follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 04:34 PM   #43
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Alot of tuning company parts companys provide decent parts without trying to countersue those that review them poorly.

Also works definitely uses forums as their accounts have been active just a day or so ago.

Defending them because you know people their personally is tantamount to clearly defending them on their behalf. You also should've had the knowledge to know had you posted enough you would've been able to post a thread.....
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 09:28 PM   #44
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfedbrz View Post
Sorry officer, I’ll go into more details. I joined to ask a question, but by the time I got the approval, it took a while from signing up to get approval, works had gotten back to me so I had no need to ask. Mr Jones has provided his story enough places we all know his side. Being that Pete isn’t a broke kid who couldn’t afford his turbo kit, I trust him a bit more.

I’m done here though. I’ll see you all at the grocery store parking lot meets. Lol. I promise you I’m not Pete, he’s way more awesome than I am.
lol, so the main justification here is that works is better because they have more money? if they're so superior, why did they lose the court case then? if they're better, why did it even have to go to court? and have they actually paid back the court ordered settlement? if they've got money, and the court ordered them to do something, you'd think they'd just do it and wipe their hands of it.

but what do i know, most companies i've dealt with tend to handle things well before it reaches the point of going to court.

you came onto the forum with a bat , and then act surprised when we all grab our riot gear. it's a big forum here, half my posts are bs-ing with others in off topic. i'm mostly here because forums are going away with facebook groups, and the forums i used to take part in are dying. there's an active community of people here, so that's where i'm at too.

interestingly enough, most of the stuff you claimed to have an issue with-- stancing and body kits, is less of an issue here because forums are an old man's game. it's not hard to make friends when you try to be amicable to others.
TachyonBomb (05-14-2019), why? (05-14-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 09:42 PM   #45
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Confirmed...is Pete.

Dude, just stop. You are not helping Works here at all. If they are reading this all go down in here and you really aren't in any way part of their company,
they should have reigned you in by now and asked for you to just remain silent. If you are in fact part of Works, then by all means keep digging that hole.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-11-2019), TachyonBomb (05-14-2019), weederr33 (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 09:56 PM   #46
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
Confirmed...is Pete.

Dude, just stop. You are not helping Works here at all. If they are reading this all go down in here and you really aren't in any way part of their company,
they should have reigned you in by now and asked for you to just remain silent. If you are in fact part of Works, then by all means keep digging that hole.
I have a feeling, even if this guy ends up not being Works' Pete, it will still help OP's argument.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
Impureclient (05-11-2019), soundman98 (05-11-2019), TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 10:05 PM   #47
Impureclient
Banned

Drives: 2015 FR-S
Thanked 2,903 Times in 1,282 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I have a feeling, even if this guy ends up not being Works' Pete, it will still help OP's argument.
TachyonBomb made another account to make Works look like they made the account to defend themselves by making a fake customer account and eventually be called out for it! It's Accountception.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Impureclient For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-11-2019), spike021 (05-12-2019), strat61caster (05-16-2019), Summerwolf (05-14-2019), TachyonBomb (05-14-2019), Tcoat (05-14-2019), tobin (05-12-2019), weederr33 (05-11-2019)
Old 05-11-2019, 11:32 PM   #48
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impureclient View Post
TachyonBomb made another account to make Works look like they made the account to defend themselves by making a fake customer account and eventually be called out for it! It's Accountception.
Of course it will, he's spoken with Peter and the works team long enough to supposedly know some full backstory. That literally means he's friends with them so it's only going to look bad on Works and doesn't help any case.

I actually did like the works turbo kit, it's kind of a different take too and keeps whatever header you have as well as looked OEM, I just didn't like the way they dealt with this guy. Also way back when I purchased my axle-back I was looking into the works ABM and avoided it due to the sound as well as supposed quality issues anyhow. If you're going to post to have people help develop the next gen turbo kit at least follow through and be ready to pay out the owner if something goes bad.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:23 AM   #49
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You really do sound like the "muscle" in sweat pants that peter kang brought with him to the first court date.

Either way this will be fun!!!

Quote:
Didn’t they give you a loaner car? You also seem to leave out the part where you asked them to remove the kit because you were too broke to afford it.
In July 2017 works offered me a loaner car when I dropped off my car.
I declined the loaner car at that moment because works told me it would take 3 months to complete the job. I had a daily car already so I figured it would be a waste of everyone's time and effort.

In Jan 2018 the job was 2-3 months over schedule at this time. My daily was having some issues, it had 300,000 miles on it and it was time to let it go or junk it. I let works know about my car needs so that maybe it could light a fire under them to meet their deadlines because I would be needing my brz back.

