follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Brody602
Drift King

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom 100% leather seat skins

Hey guys not sure if any of you know this site, but they have a nice customizable seat skin design for the FRS, little pricey but it's for the front seats and rear seats, and is actual leather. Just thought I'd share with everyone for any who might be interested! P.S. I AM IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COMPANY!

Here's a link to the site: http://www.canadaseatskins.com/scion...her-p-323.html

Edit: this is the email they sent me with the discounted promotion pricing and options:

Hey Brody,

Your promo listing is up. These are in stock and ready to rock. 699.99 delivered in Canada and the USA.

699.99 Promo Interior (Pre Configured Colors)

http://www.canadaseatskins.com/2013-scion-leather-interior-promo-black-p-380.html

Standard Custom Build Form (Single Color or any 2 colors)

http://www.canadaseatskins.com/scion-custom-leather-interiors-premium-p-323.html

Limited Edition 3 Tone (3 Color Interior , Wrap, Two Tone, Wings)

http://www.canadaseatskins.com/scion-limited-edition-tone-premium-p-381.html

I have discounted all Scion FRS builds instead of doing a group buy. Anybody can purchase what they would like. Well keep the price down until at least the new year for you guys. Everything you need should be in the listings including leather content explanations and pattern diagrams.

Hope it helps =)

--
David MercierCanadaSeatSkins.com
Facebook.com/CanadaSeatSkins

Last edited by Brody602; 12-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Brody602 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brody602 For This Useful Post:
BRZranger (12-08-2012), calis5nest (12-06-2012), pumice (01-01-2013)
Old 12-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
i_4got

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
I'm not sure if it's because of the bad quality picture from their site, but this looks like some cheap cloth material instead of leather. Clazzio has some nice leather ones as well, but theirs are just seat covers. Might go with that instead.
i_4got is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
FYI these guys apparently stole my pictures. I originally had these posted in my thread when I was trying to sell my seats (changed my mind). So this is definitely NOT work done by them.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11373
Links to pictures are broken, but I'm not going to fix them if people are stealing them.
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
Brody602
Drift King

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_4got View Post
I'm not sure if it's because of the bad quality picture from their site, but this looks like some cheap cloth material instead of leather. Clazzio has some nice leather ones as well, but theirs are just seat covers. Might go with that instead.
I'm pretty sure Katzkin manufactures their skins from them, and they are ane xtremely reputable company, they are currently starting a promotion for them and he is going to be emailing me with the details, also one nice thing is if you are canadian the seats ship from canada to avoid brokerage fees, and same with the u.s.a. if you are in the u.s. the ship from the u.s.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Brody602
Drift King

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
FYI these guys apparently stole my pictures. I originally had these posted in my thread when I was trying to sell my seats (changed my mind). So this is definitely NOT work done by them.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11373
Links to pictures are broken, but I'm not going to fix them if people are stealing them.
Hmm interesting, they are a Katzkin dealer, but regardless should've had permission to use your picture, unless you gave Katzkin permission then they would probably have permission aswell, being a Katzkin dealer.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
i_4got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody602 View Post
I'm pretty sure Katzkin manufactures their skins from them, and they are ane xtremely reputable company, they are currently starting a promotion for them and he is going to be emailing me with the details, also one nice thing is if you are canadian the seats ship from canada to avoid brokerage fees, and same with the u.s.a. if you are in the u.s. the ship from the u.s.
Katzkin has leather interiors for the FR-S/BRZ on their site as well, though they're very expensive.

Based on what @phanguy said above, these guys might be very sketchy. They don't even have pictures of their own install on their own website.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_4got View Post
Katzkin has leather interiors for the FR-S/BRZ on their site as well, though they're very expensive.
It's true that they're very expensive but they offer you any color scheme/pattern you might want and they are incredibly nice.

When I first got my FR-S they were going to one of my first purchases as I do prefer leather interiors but I have to admit I've grown to like the fabric interior and will leave it alone.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
phanguy

Drives: Scion FR-S Ultramarine
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
I never gave anyone any permission to use any of my pictures.

I mean I understand that if they are a Katzkin dealer then they would want to use it as an example, but that doesn't mean they should. If you do a google search for "FR-S leather seats" then my sell thread is the first result for images. I can see why they would have just wanted to take it, but since it links directly to my thread then there is no reason why they couldn't just ask me.

But yes I'd be weary of them if they can't even take the time to post pictures of their own legitimate work. I may contact them in a bit to see if they are willing to take down the pictures.

Also @i_4got they aren't great quality cause I was taking them with my iPhone. :P They weren't meant to be professional pictures!
phanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #9
i_4got

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanguy View Post
I never gave anyone any permission to use any of my pictures.

I mean I understand that if they are a Katzkin dealer then they would want to use it as an example, but that doesn't mean they should. If you do a google search for "FR-S leather seats" then my sell thread is the first result for images. I can see why they would have just wanted to take it, but since it links directly to my thread then there is no reason why they couldn't just ask me.

But yes I'd be weary of them if they can't even take the time to post pictures of their own legitimate work. I may contact them in a bit to see if they are willing to take down the pictures.

Also @i_4got they aren't great quality cause I was taking them with my iPhone. :P They weren't meant to be professional pictures!
Haha, if it's Katzkin then it must be great quality. But these guys are sketchy as hell if they just swipe some picture online without asking.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #10
Brody602
Drift King

Hmm mixed signals, maybe I'll askfor more pictures and close ups of that specific seat skin Also I'll ask if Katzkin manufactures them