follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2018, 11:24 AM   #15
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
WOW NSFW.....

...... where can I find more of dat bro?
They are "playing"!
Safe for work unless you are employed at a kennel.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #16
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
They are "playing"!
Safe for work unless you are employed at a kennel.
Every BIG dog and chiwawa owner at a dog park.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #17
cdo221

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S, 2015 RS 1.0
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Wow thanks for the responses everyone! The baby is of 0 age (that is we are expecting but has not popped yet). Due my wife and my work schedules / commute, I'd likely be the one shuttling the infant around in my FR-S. I read a few articles putting rear-face car seats in the rear seats of the FRS/BRZ which essentially rendered the front passenger useless anyway (the front passenger seat needs to be moved forward enough to allow a few inches of space). It seems fairly simple to remove the front passsenger seat from the tear down DIYs - 4 bolts as long as I have the correct socket for it plus pull the air bag sensor so it's always off.

However, it sounds like the consensus is that the front passenger seat does add another layer of protection for the infant so I'll probably be keeping the front passneger seat!

Picking up another car/SUV as a dedicated baby hauling would probably be ideal but nothing really appeals to me... haha
cdo221 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cdo221 For This Useful Post:
Soloside (01-26-2018), Tcoat (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #18
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdo221 View Post
Wow thanks for the responses everyone! The baby is of 0 age (that is we are expecting but has not popped yet). Due my wife and my work schedules / commute, I'd likely be the one shuttling the infant around in my FR-S. I read a few articles putting rear-face car seats in the rear seats of the FRS/BRZ which essentially rendered the front passenger useless anyway (the front passenger seat needs to be moved forward enough to allow a few inches of space). It seems fairly simple to remove the front passsenger seat from the tear down DIYs - 4 bolts as long as I have the correct socket for it plus pull the air bag sensor so it's always off.

However, it sounds like the consensus is that the front passenger seat does add another layer of protection for the infant so I'll probably be keeping the front passneger seat!

Picking up another car/SUV as a dedicated baby hauling would probably be ideal but nothing really appeals to me... haha
You can't just pull the sensor because the system will have fits. There is a way to bypass it but it does involve some electronics.
Old 01-26-2018, 01:09 PM   #19
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
I don't quite understand your response, because rear facing is safer for an infant and he is talking about removing the passenger seat to have the baby seat installed with ease. I would think this would be the best course of action if this was the only vehicle available(besides keeping the seat, which would be better). In the event of an accident, the front facing seat would likely kill the infant if the force from shock was enough. Front facing baby seats is not for infants.
Yaaaaa!.......... ol Jordanwolf comes through with a rational post .......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:13 PM   #20
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post

humfrz
What ever happened to just putting the baby in a laundry basket in the back seat of a car with no seatbelts?

My kids made it.
Attached Images

humfrz (01-26-2018), Ultramaroon (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:17 PM   #21
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
What ever happened to just putting the baby in a laundry basket in the back seat of a car with no seatbelts?

My kids made it.
Fer sure fer sure ........

humfrz
Ultramaroon (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:22 PM   #22
humfrz

Quote:

Welp, so, if you move the passenger seat forward far enough for a rear facing baby seat to fit in the back ...... you don't have space for a passenger in the passenger seat ........ if you remove the front passenger seat altogether, you sure as hell don't have a space for a passenger ........ so, why remove the front seat .......

humfrz
ermax (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #23
humfrz

Quote:

I suggest you read this:

https://carseatresearch.com/selectio...or-small-cars/

I stress ....... DO NOT put a less than two year old in a front facing car seat!

pa-pa humfrz
Old 01-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #24
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post

humfrz
For as long as I live, no one shall put a baby in harms way if I have something to say about it. Plus I have researched this topic already for the future of my beautiful 86 so I don't have to get rid of it, just in case.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:33 PM   #25
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Removing Front Passenger Seat for baby seat

I have a 11 week old and it’s no problem putting the rear facing seat in the back. Actually it’s easier to place it in the dock in my FRS than it is in my Suburban. Stupid Chevy didn’t put anchors in all there seats in the 2nd row so the baby ends up sitting in the center seat of the 2nd row so I have to literally climb up into the truck while holding the seat to then place him in the dock.

My wife is still able to sit in the passenger seat while the baby is in the back (she is 5’ 6”) but the passenger seat is touching the baby seat. I don’t intend to haul the baby and wife at the same time but we took a trip to the grocery store just to see if it was possible. Typically if we are all together we would take the truck anyways.

If you don’t plan to have a passenger then you will have absolutely no problem. I wouldn’t bother removing the passenger seat that’s for sure. Oh yeah, the stroller fits nicely in the trunk too.

It’s a totally practical family car! Hahaha

Last edited by ermax; 01-29-2018 at 12:29 PM.
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ermax For This Useful Post:
JohnJuan (01-29-2018), Tcoat (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 02:45 PM   #26
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermax View Post
I have a 11 week old and it’s no problem putting the rear facing seat in the back. Actually it’s easier to place it in the dock in my FRS than it is in my Suburban. Stupid Chevy didn’t put anchors in all there seats in the 2nd row so the baby ends up sitting in the center seat of the 2nd row so I have to literally clime up into the trick while holding the seat to then place him in the dock.

My wife is still able to sit in the passenger seat while the baby is in the back (she is 5’ 6”) but the passenger seat is touching the baby seat. I don’t intend to haul the baby and wife at the same time but we took a trip to the grocery store just to see if it was possible. Typically if we are all together we would take the truck anyways.

If you don’t plan to have a passenger then you will have absolutely no problem. I wouldn’t bother removing the passenger seat that’s for sure. Oh yeah, the stroller fits nicely in the trunk too.

It’s a totally practical family car! Hahaha
Shoulda just bought a Renault Espace F1.
Old 01-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #27
ermax

Drives: 2022 BRZ Limited Silver
Thanked 2,045 Times in 1,188 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Shoulda just bought a Renault Espace F1.

Had to look that one up. Hahaha
ermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:55 PM   #28
humfrz

Quote:
For as long as I live, no one shall put a baby in harms way if I have something to say about it. Plus I have researched this topic already for the future of my beautiful 86 so I don't have to get rid of it, just in case.
.........AND ...... a rational thought coming from ol Jordanwolf ........

Maybe, we will let him continue to hang out here ........

humfrz