follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #15
Floggin Tires

Drives: ZC6, Junk of ALL sorts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by subatoy View Post
HP has nothing to do with the clutch. Torque does.
HP = Torque x RPM ÷ 5252
Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
86pro

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Ok heres my two cents. Avo japan is a sub of avo australia where its head company is. They have dealt with subarus but have never been recognized as having turbo kits. In japan there known as the cheaper brands. Vortech now has had numerous problems with their superchargers but has had some good builds. Quality parts and proper tuning maximizes chances of long life and performance of the engine. Unless you wanna have high hp like other kits and push it to the limit in the tune and engine goes kaboom. FA20clubs turbo kit is best bang for buck by far. and just so my second to last sentence is clarified, those fully built engines take high maintenance and money. They aren't daily driver cars unless thats what you love and can afford. So therefore without the right tune and parts its only a matter of time. For FA20club the parts are top quality and the tunes are still reserved and reliable.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 86pro For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (05-13-2013), Scalzo (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 01:40 AM   #17
Scalzo

Drives: Asphalt FRS <3
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86pro View Post
Ok heres my two cents. Avo japan is a sub of avo australia where its head company is. They have dealt with subarus but have never been recognized as having turbo kits. In japan there known as the cheaper brands. Vortech now has had numerous problems with their superchargers but has had some good builds. Quality parts and proper tuning maximizes chances of long life and performance of the engine. Unless you wanna have high hp like other kits and push it to the limit in the tune and engine goes kaboom. FA20clubs turbo kit is best bang for buck by far. and just so my second to last sentence is clarified, those fully built engines take high maintenance and money. They aren't daily driver cars unless thats what you love and can afford. So therefore without the right tune and parts its only a matter of time. For FA20club the parts are top quality and the tunes are still reserved and reliable.
Thanks, this helps me make my decision. I was iffy on getting it but since i started this thread, i'm more like, " can't wait to talk to tony tomorrow" LOL

Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 AM   #18
86pro

Drives: frs
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
no prob
Old 05-13-2013, 01:46 AM   #19
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86pro View Post
If a engine is built properly its would out preform a stock engine, and i say that from personal experience with : A Sti, with a fully built block, minor head work and gtx35 built by Forman in Socal, A Evo that was a track car but has been driven non stop for over 6 hours with no ac(in the middle east with temperatures over 130F), a full racing interior and then used for a year as weekend car, and last a v8 stroked with a CRANK (which most people stay away from when the car is going to be DD) to 6.9 and supercharged that has been used as a daily driver with commuting for past 2 year and the car would smoke super cars daily. The recipe for a built engine is fairly simple. A well built motor by a reputable person, a proper tune and regular oil change maintenance (which anybody would do if he cared about his car)
but hey thats just my 2 cent too
Old 05-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #20
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Full Blown had theirs out first and has been on a track car for a long time now. I have over 7,000 miles on mine. jussayin.

As I have told many others on this site, all of the turbo kits out there are worth buying. I think it comes down to preference and the small differences between them. I know I went with Full Blown because they were out first and were making production type turbo kits instead of one off kits. Now there are more options, so pick the one that fits what you want to do.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #21
ATL BRZ
Driving Coach

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,707 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Fast forward a couple months and I see this thread. The OP is sold on the FA20Club turbo kit and rightfully so...and along comes John to talk trash. Not only did he bash the FA20Club kit, he pushed the OP to purchase an AVO kit instead. Last I checked John doesn't even offer his own turbo kit for the FRS/BRZ. I could at least respect him if he had his own kit and came in the thread to educate the OP on his kit instead so he could compare and make a decision. That's not the case at all though!! He wasn't trying to make a sale, he was trying to rob Tony of a sale instead!! What kind of miserable prick stoops to that level? John Visconti, that's who.

For all the Visconti fanboys, open your eyes and look around... I'd be willing to bet they would be far happier with the service and tunes from Tony. I could also go on and on about his flex fuel kit that he is now raping people on but I think it's time to end my rant.

OP, good luck with the turbo kit and sorry for the thread jacking. Tony, keep up the awesome work. John, eat a ****.
Couldn't have said it better myself...

@Visconti's reaction

The Following User Says Thank You to ATL BRZ For This Useful Post:
Visconti (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
SMDH another thread goes to $hit.... Thanks for the support Chad but now we are a bit off topic

Closed Thread