In Jan 2018 peter kang responded to me in an email saying that a production version of the turbo kit would be done by the end of Feb 2018. So I decided to just stick out the daily car troubles for one month longer.

In March 2018 I asked works for an update since the Feb completion date had come and gone. They gave me a bunch of excuses and said there were delays again. At this time I said I would like to take them up on the borrowing a car offer if the project was going to take longer than one month from March 2018.

May 2018, 2 months go by and works has ignored my phone calls and emails this whole period. Peter Kang sends me an update which is filled with more excuses and delays. I remind Peter Kang that I requested to borrow a car 2 months ago in my March 2018 email.

June 2018 Peter Kang finally brings me a silver frs to borrow.

July 2018, peter told me of more delays and it was clear that after 12 months this project is never getting done and he has wasted my time. I realized I'm looking foolish letting this go on any longer and I'm making loan/insurance payments for a year on my new brz just to be driving a beat up older frs for 1 month to a guy/shop that was literally full of excuses and at square one 12 months after the project started.

I also have plenty of emails proving all this, along with the 2 months of not answering me back any of my request or questions.

Quote:
I mean he’s just a flat out liar and neglects a lot of facts of the case. I can’t believe he thinks that posting racist memes and crying about an appeal and subsequent cease and desist are a wise idea. I hope he loses just so we can hear more about his sad little life.
Cool story.

Quote:
I’m not the Works account. They have one on here I believe. I’m a customer who has had nothing but positive experiences there and frequent there. I’m familiar with the story and just want to present some facts he left out.
Like I said I have plenty of emails showing that you got lied to by works or told a very edited/skewed version of things.

Quote:
Lol. You’re so certain. I can assure you that I’m not the owner nor am I employed by them. I do love how all of you take the word of one man who is crying all over the internet and then when someone who knows both sides comes in you automatically attack them and try to discredit them.
You apparently don't know both sides. You seem to not even know the full details of the borrowed car situation. Don't be a sheep. My DM's are always open.

Quote:
I stated that I am a customer and know them well. Whatever though. They’re the only game in town if you want a legal turbo kit.
ACTUALLY!!!! No they are not. Because Garrett stopped production of the GT28 turbo that they used in their kit for CARB testing. In another email back in the spring of 2018 works told me about the halt in production and said they will be selling their kits with a different turbo. If they no longer provide the basic old school gt28 turbo with their kits or change any other component of their CARB approved kit, it is no longer CARB legal and it is illegal to sell these changed kits as CARB approved. Sorry to break it to you but there are no longer any new CARB legal works turbo kits. They have to go through new testing and new approval to get anything without the old school gt28 CARB certified.

Quote:
I’ll start from the top, officer.

I created an account in January to message some members about an issue I was having that they also had where the revs weren’t dropping down to idle if the car was in gear and the clutch pressed in. Weird one I know. So I created an account. Fortunately for me Works got back to me, I brought the car in, and they fixed the issue, so I had no need to post.

I don’t care about forums because of things like this, and I find most of these brz groups filled with a bunch of idiots asking about rocket bunny kits and how to stance shit their car, so I forgot about you guys, sorry. Lol. Move on to me finding about this, I heard it from works and had the other side of the story explained to me. It’s as simple as that. I find it funny you think I am Works, because those guys up there don’t really use any forums or anything, but go on with your conspiracies.

I’m headed back up to Works today. I’m bringing them lunch because they’re so awesome.you guys want to meet me up there and maybe you can tell the staff just how bad they are in person?

See ya there.
Door Dashing is an honorable career.

Quote:
To answer the other guy about why I’m here. I’m here because the owner of Works, Pete, is a great guy and goes out of his way to help so many of us. He has done so much to make parts that are needed for our cars as well as the Evo before. I like them, I get along with them, and I don’t like when people spread lies about my friends. So that’s why I’m here.
No lies here, hence all the proof I posted. Since I posted about my experience there have actually been a good amount of people coming out of the woodwork in my DM's and sharing their bad experience with works, with proof for each story.

There is also a few older evo forum threads of customers sharing their bad experiences about works. Do a search on evoM and if you can find archived posts from the long dead "norcalEvo" search around there too.

Quote:
Sorry officer, I’ll go into more details. I joined to ask a question, but by the time I got the approval, it took a while from signing up to get approval, works had gotten back to me so I had no need to ask. Mr Jones has provided his story enough places we all know his side. Being that Pete isn’t a broke kid who couldn’t afford his turbo kit, I trust him a bit more.

