follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
BPAuto

Drives: GT-R, S2000, Evo VIII-X, BRZ, FRS+
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
***Hump day bump!!***

As promised, we have photos to share with you all!

In this post, I present to you SEMA builds by Rocket Bunny from none other than the great Miura-San!

Over the past couple of years, Miura-San has produced the iconic Rocket Bunny kits for many cars including our beloved 86, but this year Rocket Bunny went a step further.

To start things off with a bang, here is a photo of the highly anticipated Rocket Bunny Nissan S15. Although many of us here in the U.S. can only dream of owning a legit JDM S15, it’s really awesome to see this kit come to life after many months of only seeing rendering of this beautiful aero kit!

Next up, we have a few great Mazda FD RX-7’s in line for you...

The first one is a Rocket Bunny FD3S sitting pretty right outside of the Las Vegas Convention Center.

The second one we have is another FD3S RX-7 with the new Volk ZE40 in matte blue gunmetal.

The last one is one of our personal favorites Rocket Bunny FD3S RX-7’s equipped with the new Enkei 6666 wheels wrapped with Nitto NT01.

Here we have a couple of Godzilla’s (GT-R) and it’s definitely great seeing each owner respectively modifying their Rocket Bunny GT-R’s to their personal preferences!

This one here is the Greddy X Garrett X Nitto Tire X Rocket Bunny GT-R. This thing is beastly!

Next we have our awesome customer’s Rocket Bunny X Overtake International X Customize GT-R. You might recognize this amazing build as it was white not too long ago! Including the Rocket Bunny fenders, it also has an Overtake front bumper and beautiful custom GT3 inspired side skirts with side pipes.

Last but not least, we got the chance to see the CLK fitted with the Sarto Racing X Rocket Bunny kit and photos just doesn’t do this build justice! The Sarto Racing CLK Wide-Body kit was a collaboration between Sarto Racing and Kei Miura.

More coverage to come so sit tight … This is just scratching the surface!

Best,
Bulletproof Automotive Team
Old 11-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #16
BPAuto

**Hey guys, happy Friday everybody! We've got some more great SEMA stuff for you here today!!**

We were able to shoot a few random builds as we made our way through the convention center at SEMA. In no particular order, I present to you some randomness at SEMA 2014

I wanted to start this post off with something special. This year we were introduced to a monster of a production car. Nissan unveiled the Nismo Edition R35 GTR. This this is an all out assault on all the senses. It looks great, handle superbly, sounds beastly, and has enough power to put most production cars to shame. With a limited quantity of these made, this Nismo GTR is totally on another level.

We couldn't leave out the GTR's little brother. Nissan is also in the process of unveiling the new 2015 Nismo Edition 370Z!! For all you Z heads out there, this is going to be quite the little surprise and will hopefully live up to the hype. It's looking good so far.

Here we have one of the handful of awesome Liberty Walk BMW's. These always turn out clean.

While we're on the topic of Liberty Walk, lets just show some more from them in these next few entries. Here is another gorgeous Liberty Walk BMW. This one was one of my personal faves.

We couldn't talk about Liberty Walk this year withouth saying something about the new Lamborghini Aventador Liberty Walk Wide Body. Another new addition to the LB lineup.

Remember that new Liberty Walk 911 997 Wide Body we showed you earlier? Well here it is in the new orange color that they chose for SEMA. Definitely an amazing kit... enough to rival RWB?... Well we'll leave that up to you guys

How about this Liberty Walk GTR? This is one of our local guys that we know. This Liberty Walk GTR is something special. With AirRex air ride suspension and some super deep dish custom BBS wheels, this GTR is clean, slammed GTR.

Buddy Club brought out there sick FRS fitted with the AIMGAIN wide body kit. This is probably one of the most underrated yet gorgeous wide body kits out there.

Being the exclusive Varis importer and distributor in North America, we're always happy to see Varis products on some of the cars in the U.S. Here we have a nicely built GRB Impreza with the Varis wide body kit. Very nicely done...

I know we had our own Varis wide body FRS last year, but we can never get enough of this kit. Here's a nicely built FRS sporting the Varis wide body kit. Brings back good memories

Mackin Industries and wheel made products brought out their ever evolving Varis wide body Evo X. With limitless amount of wheels at their ready, the can change the look of their Evo for every mood of the day.

