follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2014, 08:56 AM   #1
pepe

Drives: gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
catback magnaflow vs axleback nameless

Hello there! I wonder what would be your choice. Magnaflow catback or axleback nameless .... or combined axleback nameles + hig flow cat.
Seeking an improvement in car sound and weight savings. If there is also increased performance, better lol.
Thank you very much!
pepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #2
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
For the money, I really enjoy the Magnaflow. Great sound, great looking exhaust tips. Only downside is that the pipes are not the highest level stainless (SUS 302?). Still, if the vehicle is not exposed to snow in Spain you can't go wrong. My vehicle is stored during Canadian winters.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
pepe

thanks for your reply. Have you had the opportunity to hear both systems? or know someone who did, to know your opinion?
I see that you have Magnaflow .... is perceptible change from the original exhaust sound? Sounds like a real sports car? tell me your experience
Old 08-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #4
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe View Post
thanks for your reply. Have you had the opportunity to hear both systems? or know someone who did, to know your opinion?
I see that you have Magnaflow .... is perceptible change from the original exhaust sound? Sounds like a real sports car? tell me your experience
The Magnaflow has the level of sound that the car should have had stock, in my opinion. No drone at cruising either. The tips look great, no too ridiculous like some aftermarket options. Great value.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:38 AM   #5
liewyel

Drives: Raven FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've had a Nameless axelback 2.5in on for the last ~7 months. Great sound throughout most of the rev range, no drone whatsoever. Butt dyno says the power curve is a little smoother, but I doubt that'd hold up to a real dyno.

Highly recommend for a daily driver
liewyel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
pepe

That means that the power curve is smoother? loses power at low rpm? you have just the axleback or mod some more?
I am not a daily driver .... I am driver weekend
you've changed it for another exhaust?
Old 08-24-2014, 11:58 AM   #7
TONY_BRZ

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've had a Nameless Axleback with a HFC and the sound was absolutely delightful. The HFC added a deeper growl without being obnoxious. The tips on the axleback aren't huge so be prepared for that also
TONY_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #8
pepe

ok !. On the exhaust tips .... I love my home toyota tips. The nameless are smaller than the original toyota?
Excuse the interrogation!
You say you had ....... that means you no longer have? and what you have now?
About the HFC .... it's better with or without helmholtz resonator?
Old 08-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #9
BlackyRose

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TONY_BRZ View Post
I've had a Nameless Axleback with a HFC and the sound was absolutely delightful. The HFC added a deeper growl without being obnoxious. The tips on the axleback aren't huge so be prepared for that also
Which HFC did you have?
BlackyRose is offline   Reply With Quote