follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #309
jonnyquest

Drives: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
my question is is this crazy mark up pushing you away form the BRZ? I went to Southern Oregon Subaru this last weekend and he said that the car is going for over retail. I just looked at him. He kept trying to tell me all the stuff he "knows" about the car. I'm not an idiot, I will not pay $1 more than MSRP. I honestly like the BRZ better than the FRS but i will not allow myself to get raped. I will eather wait for a "good" deal on a BRZ or just go with an FRS.
jonnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #310
Jayde

Drives: 2013 Satin White Pearl BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyquest View Post
my question is is this crazy mark up pushing you away form the BRZ? I went to Southern Oregon Subaru this last weekend and he said that the car is going for over retail. I just looked at him. He kept trying to tell me all the stuff he "knows" about the car. I'm not an idiot, I will not pay $1 more than MSRP. I honestly like the BRZ better than the FRS but i will not allow myself to get raped. I will eather wait for a "good" deal on a BRZ or just go with an FRS.
If the price has been marked up over MSRP, I won't buy the car either. If you have to, try talking to a few dealers that aren't as local to you to see if you can get the car from them at MSRP.
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #311
Chee-Hu

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm not paying anything over MSRP for one. I'm fortunate to have my quote in an email from my salesman just in case he pulls a fast one on me
Chee-Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #312
Mavrik

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
The problem is (and I'm not about to read all 15 pages to see if this was touched on...) the dealership knows this is a money making car.

If last thursday when my car showed up, had I walked in and went "Oh HELL NO am I paying that!" and called the deal off. The dealership would have sold it to someone else standing in that show room that very moment at the price they would have asked.

Lucky for me I work at a large dealership that owns a Subaru dealership. I paid employee with no hassels or mark up. No fast ones on me at time of paper signing.

But anyone else walking to walk, the dealership probably won't care. They will get their asking price from someone.
Mavrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:05 PM   #313
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrik View Post
But anyone else walking to walk, the dealership probably won't care. They will get their asking price from someone.
That's the worst part of this markup bullshit.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:58 AM   #314
jonnyquest

Drives: 1999 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde View Post
If the price has been marked up over MSRP, I won't buy the car either. If you have to, try talking to a few dealers that aren't as local to you to see if you can get the car from them at MSRP.
Good call, I just looked at blue FRS and I gotta say the car is absolutley stunning in real life. I had my doubts about the Scion. I thought it'd look cheap. It doesn't. I think i might just go with the Scion just because its more available and cheaper. I'm still going to wait and see if I can get a BRZ first.
jonnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #315
Jayde

Quote:
Good call, I just looked at blue FRS and I gotta say the car is absolutley stunning in real life. I had my doubts about the Scion. I thought it'd look cheap. It doesn't. I think i might just go with the Scion just because its more available and cheaper. I'm still going to wait and see if I can get a BRZ first.
Judging from what I've been seeing in terms of the way Scion has been treating their customers, you might have a hard time finding a car that doesn't options added to it that you don't want. But then again you might get lucky.

Good luck!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 AM   #316
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justaquestion View Post
And now the sales rep is telling me that most dealerships in our area are marking them up 5k. I just test drove one the other night that was 167 dollars above MSRP. I told him to send me an inventory link to a dealership with a 5k markup within 100 miles of us... lol.

I hate when dealerships say this. Like they think we havn't shopped around and dont know what these cars have been selling for?!
Tbxgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 AM   #317
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbxgz View Post

I hate when dealerships say this. Like they think we havn't shopped around and dont know what these cars have been selling for?!
They can probably get away with it some of the time which is why they do it. If someone hasn't shopped around and just needs something to get from point A to point B and they're not really a car person they're probably going to get hosed by places like this. For enthusiasts it's a bit different.

You can fool some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time. You just can't fool all of the people all of the time.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:09 AM   #318
pdpboss

Drives: 2013 BRZ
I got a call from my dealership: Koepell Subaru. Purchase order clearly says MSRP price but the manager does NOT want to honor the purchase order. Dirtiest scum bag I've ever seen. Is there anything I can do? They told me the day the car arrived. WTF...!!!
pdpboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #319
hapa_kcm

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdpboss View Post
I got a call from my dealership: Koepell Subaru. Purchase order clearly says MSRP price but the manager does NOT want to honor the purchase order. Dirtiest scum bag I've ever seen. Is there anything I can do? They told me the day the car arrived. WTF...!!!
Contact SoA ASAP. If you have it in writing, they should be able to do something.
hapa_kcm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hapa_kcm For This Useful Post:
pdpboss (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 02:50 AM   #320
Jayde

Quote:
You'd be amazed what SoA can do. How much are they marking it up?

I'm sorry they did this.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:54 AM   #321
hapa_kcm

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
This is the straight SoA response I got. File complaints!!!!

Thank you for your messages to Subaru of America, Inc. *We are sorry to learn of the difficulties you are having regarding the delivery of a new Subaru BRZ. *When I spoke to Rick on Wednesday, he advised that he is not able to sell the BRZ that they have in inventory at MSRP. *He advised it is equipped with too many accessories and that is why the cost is higher. *Rick did say that he would be able to get another vehicle for you at a later date. **Please understand, once the dealer purchases the vehicles from Subaru of America, Inc., the dealer is able to price the vehicle at whatever cost they wish, we are unable to intervene. *Without something in writing regarding your agreement we do not have anything to work with. *I realize this is not the answer you anticipated and trust you will understand our position in this matter. *Sincerely, Judy York, CDS E-Mail Representative, Subaru of America, Inc.
hapa_kcm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hapa_kcm For This Useful Post:
pdpboss (06-02-2012)
Old 06-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #322
Deslock

Drives: 2013 DZE/01 (sold for MX5 ND1)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
  1. Which of these documents do you have?:
    1. Signed sales contract
    2. Purchase order with your name on it
    3. Purchase order without your name on it
  2. Did you leave a deposit?
Deslock is offline   Reply With Quote