I’m done here though. I’ll see you all at the grocery store parking lot meets. Lol. I promise you I’m not Pete, he’s way more awesome than I am.
You do know I prepayed works for the turbo kit 3 months into the 12 month timeline. So I guess I'm a broke "kid", I'll take that as a compliment. I guess it's true when they say Black don't crack lol.

Man you really do sound like that embarrassing sweat pants troll peter kang brought to the original court date to try to intimidate me. Its really uncanny how similar you sound to him.

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496

Last edited by TachyonBomb; 05-14-2019 at 02:25 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TachyonBomb For This Useful Post:
DandoX (05-14-2019), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-15-2019), soundman98 (05-14-2019), weederr33 (05-14-2019), why? (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:13 PM   #50
Joyride86

Drives: 15 FR-S Firestorm MT
Garage
Quote:
Lol. I promise you I’m not Pete, he’s way more awesome than I am.
Who says stuff like this...lol. It's just weird.

You try to diminish the value in others asking you how you received your information. Belittling them by calling them "officer" like they're interrogating you. They simply are asking you to back up your statements. You sound like an ass when the isn't any reason to be.

If you have additional information that we haven't been made aware of, state your case so we can look at it objectively. Also, in your opinion what did the court get wrong in the initial ruling then? Did you present the information you have in a clear logical manner to them? At this time, in a court of law, it looks like they decide in favor of the OP.
Diode Dynamics Tail as Turn, LEDs, HIDs | Yospeed Custom Plaque and Frame | Suntek Carbon Tint | Spyder Smoked Side Markers | GrimmSpeed License Plate Relocator and Hood Struts | Five:AD Spoiler | JDM Armrest | Beat-Sonic Backup Cam | Moddiction Anvil 2 | Invidia N2 |
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Joyride86 For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-15-2019), soundman98 (05-14-2019), TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:56 PM   #51
HyE

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Turbo
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
ACTUALLY!!!! No they are not. Because Garrett stopped production of the GT25 turbo that they used in their kit for CARB testing. In another email back in the spring of 2018 works told me about the halt in production and said they will be selling their kits with a different turbo. If they no longer provide the basic old school gt25 turbo with their kits or change any other component of their CARB approved kit, it is no longer CARB legal and it is illegal to sell these changed kits as CARB approved. Sorry to break it to you but there are no longer any new CARB legal works turbo kits. They have to go through new testing and new approval to get anything without the old school gt25 CARB certified.
Don't mean to come in like a wrecking ball, but I believe Works actually uses a Garrett GT28 turbo. It's what they advertise and I looked it up under their EO and it says GT28 as well.
'20 Corolla Hybrid
The Following User Says Thank You to HyE For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 01:58 PM   #52
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
I've always gotten a kick out of performance shop groupies. They don't have enough knowledge to bolt on their own header yet they come on forums like this and accuse others of being idiots. I actually find this forum more technical than many others.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
DandoX (05-14-2019), FRSBRZGT86FAN (05-15-2019), JeremyR (05-14-2019), soundman98 (05-14-2019), strat61caster (05-16-2019), TachyonBomb (05-14-2019), Thedishdoc (07-17-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 02:24 PM   #53
TachyonBomb

Drives: 06 Evo GSR SE, 17 Series Yellow BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyE View Post
Don't mean to come in like a wrecking ball, but I believe Works actually uses a Garrett GT28 turbo. It's what they advertise and I looked it up under their EO and it says GT28 as well.
Sorry, correction it was the basic gt28 non-ball bearing which according to works in an email of mine is having its production halted indefinitely. Just replace all the gt25's with gt28's.

You can always give Garrett a call to confirm as well. I haven't double checked with them to see if the info checks out.

Follow what happened here: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showt...96#post3213496
Old 05-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #54
DandoX
Senior gif poster

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonBomb View Post
Man you really do sound like that embarrassing sweat pants troll peter kang brought to the original court date to try to intimidate me. Its really uncanny how similar you sound to him.
Keep us updated man, I'm pulling for you. Your patience should be commended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride86 View Post
it looks like they decide in favor of the OP.
The Following User Says Thank You to DandoX For This Useful Post:
TachyonBomb (05-15-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 08:55 PM   #55
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,672 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
it's like kicking a gerbil. it's not a very nice thing to do, but it makes a cool sound as it flies through the air.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:32 PM   #56
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
it's like kicking a gerbil. it's not a very nice thing to do, but it makes a cool sound as it flies through the air.
Welcome to the gerbil kicking group, fam.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-14-2019)

Closed Thread