follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-26-2014, 05:00 PM   #1149
Beyer Subaru

Drives: 2013 BRZ SWP 6AT Ltd
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperNoone View Post
Or you could buy a local's lip without having to wait for the dealer order to go through.

Because troll??? I no comprende?? Why would I buy a "local's" lip? My car has only and will only see OEM parts. What local has a stock of STi, TRD, etc parts lying in there garage/basement??

I am the dealer. Hence "Beyer Subaru". Which is why if I mess this one up, I'll be putting in an order at my Parts Dept vs Jparts again.
Beyer Subaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #1150
JasperNoone
Banned

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyer Subaru View Post
Because troll??? I no comprende?? Why would I buy a "local's" lip? My car has only and will only see OEM parts. What local has a stock of STi, TRD, etc parts lying in there garage/basement??

I am the dealer. Hence "Beyer Subaru". Which is why if I mess this one up, I'll be putting in an order at my Parts Dept vs Jparts again.
Uh no troll. Because someone else in the area can't have an authentic STI/TRD part they haven't used yet? There's more than one local with an authentic JDM BRZ lip sitting around unused, still in the wrapping foam, with hardware. One of them might even be willing to match your dealer price if they were tired of lip sitting around unused.

So quick to accuse...
JasperNoone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JasperNoone For This Useful Post:
Beyer Subaru (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 05:14 PM   #1151
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT CBS
Thanked 1,497 Times in 902 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:

@OrbitalEllipses does! Well, compared to my being in Alaska, he's local to you.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:43 PM   #1152
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
Uh no troll. Because someone else in the area can't have an authentic STI/TRD part they haven't used yet? There's more than one local with an authentic JDM BRZ lip sitting around unused, still in the wrapping foam, with hardware. One of them might even be willing to match your dealer price if they were tired of lip sitting around unused.

So quick to accuse...
Sorry. I am a little trigger happy on these boards these days. There's a lot of expletives that fly constantly and I can't tell if someone is a troll, foreign (Communication Barrier), actually an innocent needing help/advice or is an asshat.

I tend not to buy parts from locals as I've had many bad experiences with people. I try to buy from a reputable business or shop as they are accountable.

Thank You for the advice and please let me know if I can help you in any way during your time here.

Yeah @chanomatik, If I needed one he might've gotten a call from me. Idk how he even still have it? I guess everyone is on the replica/bayson train by now?
The Following User Says Thank You to Beyer Subaru For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 05:53 PM   #1153
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Or you could buy a local's lip without having to wait for the dealer order to go through.
Unfortunately not around my neck of the woods @ Crazy Town (Rob Ford).

When I ordered from the dealer in the morning, the lip showed up next day morning.

I'm probably the only BRZ owner that has only JDM OEM and STI parts on the car around town (others usually just buy the STI rims or the eBay STI aero bits that won't even fit properly). Everytime I bring some STI part to my trusty mechanic (GR WRX STI owner), he has no idea what they are and usually just make fun of the weirdness (the flexible draw stiffeners being one).

The rip off lip that I've seen, the sides don't sit flush at all with the bumper, so bent out of shape as if it's about to fall off lol!

Just installed my 2nd lip yesterday in the garage with two shoeboxes, a flashlight, a screwdriver, and a mirror.

Last edited by krayzie; 06-26-2014 at 06:06 PM.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #1154
JasperNoone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
@OrbitalEllipses does! Well, compared to my being in Alaska, he's local to you.
That user is banned.

Quote:
I tend not to buy parts from locals as I've had many bad experiences with people. I try to buy from a reputable business or shop as they are accountable.
It's local pickup...you can tell if it's fake or the guy's sketchy, etc. I like local pickup.
Beyer Subaru (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 06:08 PM   #1155
Beyer Subaru

Quote:
That user is banned.

It's local pickup...you can tell if it's fake or the guy's sketchy, etc. I like local pickup.
Ah Hah!! It's all coming together nao. I see what you did there.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #1156
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

Quote:
Sorry. I am a little trigger happy on these boards these days. There's a lot of expletives that fly constantly and I can't tell if someone is a troll, foreign (Communication Barrier), actually an innocent needing help/advice or is an asshat.

Thank You for the advice and please let me know if I can help you in any way during your time here.

Yeah @chanomatik, If I needed one he might've gotten a call from me. Idk how he even still have it? I guess everyone is on the replica/bayson train by now?
He's selling it for $400. He's sat on it for a while. He can be kind of lazy with parts. I think he even has Racer X control arms he's never installed? Anyways, he's on NASIOC if you need him. Same name. Although I'm positive your dealer price is much, much better, but I'm more so listing this for anyone else's benefit. He's in Maryland and commutes to D.C..

I'd buy it, but I won't be down there until next Spring. Maybe I could buy it if he has it when I visit in October... Anyways, I've cracked my Bayson R lip and I'm thinking of a replacement. It's not super obvious, though.

Quote:
That user is banned.
Yeah, I forgot he was banned recently. Completely stupid since that's my homebody and he's provided a lot of healthy feedback.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 PM   #1157
Beyer Subaru

Yeah. I just don't need one now. It'd be kinda dumb to buy one in the hopes mine gets facocked, ya know?
The Following User Says Thank You to Beyer Subaru For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 06:23 PM   #1158
chanomatik
Snow Don't Hurt!

I hear ya. Mine is split, but it's such a fine line that you can't tell until you're totally on top of it. Can't even glance and see it myself, and I KNOW it's there. haha Oh well.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #1159
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanomatik View Post
I hear ya. Mine is split, but it's such a fine line that you can't tell until you're totally on top of it. Can't even glance and see it myself, and I KNOW it's there. haha Oh well.
It's okay man I have these hairline cracks on my old ThinkPad but the Mitsubishi CFRP + GFRP is still holding up just fine after years of constant abuse and drops to the floor. I can imagine the lip has even tougher engineering plastic / resin.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (06-26-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 09:12 PM   #1160
JasperNoone
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. I just don't need one now. It'd be kinda dumb to buy one in the hopes mine gets facocked, ya know?
I'd call it preventative maintenance.
Beyer Subaru (06-28-2014)
Old 06-26-2014, 11:38 PM   #1161
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Ordered the dark gray pin stripes...again. Silver will be up for sale cheaper than Japanparts never mounted. PM me if interested...cough cough @chanomatik
The Following User Says Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
chanomatik (06-27-2014)
Old 06-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #1162
ModalSoul37

Drives: 2014 Limited WR Blue Brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone tried to order the STI front and rear strut and coil spring set from a dealer?
ModalSoul37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
it sucks to be broke, sti omg!