We were on the Rocket Bunny kick in our previous post so why not just keep going. Here is the highly anticipated, high controversial Rocket Bunny wide body NSX. It's a wonderful looking kit but if you had a mint NSX would you cut up the fenders for this kit?...

We've got more photos and content to show you coming up so make sure to come back and check it out!!
Old 11-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #17
BPAuto

*** Monday BUMP!***

Hey Everyone! We hope you guys had a great weekend!

Here is some more coverage from SEMA 2014. There is so much to cover still so let’s get to it!

Carbon, carbon, carbon! You want it? We’ve got it! Here is our Dry Carbon Bulletproof Automotive GT-R SPL (Street Premium Lightweight) demo car. It debuted at the Motul booth last week and we couldn’t be happier with the outcome.

This is a closer look of our Bulletproof Automotive custom Frozen Carbon Advan GT

And here is an amazing shot of the motor with the Overtake International Titanium Plenum and titanium hardware detailing throughout the engine bay.

This year, Lexus hit SEMA hard with the debut of their RS-F and RC-F builds.
I present to you, the Greddy Lexus RS-F

…And the Rocket Bunny RC-F.

Here is another look of one our cars that debuted at SEMA. The Tesla Model S - Unplugged Performance Front Fascia.

This is the new BMW M4 sporting some new Ray’s Volk ZE40 wheel in bronze.

Last but not least, we know this isn't JDM but we had to share this one. This is Ken Block's new 1965 Ford Mustang Hoonicorn RTR with 845hp and a custom setup All Wheel Drive system. This car is sure to tear up any and all roads in Ken’s next Gymkhana 7 video. We'll be sure to keep an eye out for that one.

We have a ton of more photos to come so stay tuned!

Best,
Bulletproof Automotive Team
Old 11-10-2014, 09:16 PM   #18
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'm getting old. I'm not even old but this thread makes me feel old.

I look at every picture posted and only like 2 of them don't make eyes bleed. Nobody makes good looking cars anymore.. there's no *art* to it. They all look like they were designed with software by other robots for the purpose of killing organic things. I guess that look appeals to some (or many I suppose) but to me, it's far from the beautiful sports I remember from yesteryear. Where's the gorgeous lines, the curves the analog human touch? Goddamn I'm old.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!
Rampage (11-21-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 05:28 PM   #19
BPAuto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_classic View Post
I'm getting old. I'm not even old but this thread makes me feel old.

I look at every picture posted and only like 2 of them don't make eyes bleed. Nobody makes good looking cars anymore.. there's no *art* to it. They all look like they were designed with software by other robots for the purpose of killing organic things. I guess that look appeals to some (or many I suppose) but to me, it's far from the beautiful sports I remember from yesteryear. Where's the gorgeous lines, the curves the analog human touch? Goddamn I'm old.

Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

The times are changing! Like fashion, styles come and go so hopefully they'll bring back some of the old school too
Old 11-12-2014, 02:59 PM   #20
BPAuto

*** HUMP DAY Bump! ***

Hey Guys,

Today’s post is going to be mostly focused on drift cars for our drift enthusiast here. Personally, drifting is probably the one of the most exciting motorsports there is. It’s always got me sitting at the edge of my seat! Let’s get to it…

First off, here is Daigo Saito’s completely new chassis for the 2015 Formula Drift season. Daigo’s always been known to psych other drivers off the line with his mad JDM driving skills but I think he’s coming back for the crown as champion in 2015 with a Nissan GTR. We also heard that he’ll be running crazy tire specs!

Robbie Nishida, Daigo’s teammate, is also running a new Infiniti G37 for the 2015 Formula Drift Season. I guess both teammates decided to change things up a bit!

Vaughn Gittin Jr, also known as “J-R” debuted his brand new 2015 Ford Mustang RTR Spec V at SEMA and as he’s well-known for winning championships in his previous Mustangs, he too will try to reclaim the throne in his brand new Mustang next season!

Debuting his new livery for Formula Drift 2015 in the Enkei booth, Nate Hamilton’s Nissan 240sx S13.4.

