follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Member's Car Journals

Member's Car Journals Car journals by our members.

User Tag List

Old 05-27-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
GaDgeT

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GaDgeTs BRZ - Melbourne AUS

Whats happening fellow BRZ / 86 / FRS crew. Had my BRZ for a bit over a month now, thought id kick off a worklog for the progress so far with the build.

Waited over 7mths for delivery, arrived the day before my bday, scubie were nice enough to make the appropriate decorations ;p

Straight off the bat, I had a perrin catback exhaust, and Injen intake ready to bolt on

Regretting not getting the resonated version, as she can be a bit noisy on cold startup, but overall really impressed with the note, and the bum dyno feels a bit better pull through the mid range. Injen intake seems to be a bit of a fail, the gaps in the airbox suck in hot air off the headers when stationary, and the first gulp of air when launching seems to bog down the car while the ECU adjusts. Have seen other members re-piping the pod into the front bar, think that will be on the to-do pile in the near future.

Cant believe how well this car eats up corners, and just comes alive through the twisties..
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtetcOjItmc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtetcOjItmc[/ame]

Had my first motorkhana event a few weeks back, and finally got a chance to get the BRZ all kinds of sideways. In hindsight, I forgot to completely turn off the TCS and kept losing revs out of the corners as I was trying to throttle out .. fun limiter must be completely turned off next time around.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc4SfgWlUGk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc4SfgWlUGk[/ame]
(Video link, Mods please embed)

5 week old tyres weren't too happy being punished so hard

Built up an extinguisher mount for the track days

And a padded arm rest for the daily commute

And just fitted a CS bottomline copy kit made from ABS.. now with driveway scraping action, its a feature!

Bit sad to say goodbye to the old daily, which served me for the last 12 years.. now being converted into a track toy, with cage, tyres and brakes going on over the next few weeks.

Will keep the pix rolling updated once I get the car back from the shop

Last edited by GaDgeT; 06-22-2013 at 06:26 AM.
GaDgeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
GaDgeT

Update 11/6/13

Just got the car back from the go loud shop, and all my bits are finally installed! Massive props to Phatt Audio Customs who did all the custom install work and tuning, epic job getting all the bits to work
Build pix here http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38852

Last edited by GaDgeT; 06-11-2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #3
ZetaVI
Gundam Meister

Drives: A Gundam
Thanked 1,010 Times in 510 Posts
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Nice car Inspector Gadget!
ZetaVI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ZetaVI For This Useful Post:
GaDgeT (06-14-2013)
Old 06-22-2013, 06:16 AM   #4
GaDgeT

Hey guys, quick update.. Just got back from 1st audio sound quality comp in with the new gear installed. Placed 3rd in my class! really happy with the result and pre and post tuning now getting the go loud bits and audio DSP voodoo to sound pretty awesome.

BRZ certainly draws a crowd, lots of people wanting to check out the car and take some happy snaps ;p

Some of mine

The Following User Says Thank You to GaDgeT For This Useful Post:
fuddbutter (06-24-2013)
Old 07-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #5
GaDgeT

Quick update, just got back from 1st dyno run on the BRZ after installing exhaust and intake. Managed 113kw @ ATW, compared to the stock 86/BRZ on the dyno that managed 107kw. So it looks like ive gained 6kw, next step is to get the unichip installed and to get rid of torque dip and tweak the timing