follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 12-29-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Valenti reverse light/4th taillight wiring with stock MY17 taillights

Hello Everyone. I just installed the valenti 4th tail light/reverse. I wasn't able to find any wiring guides to help my wire up the light. Now that I have it working I wanted to share the info. I am going just talk about the wiring because the rest of the install is the same. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jrFASjxwWQ"]DIY: Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ Valenti Tail Light Installation - YouTube[/ame]. I followed this video.

For wiring I wanted the V to light up with running lights. I wanted the rear foglight/triangle to light up with the brake lights. to do this. I wired up the red wire from the valenti light to the red wire connecting to the taillight. This powers the V. I then connected the blue wire from the valenti light to the green wire going into taillight. I used wire taps. This got the result I wanted. I ordered my valenti light from mod bargins with the wiring option to split the V up from the triangle. Hope this helps someone speed up their install.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elliotw For This Useful Post:
Daedex (03-16-2018), roosahorn (06-07-2019), SkyeHack (02-20-2020)
Old 03-16-2018, 08:07 PM   #2
Daedex
That One Guy

Drives: White 2017 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliotw View Post
Hello Everyone. I just installed the valenti 4th tail light/reverse. I wasn't able to find any wiring guides to help my wire up the light. Now that I have it working I wanted to share the info. I am going just talk about the wiring because the rest of the install is the same.
. I followed this video.

For wiring I wanted the V to light up with running lights. I wanted the rear foglight/triangle to light up with the brake lights. to do this. I wired up the red wire from the valenti light to the red wire connecting to the taillight. This powers the V. I then connected the blue wire from the valenti light to the green wire going into taillight. I used wire taps. This got the result I wanted. I ordered my valenti light from mod bargins with the wiring option to split the V up from the triangle. Hope this helps someone speed up their install.

Was stuck at this part. Just helped me. Thanks man
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 PM   #3
Elliotw

Drives: '18 BRZ tS, '18 GTI SE, '11 RS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedex View Post
Was stuck at this part. Just helped me. Thanks man
Happy to help. I was lost for awhile on this and blew some fuses lol.
Elliotw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:22 PM   #4
Dansfrs

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Just to be clear? The wires from the valenti brake light can tap into the oem harness not the tailight harness right? What wires are the ones that need to be tapped into the oem harness. I have valenti revos and haven’t seen anyone install them so it would be easier to know the wires from the oem harness
Dansfrs is offline   Reply With Quote