Chelsea Denofa also displayed his BMW E46 in the BC Racing booth.

Speaking of BC racing, here’s a look at the NSX they debuted in their booth as well!

More photos to come so sit tight!

-Bulletproof Automotive Team

Last edited by BPAuto; 11-26-2014 at 05:40 PM. Reason: resize image
Old 11-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #21
BPAuto

*** Thursday BUMP! ***

One more day before the weekend, YAY!

Continuing on with some more great coverage from SEMA 2014, I have some pretty crazy cars to share with you all today.

Let’s begin with this crazy monstrous Camry, or unofficially named the “Greatest Sleeper Of All Time” (as quoted from SpeedHunters). On the outside, this 2015 Toyota Camry XSE looks just like every other Toyota Camry out there but on the inside… the shell of the car hides a custom-built drag chassis that is based on the Toyota Tundra that is filled with a ton of engine upgrades, TRD super charger as well as a nitrous system. This “sleeper” monster has over 850HP and is predicted to be a 9-second car on the quarter mile.

Next, the Toyota FT1 concept also displayed at SEMA. We can’t wait for the concept to turn into a reality and hopefully it will happen soon!

The DTM racing series is only in Europe and it’s pretty rare for us here in the states to actually see a DTM race car in the flesh but this year, Akrapovic displayed the DTM Championship BMW M4. This race car looks insane!

I think that’s enough craziness for today’s post!

Stay tuned for more coverage.

The Following User Says Thank You to BPAuto For This Useful Post:
Superhatch (11-13-2014)
Old 11-14-2014, 06:25 PM   #22
BPAuto

*** FRIDAY BUMP!!***

Hey Everyone!

I’ve got some more awesome coverage from SEMA 2014 just for you guys!

SEMA 2014 seemed to be the biggest year for Liberty Walk so far. They had quite a few cars display at SEMA 2014 in various booths all throughout the show.

Jumping in first, here is the Liberty Walk Lamborghini Aventador in the Forgiato booth. Photos do not do this car justice, the size of it is massive and the detailing in this build is amazing.

Next we have the World’s first Liberty Walk Wide Body BMW 4 Series. It definitely looks great and we are definitely fans of this kit!

Moving right along, we really like this brushed metal finish look on this Liberty Walk BMW.

Here is another gorgeous red Liberty Walk BMW.

Last but not least, this Porsche 997 was a collaboration between Liberty Walk, BBI Autosport and CSF Cooling. This car was definitely a show stopper!

Not to worry, we have a ton of coverage left so stay tuned! Let us know if there is anything you would like to see in particular and we’ll do our best to get those images posted for you!

The Following User Says Thank You to BPAuto For This Useful Post:
Pat (11-15-2014)
Old 11-17-2014, 06:10 PM   #23
BPAuto

*** HAPPY MONDAY BUMP!***

Hey GUYS, we hope you all had a great weekend!

Now back to our continuing SEMA 2014 coverage…

Let’s start by congratulating the Speed Hunters team for taking home 1st place in the 10th Annual Scion Tuner Challenge. Great job guys! The judges had a difficult decision on choosing a winner but Speed Hunters prevailed and took home a well-deserved win!

Check out this Lexus RC-F at the Vossen booth. Its bold, aggressive styling really put this car over the top in the best way possible!

Here is a new 2015 Subaru STI in the Injen booth with iconic white rally wheels.

Next up, here is one of the widest body kits we have ever seen! This is the AeroFlow Dynamics Subaru Impreza WRX STI.

Last but definitely not least, what do you guy think about this RAUH-Welt X Volkswagon Mashup created by Jon Sibal? It has some super wide fenders plus an aggressive wheel fitment.

We’ve still got lots more to cover so stay tuned! Also, don’t be shy and let us know if there is anything specific you would like to see and we’ll try our best to get your request posted!

Old 11-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #24
Levi

Drives: Toyota
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any other GT86 novalties? Doesn't look like there is anything new on the market, except Cosworth.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:18 PM   #25
BPAuto

*** Tuesday bump!***

Hey Everyone!

We have a lot to share with you today and it’s a great mix of everything from Euro to Japanese cars.

First off here is the Lexus NX featuring an Artisan Spirits 5 piece aero kit built by Elite Motorsports.

