follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 04-07-2014, 01:07 AM   #1
eyedeez

Drives: 2014 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installed V3's: Clunk From Right Rear

Like the title says, I installed some V3's over the weekend at a buddies house, drove the car home, and everything was peachy. I drove it again about 24 hours later after the car had settled a little bit and I noticed a clunking coming from the right rear. I've done some searching on the forum and understand there are a couple possible issues. I've already tried undoing the endlinks, but that didn't correct the issue. I'm going to pull the coilover out this week to inspect it, do some more searching on the forum, and go from there.

However, I'm curious if any of you have come across the same issue and what your fixes were?
eyedeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
NemeGuero
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13516
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
eyedeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post

Thanks. I actually read through that thread but was curious if there was anything else to add.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
NemeGuero
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
So why would you make a new thread instead of asking in that one?
NemeGuero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #5
smbstyle

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
I actually heard a clunk when going over certain surfaces, bumps, etc. with my RCE T2's; realized it was actually the two flexible ends of the floor board piece in the trunk flopping up and down, slapping the plastic trays underneath...

Found out when I had my wife lift up that floor board and let it fall as I sat in the driver's seat; it was the exact same sound I heard when driving.
smbstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #6
eyedeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemeGuero View Post
So why would you make a new thread instead of asking in that one?
I did reply to that thread last night, as you figured out. Also, notice in my opening post how I mentioned I've searched and have a list of potential issues? However, I've done some troubleshooting already and haven't found a fix. I'm reaching out to the Northern California people specifically to get some input from folks that I actually have the potential of seeing in person. I've been a member of other forums, read the posting rules for this forum, and have a general understanding of forum etiquette. I hadn't come across a solution to my situation yet (other than perhaps the clunk isn't related to any installation/quality issue and is just a product of being lowered on stock suspension components) so I created a thread. If I've offended you enough you need to make a comment about it, and you feel I've violated the rules, then please, report me (or better yet, just move on). Otherwise, don't be so critical, refresh yourself on the forum rules regarding being kind and helpful, and be a friend to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smbstyle View Post
I actually heard a clunk when going over certain surfaces, bumps, etc. with my RCE T2's; realized it was actually the two flexible ends of the floor board piece in the trunk flopping up and down, slapping the plastic trays underneath...

Found out when I had my wife lift up that floor board and let it fall as I sat in the driver's seat; it was the exact same sound I heard when driving.
Thanks for the input, I hadn't come across this when searching. I did consider this as a potential issue, but I feel that I've eliminated it as a possibility. The clunk I'm hearing seems to be coming directly from the coilover. I'll take another look at the floor boards when I take the coilover out this week just to be sure.