follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 04-14-2018, 01:58 AM   #15
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Most devices are manufactured in several temperature grades. Broadly accepted grades are:
  • Commercial: 0 ° to 70 °C
  • Industrial: -40 ° to 85 °C
  • Military: -55 ° to 125 °C

Leaving a electronic device in full sun in summer inside locked car is likely push the boundary on standard LCD screens

Typically, standard LCD character and graphics modules provide a temperature range of 0°C to +50°C. However, several display manufacturers offer extreme temperature models with operating temperatures of -40°C to +80 or +85°C.

https://www.digikey.com.au/en/articl...e-temperatures
Military grade means constantly broken IRL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 05:43 AM   #16
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post

And usually means an extra 0 on end of Price :-)
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 06:46 AM   #17
Tor

Drives: Toyota GT86
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricepuddin View Post
Without giving away any military secrets (since the system has been decomissioned), when I was young man I worked in a MIM-23 Hawk missile battery.

My small country had 8 of these batteries. The standing joke was that in the event of actually needing them it would be possible to piece max 3 somewhat operational batteries together from all 8. Especially the notorious ROR - Range Only Radar (or "Repair Only Radar") was never working.

My country also had an jamming system to jam enemy radars, which was located centrally at the high command. Once activated none of the radars were working and the battery couldn't fire any missiles at all.

Another fun anecdote, during an excersise the whole battery was moved to a field of some random farmer. A week after the excersise the farmer called and asked when the remaining equipment would be removed. They forgot a carrier with 3 live spare missiles on his field. They had been standing around there for a week unsupervised.

It was a bloody joke - all of it.

A politician of my country fameously said the our military should be eliminated and replaced with an answering maching with the prerecorded message "we surrender". It would certainly have saved a lot of money with most likely the same result.
Tor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tor For This Useful Post:
steve99 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 07:01 AM   #18
Ricepuddin
Get a Bowl

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
And usually means an extra 0 on end of Price :-)
True story
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor View Post
Without giving away any military secrets (since the system has been decomissioned), when I was young man I worked in a MIM-23 Hawk missile battery.

My small country had 8 of these batteries. The standing joke was that in the event of actually needing them it would be possible to piece max 3 somewhat operational batteries together from all 8. Especially the notorious ROR - Range Only Radar (or "Repair Only Radar") was never working.

My country also had an jamming system to jam enemy radars, which was located centrally at the high command. Once activated none of the radars were working and the battery couldn't fire any missiles at all.

Another fun anecdote, during an excersise the whole battery was moved to a field of some random farmer. A week after the excersise the farmer called and asked when the remaining equipment would be removed. They forgot a carrier with 3 live spare missiles on his field. They had been standing around there for a week unsupervised.

It was a bloody joke - all of it.

A politician of my country fameously said the our military should be eliminated and replaced with an answering maching with the prerecorded message "we surrender". It would certainly have saved a lot of money with most likely the same result.
I was a Gunner on a mrap that it's TC (passenger) outside door switch actually turned the vehicle off instead of opening the door. This was in Iraq

Ricepuddin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricepuddin For This Useful Post:
steve99 (04-14-2018)

Tags
oft, open flash tablet, overheating