follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 10-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #15
Mchilese

Drives: '14 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
I'll be down at Monterey for the Pirelli WC this weekend... have fun take pics!
My fiancee and I will be in Monterey as well for the WC. Too many good events going on this weekend. Have fun, everyone!
Mchilese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:41 PM   #16
Yal
#subaruambassador

Drives: Wheezy
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuJoe View Post
@jcygts6 - Here's a fun route to take for tomorrow's event at Canepa.
I recommend getting there early, as the lot fills up.

From SF, head south on 280.
In San Mateo, turn right to go west up 92 towards the coast.
At the top of the hill, turn left on 35 (Skyline Blvd.).
Skyline is super fun. Take it all the way to hwy 17, or take a detour down Black Rd. to 17, and head towards Santa Cruz.
Take the Scotts Valley Drive exit off 17.
https://goo.gl/maps/gbHxtPbuNPK2

Maybe I'll see you there!
For next time, Skyline to Highway 9, then down to Mount Herman Road, then to Scotts Valley Drive
Old 03-19-2017, 11:14 AM   #17
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Canepa Cars and Coffee is back for 2017 - second Saturday of the month from April through October. http://canepa.com/2765771/

I'm thinking about going on April 8th.

If you haven't checked this place out, it's pretty epic
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 03:27 AM   #18
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Canepa Cars and Coffee

Thinking about doing an early morning drive down to Canepa for cars and coffee this weekend... any interest?

http://canepa.com/canepa-cars-and-coffee-information/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2017, 12:34 PM   #19
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Yes, I'm in
PMok (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 12:48 PM   #20
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Maybe, but I probably wouldn't be able to stay super long. Got things to do later in the day.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to spike021 For This Useful Post:
PMok (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 02:58 PM   #21
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
Yes, I'm in
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
Maybe, but I probably wouldn't be able to stay super long. Got things to do later in the day.
The event starts early... you basically want to be at Canepa by 7AM or 730AM at the latest if you want parking in the main lot. Usually we are done walking around and checking out the showroom/facility by 9 or 10AM. Last time we went as a group we went for breakfast afterwards (optional). So that being said, does everyone want to meet up somewhere early (Alice's seems a good starting point at say 6AM) and take a fun drive down, or just meet somewhere near Scotts Valley at around 6:45AM then roll in together?
Old 08-09-2017, 04:12 PM   #22
spike021

Drives: '17 Limited BRZ CWP w/ PP
Thanked 6,471 Times in 3,207 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
The event starts early... you basically want to be at Canepa by 7AM or 730AM at the latest if you want parking in the main lot. Usually we are done walking around and checking out the showroom/facility by 9 or 10AM. Last time we went as a group we went for breakfast afterwards (optional). So that being said, does everyone want to meet up somewhere early (Alice's seems a good starting point at say 6AM) and take a fun drive down, or just meet somewhere near Scotts Valley at around 6:45AM then roll in together?
Ha, yeah. I meant if you guys were going to hang afterward and do a drive on 9 or something.

I think I'm down, though it'd be better for me to meet in Scotts Valley around 6:45/7ish. As much as I like driving up to Alice's, it's kind of out of the way that early if I'm not doing 84. :P

There's a Starbucks in Scotts Valley on Mt Hermon Rd we could meet at. Been there before and I'm pretty sure parking won't be too bad that time of the morning. I know there's one a bit closer to Canepa on Scotts Valley Rd but I wonder if it'd be more crowded with people.
spike021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #23
overlookedx

Drives: 2015 WRB Limited
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
I'd be down to meet at Alice's and make a drive out of it. Also, it seems like they have some serious parking lot restrictions now, so we should keep that in mind when we get there.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #24
PMok

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlookedx View Post
I'd be down to meet at Alice's and make a drive out of it. Also, it seems like they have some serious parking lot restrictions now, so we should keep that in mind when we get there.
OK, let's plan on doing the drive from Alice's down Hwy 9 to Scotts Valley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike021 View Post
There's a Starbucks in Scotts Valley on Mt Hermon Rd we could meet at. Been there before and I'm pretty sure parking won't be too bad that time of the morning. I know there's one a bit closer to Canepa on Scotts Valley Rd but I wonder if it'd be more crowded with people.
Sounds good, we can stop there and collect you and anyone else who wants to meet up there. I believe it's right next to the Mollie's Country Cafe, where we had really a good breakfast last time!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 AM   #25
PMok

OK here's the details.

We will do an early morning cruise down to the Canepa Cars & Coffee event.

Meet at Alice's at 6AM.
Alice's Restaurant, 17288 Skyline Blvd, Woodside, CA 94062

Alice's will not be open yet so bring your own coffee or light breakfast. We will drive from Alice's down Skyline to Hwy 9 to Scotts Valley. We will stop briefly in Scotts Valley at the Starbucks to meet up with any other folks that want to meet up before we roll into the Canepa Cars & Coffee together.

If you wish to meet with us at Scotts Valley we will be here between 6:45AM-7AM :
Starbucks Coffee, 219 Mt Hermon Rd B, Scotts Valley, CA 95066
Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 AM   #26
PMok

We are running a little late so will probably arrive a bit after 7 Josh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 02:00 AM   #27
PMok

So a quick wrap up of Saturday's outing... it was a fun day.

