by Ammunition; 09-25-2013 at 03:56 AM.
Ammunition is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ammunition For This Useful Post:
CoolBReeZe (09-25-2013)
Old 09-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #3570
CoolBReeZe
Canyon Carver

Drives: 2013 CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Congratulations on your purchase.

You're obviously very enthusiastic and looking forward to many happy hours behind the wheel.

I can assure you that you'll have plenty of smiles as you add the miles.

Now ... get out and DRIVE!
'13 Crystal Black Silica BRZ Limited 6MT | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Limo tint | WeatherTech mats & cargo liner | LEDs replace incandescents | Rydeen backup camera | LED mirror covers | smoke side markers | cQuartz Finest nano paint protection | full front clear bra | stubby antenna | Euro armrest | Grimmspeed hood struts, MC brace
CoolBReeZe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo