follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-08-2014, 03:44 PM   #5573
Oakhenshield

Drives: ahh its blue?
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
sup guys!
im new to this forum and i just got my '14 FRS 2 weeks ago such a nice car
every thing is stock though im waiting til i get a 1000 miles before i start modding
Oakhenshield is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oakhenshield For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (09-16-2014)
Old 09-08-2014, 07:55 PM   #5574
SquirrelyFRS

Drives: 2015 White Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How's it going
Got my 2015 Halo White FRS stick shift bout 2 weeks ago and having a blast haha.
Such a sick car. So far got windows tinted an just plasti dipped the face of the rims cause i just wasn't feeling the silver. Can't wait to see ppl on the road an give that head nod haha.
SquirrelyFRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #5575
TE51

Drives: 1978 Corolla
Hey guys, new here but been lurking for a few months. I don't currently have an FRS but will be getting one within the next three months and I'm pretty stoked to get it.

Currently own a 1978 Corolla
TE51 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TE51 For This Useful Post:
Lonewolf (09-16-2014), NWFRS (09-12-2014)
Old 09-09-2014, 10:42 PM   #5576
oldeskewltoy
dedicated enthusiast

Drives: Surreptitious(AE71), & Grunt(AE95)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TE51 View Post
Hey guys, new here but been lurking for a few months. I don't currently have an FRS but will be getting one within the next three months and I'm pretty stoked to get it.

Currently own a 1978 Corolla
very nice TE51 coupe! Assume it is TC powered?
Old 09-10-2014, 03:15 PM   #5577
TE51

Drives: 1978 Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldeskewltoy View Post
very nice TE51 coupe! Assume it is TC powered?
Thank you! It's actually 3TGTE powered
TE51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #5578
mweidner311

Drives: N/A
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodzillaC View Post
Hi Folks! I live in Reading, PA and am in the process (Fingers Crossed) of getting an FR-S RS1. I had a 1988 Mk1 MR2 and still have a 1991 Mk2 MR2 Turbo in my garage that I hope to get back on the road one day. Glad to be coming back to the "Toyota" fold. Can anyone point me in the direction of deciphering the 2 letter codes for the FR-S options? i.e. AS = All Season Tires, etc. Trying to specifically find out what EL and HR are. Thanks in advance for the help!
Welcome!

Looks like speed rating to me but theyre usually just one letter H or R

Never seen EL before possibly DOT information
mweidner311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 PM   #5579
unwtdhero

Drives: '14 Frs/ '89 240sx vqswap
Hey

Im Logan
Just bought my frs '14 a month ago.
Been lurking
Im also on zilvia, same user name

Here she is
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to unwtdhero For This Useful Post:
NWFRS (09-12-2014)
Old 09-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #5580
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,133 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Hey all!

Hakeem here from Arizona. Glad to finally join I got my 2013 Hot Lava FR-S in November of 2012, feels like forever now, but she is definitely a keeper...sadly she has an automatic tranny, one of the many disappointing "compromises" from once being married, haha.. While I would love to have one with a MT the automatic actually has proved to be very enjoyable especially since it is my DD and I am on the road commuting for at least an hour a day.

I have only owned 4 cyl Japanese coupes, had a 240SX, CRX, MR2 and Celica GT, so when the FR-S/BRZ was announced I immediately knew I wanted one and boy, I have not been disappointed at all, I love everything about the car. Looking to pay the FR-S off hopefully soon and just keep it for my son when he turns 16 one day and then work my ass off to get the new Supra/FT1 if it ever comes out.

My car is completely stock right now, I was considering modding it a bit, maybe adding a supercharger, but now that I'm divorced, I'm slightly torn about trying to get one with a MT, but I don't think financially that would make sense since my baby has 30,000 miles already and I do want to work towards that Supra one day :p the automatic has been surprisingly really nice, shifts are crisp and quick and while the gearing is a little longer than the set on the MT it isn't too noticeable. I’ll hope to collaborate and learn as much as I can on this forum about the AT for the FR-S to see what I will be able to accomplish.
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #5581
UtahSleeper

Drives: 80 Corolla 88 Celica Alltrac 13 FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Registered and don't own an FR-S..........yet. When I do get one it will be Hot Lava.

I currently own an ST165(Alltrac) and a TE72(Corolla) as my main toys. Finally registered cause I lurk alot here and may not make it much longer on avoiding owning a new car lol.
UtahSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:47 PM   #5582
M23
Banned

Drives: 86
Hello everybody,

First post here. I guess this is my intro.

I don't have an 86 yet; but I am saving for one and am going to sell my current car for one hopefully soon (a Prerunner, which I can get maybe around $10-11k for and is going to be good money towards the 86).

I have been deeply and intensively researching the 86 for the past 2 years. I really want one and love it. It will be my only car, my DD and I am also very interested in going to the track (I am a n00b and have never tracked a car yet on a closed circuit road coarse; but I am super interested in doing so).

I haven't been into "car" cars since 2001-2002, mainly because I've had a boring truck since then and thought I have drifted away from car hobby for good when I bought my truck. But, with the new 86's introduction recently, that magnificent car resurrected my car interest again after a long 10+ year hiatus lol.

I used to be on jdm honda forums and also zilvia forums in the 90s. Back then I had an EG with ls vtec and also an S13 hatch with sr20det.

Anyways, enough about me, lol. Glad to be on board and can't wait to finally get an 86!
M23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:40 AM   #5583
Tycocentrouz

Drives: 2014 GT86 WhiteOut
Hi! Greetings all the way from Brunei!
Tycocentrouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM   #5584
Parappa

Drives: Scion FR-S White Out
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Welcome to the club, The 86 does have that quality to lure someone back to car life. I had absolutely no more interest in cars to the point I owned a Honda element. (Still as great car...something said for being care free) Then ultimately stopped driving for 6 years entirely. That changed when I saw the FRS parked at a dealership the first time. My first reaction was...that is going to be my next car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M23 View Post
Hello everybody,

First post here. I guess this is my intro.

I don't have an 86 yet; but I am saving for one and am going to sell my current car for one hopefully soon (a Prerunner, which I can get maybe around $10-11k for and is going to be good money towards the 86).

I have been deeply and intensively researching the 86 for the past 2 years. I really want one and love it. It will be my only car, my DD and I am also very interested in going to the track (I am a n00b and have never tracked a car yet on a closed circuit road coarse; but I am super interested in doing so).

I haven't been into "car" cars since 2001-2002, mainly because I've had a boring truck since then and thought I have drifted away from car hobby for good when I bought my truck. But, with the new 86's introduction recently, that magnificent car resurrected my car interest again after a long 10+ year hiatus lol.

I used to be on jdm honda forums and also zilvia forums in the 90s. Back then I had an EG with ls vtec and also an S13 hatch with sr20det.

Anyways, enough about me, lol. Glad to be on board and can't wait to finally get an 86!
Parappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #5585
fatalelement

Drives: 2015 FR-S (Halo)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
Hey all!

Hakeem here from Arizona. Glad to finally join I got my 2013 Hot Lava FR-S in November of 2012, feels like forever now, but she is definitely a keeper...sadly she has an automatic tranny, one of the many disappointing "compromises" from once being married, haha.. While I would love to have one with a MT the automatic actually has proved to be very enjoyable especially since it is my DD and I am on the road commuting for at least an hour a day.

I have only owned 4 cyl Japanese coupes, had a 240SX, CRX, MR2 and Celica GT, so when the FR-S/BRZ was announced I immediately knew I wanted one and boy, I have not been disappointed at all, I love everything about the car. Looking to pay the FR-S off hopefully soon and just keep it for my son when he turns 16 one day and then work my ass off to get the new Supra/FT1 if it ever comes out.

My car is completely stock right now, I was considering modding it a bit, maybe adding a supercharger, but now that I'm divorced, I'm slightly torn about trying to get one with a MT, but I don't think financially that would make sense since my baby has 30,000 miles already and I do want to work towards that Supra one day :p the automatic has been surprisingly really nice, shifts are crisp and quick and while the gearing is a little longer than the set on the MT it isn't too noticeable. I’ll hope to collaborate and learn as much as I can on this forum about the AT for the FR-S to see what I will be able to accomplish.
I feel you. I can drive stick fine, but I live in LA and part of my usual commute besides being stop and go is up a sharply graded hill in stop and go. No part of me wants to do that in a manual. Someone told me that's because I "haven't been driving manual long enough", but it was exactly the opposite haha. Not fun enough anymore to make me excited about creeping up hills and inching forward.

I have a 2015 whiteout, been looking for a time to start doing autocross. Also trying to throw a body kit and a wing on it. Love this thing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
fatalelement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 02:51 PM   #5586
NNJA2

Drives: 2013 White FRS Daily driver
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to the community and here to learn more about the platform. i recently bought a 2013 white FRS in auto because my wife made me, i wanted a stick but she said no cuz she doesnt want me modding this car, and she cant drive a stick,but i can't help it!!!!! I needed a daily driver as my normal car is in the shop under construction getting a built motor and trans and will be down for while. My wife fell in love with the FRS after seeing it on a commercial and here we are. i am not new to modding but i am new to this platform and dont know much about boxer motors or this motor to be specific. So of course i am here to learn and have a little bit of fun doing it as well wanting to see what all of you have done to this car. Cheers!

Vu
NNJA2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
6mt, bot. report?, frs, notreally, turbo