follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 03-15-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Nova Scotia

I know one other person with a BRZ in NS, Anyone else?
Deadspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
Why dont you open this question up to the FR-0S side? There should be some. I see we have a guy from NB who is on regularly and 2 from St. John's area.

See ya at the pizza corner. I hear the famous donair place moved. .
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Ah, I did not mean to be so literal.

Any Toybaru's.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hello fellow Haligonian.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Heeeey. Whats up man?
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadspool For This Useful Post:
Calum (03-29-2013)
Old 03-17-2013, 05:53 PM   #6
stevstevd

Drives: Mazda6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey, just got my account verified. First post here. I've been lurking for a long time, doing all my research. Car is mostly for me driving into the city for work, and weekend driving. The occasional throwing of two kids in the backseat (if I had to). The kids seats aren't a concern from all the posts I've read. I am not into racing, driving fast, autox, or anything like that. Just want a fun car to drive. Had a '02 celica before the kids came along (4 & 1)

Have had my heart set on the frs, but now am starting to consider the BRZ. I have no true preference one over the other. Was supposed to get a test drive last Tuesday, but the scion dealer didn't call me back.

As far as choosing between BRZ and FRS, it looks like I'd pay about 500$ or so more for the BRZ (actually close to 1000 if the the freight and delivery info is accurate on website - seems higher for subaru). If FRS, I'd be adding the touch screen sound upgrade, and with the BRZ, would be the basic model. As far as price go, they are too close to really care. With that said, is MSRP basically the price I'll pay? I guess, better question is if the prices are negotiable at all, or will it simply be negotiating my trade in / interest rates. As far as interest rate, I am pretty sure I can do decent with my bank, and at worst get it onto mortgage at 2.15%.

Any preference over the scion vs. subaru dealership in Halifax? I'd be happy with either car. I guess hoping to get the best 'deal' which might be whichever dealer gives me a bigger trade in on an older mazda 6.

I saw a post on another forum about someone else in halifax with a BRZ. I would be curious to know how many BRZ's / FRS have been sold out here?
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I hear Ricky and Julian stole a BRZ and dumped it at Sunnydale.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wbradley For This Useful Post:
Silverdub (03-23-2013)
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
agray56

Drives: Venza, Mustang, Acura, F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
Hey, just got my account verified. First post here. I've been lurking for a long time, doing all my research. Car is mostly for me driving into the city for work, and weekend driving. The occasional throwing of two kids in the backseat (if I had to). The kids seats aren't a concern from all the posts I've read. I am not into racing, driving fast, autox, or anything like that. Just want a fun car to drive. Had a '02 celica before the kids came along (4 & 1)

Have had my heart set on the frs, but now am starting to consider the BRZ. I have no true preference one over the other. Was supposed to get a test drive last Tuesday, but the scion dealer didn't call me back.

As far as choosing between BRZ and FRS, it looks like I'd pay about 500$ or so more for the BRZ (actually close to 1000 if the the freight and delivery info is accurate on website - seems higher for subaru). If FRS, I'd be adding the touch screen sound upgrade, and with the BRZ, would be the basic model. As far as price go, they are too close to really care. With that said, is MSRP basically the price I'll pay? I guess, better question is if the prices are negotiable at all, or will it simply be negotiating my trade in / interest rates. As far as interest rate, I am pretty sure I can do decent with my bank, and at worst get it onto mortgage at 2.15%.

Any preference over the scion vs. subaru dealership in Halifax? I'd be happy with either car. I guess hoping to get the best 'deal' which might be whichever dealer gives me a bigger trade in on an older mazda 6.

I saw a post on another forum about someone else in halifax with a BRZ. I would be curious to know how many BRZ's / FRS have been sold out here?
I have been lurking also for a while. Was seriously considering trading my current DD on either an FRS or BRZ, but changed my mind after finding out the trade value of my car. The Scion dealer (O'Regan's) will not deal on the list price of the FRS, but you may be able to deal on the trade value. I have another Toyota vehicle bought through there and am very happy with their service department.

I took both vehicles out for a test. I honestly didn't expect to be able to feel any suspension difference in the two cars, but IMHO the BRZ is a smoother driving vehicle. I have never owned a Subie so cannot comment on the local dealer but if I go back to get one I would deal with the same salesperson.
agray56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #9
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

I test drove the FRS first, It was ok. It felt a little cheaper,and yeah, huge difference in the suspension. the FRS was bouncy.

I chose the subaru because Steele was REALLY good to me, and had the car on the lot. not like o'regans where it would have taken months to get one. Louis Mcarthy is the guy i delt with, I HIGHLY recommend him.

I was told to go see him by a guy on ship with me, who he bought his BRZ from.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:57 AM   #10
stevstevd

Thanks for the replies guys... Guess I will consider taking them both for a test. My ideal color choice was leaning towards hot lava. Although, if it comes down to it and I like the drive that much more on the BRZ, I'd take the blue BRZ.

Seems so hard to come to a conclusion when all the reviews that talk so highly of the BRZ are not actually comparing the base model on both. Sure, add leather seats, fog lights, push engine, dual climate, etc etc and you have a better car... But at a cost of 1300 + 2000. After tax thats a 4000$ premium.

Anyway, the other thing I was trying to get a good feel for in our climate was the whole chirping issue. As I understand, many people eliminate the issue with ethanol free gas - which in NS is all gas right? So would that mean you guys haven't had the chirp? I suppose, the other issue with chirp is in higher temps, therefore no one likely had them for at least a long while.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
agray56

Drives: Venza, Mustang, Acura, F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
Thanks for the replies guys... Guess I will consider taking them both for a test. My ideal color choice was leaning towards hot lava. Although, if it comes down to it and I like the drive that much more on the BRZ, I'd take the blue BRZ.

Seems so hard to come to a conclusion when all the reviews that talk so highly of the BRZ are not actually comparing the base model on both. Sure, add leather seats, fog lights, push engine, dual climate, etc etc and you have a better car... But at a cost of 1300 + 2000. After tax thats a 4000$ premium.

Anyway, the other thing I was trying to get a good feel for in our climate was the whole chirping issue. As I understand, many people eliminate the issue with ethanol free gas - which in NS is all gas right? So would that mean you guys haven't had the chirp? I suppose, the other issue with chirp is in higher temps, therefore no one likely had them for at least a long while.
Most pumps I see state that they "May contain up to 10% ethanol". The only one that does not that I know of is Shell V Power premium.
agray56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:02 PM   #12
stevstevd

After keeping my eyes peeled each and every day on my drive to and from work, I spotted my first FRS. Red one on st. Margaret's bay red near buyer's just before 5. Any of you? Made me that much more anxious to finally drive one.

My other worry is about my parking space at work. One of those private lots between houses/business. Has a bit of a slope getting in, and a curb which prevents going on a steep angle easily. Cracked the bumper on my corolla when the Mazda was in shop and wasnt going slow enough. Never did it again though. Corolla is about 5.6 inch compared to 4.9 FRS. Seems like the world is trying to tell me not to get one. Just don't want to listen.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #13
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Not me.

I live on St Margarets bay road, blue brz. Have not seen the red one yet.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #14
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

I saw a red Genesis on the bay road, no FRS yet though.