Woke up at an ungodly 5AM in order to get over to Alice's to meet up with @overlookedx for a morning drive. Portions of Skyline were draped in thick fog and there was plenty of moisture on the road and dripping down off the trees. I took a slower pace and got there a little late. Chris was waiting for me, and since there seemed to be no one else joining us, the two of us set off down Skyline and Hwy 9 towards Scotts Valley. We caught glimpses of the orange rising sun through the trees as we made our way through the mountains, and the road was gloriously deserted for the most part. The sweepers and curves, rises and dips of Hwy 9 were mesmerizing. As we neared Scotts Valley the traffic became more substantial and we slowed our pace. We met at the Starbucks where @spike021 was waiting and we grabbed our coffee and snacks before we formed up and rolled to Canepa.

As we pulled into Canepa, the main lots had filled up already and we were waved towards the back side of the building. People lined both sides of way through the parking lot and stared, and took photos -- it was like the automotive equivalent to a red carpet at a Hollywood premiere. I followed a Gulf-liveried 911 and watched as it backed into place, and then it was our turn to park. Our timing was just right as the back lot was about to reach capacity as well.

Walking through the parking lot was a revelation; as you might expect of any quality cars and coffee event, there were a wide range of automobiles and bikes on display. We marveled at a classic looking pair of bicycles which looked like they had a 2-stroke motor attached, only to realize that these were electric-powered cycles from the future! Tons of Porsches, BMWs, Italian exotics, Japanese sports cars as well. Acura NSX old and new, sat side by side. A diminutive Suzuki Cappuccino held its own next to a flamboyant Ferrari F12.

Inside the shop the wonders continued to abound. A Cizeta Moroder V16T, in fact the prototype car, greeted us at the garage entrance. I'd only seen/heard of this car in video games, and I never thought I'd see it in person. Legendary rally heroes like the Ford RS200 and Audi Quattro sat near one another, telling a story even in silence. Several Porsche 959s sat awaiting restoration, repair, or maybe a new owner. Countless race cars and sports cars from the past and present shared the space -- McLarens and Shelbys and Fords and Ferraris.

I only took an abbreviated run through the main showroom floors as they generally looked the same as the last time I came here, but there were definitely some jaw droppers in there as well. When we were done we stepped outside and although the cars kept coming and going, the line for coffee and donuts was mercifully short. The good folks at Canepa had no shortage of refreshments on hand at no charge. I grabbed a small cup of coffee and what turned out to be a delicious blueberry donut.

Photos I took, can be found on my instagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/86drive/

Last edited by PMok; 08-14-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: typos and poor writing style fixed - because OCD lol
PMok is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PMok For This Useful Post:
mkivsoopra (08-14-2017), overlookedx (08-14-2017), TofuJoe (08-14-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 02:58 PM   #28
matchamochi

Drives: swp brz
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
So a quick wrap up of Saturday's outing... it was a fun day.

Woke up at an ungodly 5AM in order to get over to Alice's to meet up with @overlookedx for a morning drive. Portions of Skyline were draped in thick fog and there was plenty of moisture on the road and dripping down off the trees. I took a slower pace and got there a little late. Chris was waiting for me, and since there seemed to be no one else joining us, the two of us set off down Skyline and Hwy 9 towards Scotts Valley. We caught glimpses of the orange rising sun through the trees as we made our way through the mountains, and the road was gloriously deserted for the most part. The sweepers and curves, rises and dips of Hwy 9 were mesmerizing. As we neared Scotts Valley the traffic became more substantial and we slowed our pace. We met at the Starbucks where @spike021 was waiting and we grabbed our coffee and snacks before we formed up and rolled to Canepa.

As we pulled into Canepa, the main lots had filled up already and we were waved towards the back side of the building. People lined both sides of way through the parking lot and stared, and took photos -- it was like the automotive equivalent to a red carpet at a Hollywood premiere. I followed a Gulf-liveried 911 and watched as it backed into place, and then it was our turn to park. Our timing was just right as the back lot was about to reach capacity as well.

Walking through the parking lot was a revelation; as you might expect of any quality cars and coffee event, there were a wide range of automobiles and bikes on display. We marveled at a classic looking pair of bicycles which looked like they had a 2-stroke motor attached, only to realize that these were electric-powered cycles from the future! Tons of Porsches, BMWs, Italian exotics, Japanese sports cars as well. Acura NSX old and new, sat side by side. A diminutive Suzuki Cappuccino held its own next to a flamboyant Ferrari F12.

Inside the shop the wonders continued to abound. A Cizeta Moroder V16T, in fact the prototype car, greeted us at the garage entrance. I'd only seen/heard of this car in video games, and I never thought I'd see it in person. Legendary rally heroes like the Ford RS200 and Audi Quattro sat near one another, telling a story even in silence. Several Porsche 959s sat awaiting restoration, repair, or maybe a new owner. Countless race cars and sports cars from the past and present shared the space -- McLarens and Shelbys and Fords and Ferraris.

I only took an abbreviated run through the main showroom floors as they generally looked the same as the last time I came here, but there were definitely some jaw droppers in there as well. When we were done we stepped outside and although the cars kept coming and going, the line for coffee and donuts was mercifully short. The good folks at Canepa had no shortage of refreshments on hand at no charge. I grabbed a small cup of coffee and what turned out to be a delicious blueberry donut.

Photos I took, can be found on my instagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/86drive/
Did you stay for the warehouse tour? How long was it? Was it awesome? That's what I was looking forward to the most.
matchamochi is offline   Reply With Quote