follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 06-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #15
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do you think you'll have those clean turn signal bulbs in the next week or so, or will it be longer? Want to order but want to keep shipping down.
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #16
prest1ge

Drives: VW, 2013 subaru brz limited swp 6mt
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
automationLED shipping my package out the same day as my order. received the bulbs today and installed them within 30 minutes. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but now I'm so happy that I bought a set. the glow that my brz has at night reminds me of my dad's new 750i---tons of presence on the road. the cabin lights were my favorite--a huge upgrade in light output over the stock lightbulb. i especially love how the interior of my car glows when looking from the outside (spaceship-like). i'll get pictures up tomorrow.

one thing that bugs me is how the godzilla strip wont stay mounted in the center of the housing due to a lack of empty platform behind it. i initially had it stuck to the empty platform on the left side of the housing but my OCD nature couldn't stand the lack of symmetry for more than a minute. now i have it adhered on top of the +/- terminals in the center of the housing but it's already shifted after 20 minutes of driving. will figure something out tomorrow

i really wish i didn't' forget the include the reverse lights in my order. gotta pay shipping twice now =[
prest1ge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Khyron686

Drives: 2011 Outlander XLS, 2013 FR-S Blue
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by prest1ge View Post
one thing that bugs me is how the godzilla strip wont stay mounted in the center of the housing due to a lack of empty platform behind it. i initially had it stuck to the empty platform on the left side of the housing but my OCD nature couldn't stand the lack of symmetry for more than a minute. now i have it adhered on top of the +/- terminals in the center of the housing but it's already shifted after 20 minutes of driving. will figure something out tomorrow
What do you mean - does it tilt or actually shift around? Can you take a pic with the light off?

Think package 1 would be good enough or you still happy with the big godzilla panel?
Khyron686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
jjdrivesajazz

Drives:
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
automationLED shipping my package out the same day as my order. received the bulbs today and installed them within 30 minutes. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical at first, but now I'm so happy that I bought a set. the glow that my brz has at night reminds me of my dad's new 750i---tons of presence on the road. the cabin lights were my favorite--a huge upgrade in light output over the stock lightbulb. i especially love how the interior of my car glows when looking from the outside (spaceship-like). i'll get pictures up tomorrow.

i really wish i didn't' forget the include the reverse lights in my order. gotta pay shipping twice now =[
If you remove the cover and look inside the housing, you'll see this little knub that sticks out sorta, it's a plastic piece that has a flat surface, that's what i stick the dome light panel to and it holds on fine, doesn't move around at all, just make sure you clean it well to remove all grease and dust from it to ensure adhesion
jjdrivesajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:26 PM   #19
Dkittrell

Drives: 2013 FR-S hot lava
Installed everything(dome,trunk, and license plate ) tonight . Went very smooth . Everything was installed in less then 5 min, the dome light did have me scratching my head for a min until I realized the part that touched the two terminals was a spring. The product looks great when lite up, the trunk isn't a lot brighter but it looks better with the white light . Very happy thanks

Last edited by Dkittrell; 06-28-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Dkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dkittrell For This Useful Post:
jjdrivesajazz (06-28-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #20
jjdrivesajazz

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkittrell View Post
Installed everything(dome,trunk, and license plate ) tonight . Went very smooth . Everything was installed in less then 5 min, the dome light did have me scratching my head for a min until I realized the part that touched the two terminals was a spring. The product looks great when lite up, the truck isn't a lot brighter but it looks better with the white light . Very happy thanks
Thank you!
Old 06-28-2012, 06:21 PM   #21
prest1ge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khyron686 View Post
What do you mean - does it tilt or actually shift around? Can you take a pic with the light off?

Think package 1 would be good enough or you still happy with the big godzilla panel?
I fixed the dome light issue per jjdrivesajazz's recommendation. didn't see that flat black thing when I first installed the light at night in the dark -.-

I'm still extremely happy with the godzilla panel. Get package 2 and thank me later. I promise I'll get comprehensive pictures up tonight. Been so busy lately.

Gonna order the reverse lights as soon as I finish this post. Car looks funny at the moment with the custom plate light and OEM reverse light being different colors.

edit: just called jjdrivesajazz to find out which reverse light to chose since they offer 3. the brz and frs uses 921 (T15) for yall's reference. he also kindly offered to pay for shipping of the reverse lights since I forgot to add it to my first order from a week ago. I denied the favor of course since I know that business is hard nowadays and I don't mind paying another $5 to help a quality company out

Last edited by prest1ge; 06-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to prest1ge For This Useful Post:
jjdrivesajazz (06-29-2012)
Old 06-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #22
jjdrivesajazz

Drives:
Quote:
I fixed the dome light issue per jjdrivesajazz's recommendation. didn't see that flat black thing when I first installed the light at night in the dark -.-

I'm still extremely happy with the godzilla panel. Get package 2 and thank me later. I promise I'll get comprehensive pictures up tonight. Been so busy lately.

Gonna order the reverse lights as soon as I finish this post. Car looks funny at the moment with the custom plate light and OEM reverse light being different colors.

edit: just called jjdrivesajazz to find out which reverse light to chose since they offer 3. the brz and frs uses 921 (T15) for yall's reference. he also kindly offered to pay for shipping of the reverse lights since I forgot to add it to my first order from a week ago. I denied the favor of course since I know that business is hard nowadays and I don't mind paying another $5 to help a quality company out
Thank you!
Old 06-30-2012, 02:24 AM   #23
prest1ge

Old 07-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #24
Dragon86

Drives: Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Anyone know how to get to the rear reverse lights? i cant even get in there, or i might be putting my hand in the wrong way.
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #25
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon86 View Post
Anyone know how to get to the rear reverse lights? i cant even get in there, or i might be putting my hand in the wrong way.
It's tight, my hand barely fits. Slide under the car till your head hits the muffler (make sure it's cold!) then when you look up in the bumper you will see two wire's where the lights are. Picture attached:

michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to michaelahess For This Useful Post:
Bonburner (07-26-2012), Dragon86 (07-14-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #26
Dragon86

Drives: Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelahess View Post
It's tight, my hand barely fits. Slide under the car till your head hits the muffler (make sure it's cold!) then when you look up in the bumper you will see two wire's where the lights are. Picture attached:

Thanks alot for the picture. now let see if round 2 would go well.
Dragon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #27
EvoXDD
Trident Motorsports Owner

Drives: DGM. DD for my EvoX
Garage
i ordered the full conversion kit to included LED's for the rear fog light
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 PM   #28
prest1ge

just received and installed my reverse lights. gotta say thanks to jjdrivesajazz again for bringing us such an amazing product. love how the color temperature of my reverse lights matches the liscense plate lights now. whoever says the lights aren't bright enough probably has vision issues...j/k

enjoy the pics!

The Following User Says Thank You to prest1ge For This Useful Post:
jjdrivesajazz (07-20-2012)