Next we have a crazy wide-body Smart Car that has two different wheel colors on both sides of the car. What do you guys think about this Smart Car?

Check out the wheel fitment on this Lexus LS400. Built by StanceNation with Aimgain front bumper and side skirts and a new bold blue color for SEMA.

There were differently quite a few Porsche’s at SEMA this year but they all had their own unique mods and looks. This Porsche 997 GT3 by Vollkommen Design and Aero Flow Dynamics, has some crazy wide fenders and looks even more crazy in person!

Here is something that might appeal you guys a little more, here is a look at the new Victory Function Fenders on this FRS with TRD RS 1.0 side skirts.

GMG Racing and Fusion Brakes displayed their Audi R8 with their new carbon ceramic brakes.

Lastly, here is a beautiful Mugen NSX that displayed outside at the Meguiars Car Crazy stage.

More photos to come soon, so hold tight!

Old 11-21-2014, 08:11 PM   #26
BPAuto

Happy Friday, Everyone… it’s finally the weekend!

We have even more SEMA coverage to share with you and will continue to keep posting until we run out of content to share so stay with us if you want to see more amazing builds!

This year seemed to be the year of the wide body on all accounts and the same goes for a lot of SEMA 2014 cars and we couldn’t talk about wide body cars without talking about some GT3 cars!

First, check out this BMW Z4 from H&R springs brought out their timeless GT3 wide body Z4. The rear fender and huge front racing diffuser is crazy looking! And the bright color scheme is definitely very eye catching.

AE (Always Evolving), one of the late/great Paul Walker and Roger Rodas’ endeavors, brought out an insane Nismo GT3 GT-R. This thing looks like it can create some massive amounts of downforce… Just look at those canards and that huge GT3 GT wing! The mint green with black color scheme just works really well together.

Lexus had a successful turn out at this year’s SEMA show. With the rise in popularity of the Lexus RC models, Lexus has brought out a very futuristic version of a Lexus RC-F GT3 concept car. It is absolutely stunning from every angle you look at the car. You can obviously see the added curves and lines to this newer style GT3 car as opposed to the older angular styles that GT cars used to have. The rear center diffuser fins are the biggest we’ve ever seen and the large GT wing looks like it’s from a futuristic space ship. This is one car we’d love to have in our stable!

Here is the Bentley GT3 car which made a grand appearance at this year’s SEMA show. We love the enormous front racing diffuser and the traditional GT3 side skirts with the side exit exhaust… mmhm, sounds a lot like our GT-R. HA!

Finally, here is another look at the Porsche 997 GT3. This Porsche is designed by Vollkommen Design.
Just look at those gorgeous fenders arches in the front and the massive swells in the rear quarter panel. The lines are perfect in every way. You just can’t think of GT racing without thinking of Porsche’s!

Stay tuned for more coverage!

Old 11-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #27
BPAuto

Happy early THANKSGIVING everyone!

I know that we've been posting a lot of coverage lately, but not enough of our beloved 86.
So without further ado, here’s a post dedicated to the 86...

As the exclusive distributor and importer of Varis, we always love seeing Varis parts on other builds. Here is an awesome Varis Arising II BRZ from the East Coast.

Formerly, bright blue with green accents, this Rocket Bunny Version II BRZ got a new makeover with an even brighter green vinyl wrap!

Speaking of Rocket Bunny, here is one of the most aggressive looking Hot Lava Rocket Bunny FRS’ rolling through the streets.

This beautiful deep red colored Rocket Bunny Version 2 has two different sets of wheels on both sides of the car.

Here is a look at the Scion FR-S Targa Top in bright baby blue. What do you guys think about the targa top? Would you buy it?

Lastly, here is Stance Nation’s Aimgain FR-S debuted in Vortech Supercharger’s booth.

We’ve got more to come so stay with us if you want more coverage of SEMA 2014!

**BLACK FRIDAY ALERT** If you call in on Friday 11/28, we have some special promotions going on and will only be available through calling in (213) 745-6954 .

We want to wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with great memories and even better food!

-Bulletproof Automotive
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BPAuto For This Useful Post:
Levi (11-27-2014), Lonewolf (11-27-2014)

Closed Thread