follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-26-2015, 02:22 AM   #57
gms

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
So i picked one of these up. Got it for the weekend to have time to install. Header looks nice, got it with the cat. Install went fine except the time I wasted with the stock heat shields. Used a crows foot for the middle nuts, couldn't get a socket on them.
Couple of notes.
1. It does NOT fit the stock heat shields. I asked this specifically because I saw mention of it probably in this thread. They told me they would fit after I specifically asked again. Not even close. Wasted my time testing that, going to have to have a chat with the afe guys on that one. They thinking of the skid plate? I feel a little misled. Might have gotten a coated header instead.

Thanks for sharing this, that will save me a lot of time...
But it sucks!!!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk
gms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:24 PM   #58
aFe POWER

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
So i picked one of these up. Got it for the weekend to have time to install. Header looks nice, got it with the cat. Install went fine except the time I wasted with the stock heat shields. Used a crows foot for the middle nuts, couldn't get a socket on them.
Couple of notes.
1. It does NOT fit the stock heat shields. I asked this specifically because I saw mention of it probably in this thread. They told me they would fit after I specifically asked again. Not even close. Wasted my time testing that, going to have to have a chat with the afe guys on that one. They thinking of the skid plate? I feel a little misled. Might have gotten a coated header instead.
2. Front O2 sensor cable ends up a little short. There are two stock cable tie mounts, had to leave one off to keep the cable from being pulled too tight. The rear ends up longer than necessary, but both are ok.
3. Sound. I still have the under tray off so I could drive it and then retorque the fasteners. To me sounds pretty much stock, that's what I wanted. Driving around with the windows down I hear a little more noise but the skid plate is off still.
4. Performance. I have an oft. Also just put in an afe dry panel filter at the same time. Stock otherwise. Running stage 2 93 el tune. Wanted to reduce the torque dip mainly, and I am happy with the end result so far. No dyno, just feel so far. Engine feels much more linear.

Well after I recieved your PM, I went to do some further digging myself. I apologize for the misinformation. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication among the team, and I was told differently. I went straight to the fabricator, and he confirmed to me the covers do not fit.

Last edited by aFe POWER; 05-26-2015 at 07:24 PM.
aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aFe POWER For This Useful Post:
Bonburner (05-26-2015)
Old 05-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #59
aFe POWER

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gms View Post
This seems a fine piece to me so I decided to go for it.

@all non US buyers: They won`t ship outside US, by contacting them I was told to purchase from summitracing or amazon.com. Both don`t have the header listed until now... So I asked for an alternative but no response... I hope the product is better than the contact :-) ... Found it finally on my own @bekkers.com with acceptable shipping costs!

The Header will be combined with Perrin 2,5" resonated headerback, aFe Intake, crawford pbp and OFT. Will post before/after results!
I apologize for missing you're PM. It will be better resolved in the future.
aFe POWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #60
gms

Drives: Toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Still no tracking number as promised several times by the reseller. So I had to cancel my order sadly. I won't be able to say a thing about those nice looking headers...😞
gms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #61
ort895

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Reviving an old thread
How did you guys make out?
Satisfied?
Old 04-03-2018, 04:06 PM   #62
JDM4E

Drives: Honda Accord Euro
Reviving also... any new clips, info? It seems that I have found the header to go, long tube, but not infront of the engine, catted and EL header = win.
But I am a little hesitant because no clips and reviews
JDM4E is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
afe power, fr-s & brz, header, scion, steveforgottosaymicdrop, subaru