follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 02-26-2015, 04:09 PM   #57
xuimod

Drives: 2007 MX-5 Miata, 2015 VW Golf GTI
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How do you not know what caused this accident? Was it a head on collision? Offset collision? Was she texting while driving?

Glad she survived but maybe because of legal reasons I don't think she's telling the whole story.
xuimod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:12 PM   #58
Haeb

Drives: 2014 Scion FR-S Monogram Series
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
PSSSSSST Dude pay attention to the questions. He isn't really looking for answers.
Yeah, I'm seeing that. I'm assuming here your implying he's just asking ridiculous shit to waste everyones time and get a little attention, that he's otherwise lacking. Or maybe you know something I dont... I dunno. But yeah, the Q and A of nonsense questions ends here.
Haeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:15 PM   #59
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xuimod View Post
How do you not know what caused this accident? Was it a head on collision? Offset collision? Was she texting while driving?

Glad she survived but maybe because of legal reasons I don't think she's telling the whole story.
It is not unusual for people to totally forget a few seconds or even minutes prior to a serious incident even if they do not lose consciousness. It is believed to be a coping mechanism.
Little bit on it here or I can scan a massive textbook on the subject!

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...942918/?no-ist
Scenic Driver (02-27-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #60
Tcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeb View Post
Yeah, I'm seeing that. I'm assuming here your implying he's just asking ridiculous shit to waste everyones time and get a little attention, that he's otherwise lacking. Or maybe you know something I dont... I dunno. But yeah, the Q and A of nonsense questions ends here.
Nah I don't know anything you don't!
The attention grabbing gig is mine and I just don't like the competition (although with some practice and more creativity he could be worthy)!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #61
De-bounce

Drives: 1
Quote:
It is not unusual for people to totally forget a few seconds or even minutes prior to a serious incident even if they do not lose consciousness. It is believed to be a coping mechanism.
Little bit on it here or I can scan a massive textbook on the subject!

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...942918/?no-ist
If she had a dash cam this wouldn't be an issue.

But then again, legal issues do make sure you forget a lot of things.
De-bounce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to De-bounce For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 04:22 PM   #62
De-bounce

Quote:

You see guys? This guy understands. I'm not asking ridiculous questions. How can you not know what happened? Unless she was fucked up high and semi unconscious. Probably drifting and racing in dream but was speeding like a mofo in reality. Eventually came down to reality after crashing into semi truck which is what it looks like.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:24 PM   #63
Haeb

Quote:

Well..first off I wasnt there. Pictures are pretty clear that it wasnt head on, more likely side impact...there was a truck involved, I dont know to what degree or how it was involved, just that there was a second vehicle. If it seems there is information lacking its more because I'm just posting the pics and giving the details I know of because of my personal feelings on the importance of a proper working SRS system in a car...any car. Missing details may well be because I didnt ask those questions, and/or are somewhat irrelevant to the intention of the post....that regardless of the how did this particular driver end up in this particular car in this situation... this happened, and the driver is alive to tell whatever story she would like to tell about it because of the safety features of the car. I dont think I posted the pictures asking "how do ya'll suppose this mighta happened??"
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haeb For This Useful Post:
8R6 (02-26-2015), boonFRS (02-26-2015), Tcoat (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 04:27 PM   #64
Haeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by De-bounce View Post
How can you not know what happened? Unless she was fucked up high and semi unconscious.

I defer your question to the fellow that posted the pics of his head on collision, who also didnt know what happened until the smoke cleared. Perhaps he can fill you in on how high he was at the time of his accident.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:34 PM   #65
Haeb

Quote:
I'm not asking ridiculous questions.

Was she on Molly?? = ridiculous question. Doesnt matter if she was under the influence of aliens...thats not the point and is a secondary topic altogether.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:35 PM   #66
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
It is worth noting that the 2015 FR-S got a five star over all crash safety rating from the NTSB, including (and especially) the rollover rating:

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...n_FR-S/Safety/

For some unknown reason the BRZ got only four stars on rollover. I can't imagine why there is a difference... bad day at the crash center?
Haeb (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 04:36 PM   #67
Tcoat

Quote:
You see guys? This guy understands. I'm not asking ridiculous questions. How can you not know what happened? Unless she was fucked up high and semi unconscious. Probably drifting and racing in dream but was speeding like a mofo in reality. Eventually came down to reality after crashing into semi truck which is what it looks like.
I have investigated 1000s of incidents over the years and learned really early that looking at a scene and knowing what actually happened are two radically different things. If a truck came around a corner and plowed into you then you very well may never know what happened. To look at some damaged cars and come up with your scenario is worse than meaningless. There is a reason why trained investigators take hours or days to figure out what really happened and don't just say "Show me a picture. Oh ya, she was high and drifting at high speed. Case closed".
Haeb (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 05:02 PM   #68
De-bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeb View Post
Was she on Molly?? = ridiculous question. Doesnt matter if she was under the influence of aliens...thats not the point and is a secondary topic altogether.
You are right, that is a different topic and I apologize for steering it off course. Thank you for bringing into our attention the importance of airbags though. I really think it's important to pay attention to the airbag light as well, but she should really be glad that the TAKATA airbag actually worked this time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to De-bounce For This Useful Post:
Haeb (02-26-2015), Tcoat (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 06:27 PM   #69
De-bounce

Quote:
I have investigated 1000s of incidents over the years and learned really early that looking at a scene and knowing what actually happened are two radically different things. If a truck came around a corner and plowed into you then you very well may never know what happened. To look at some damaged cars and come up with your scenario is worse than meaningless. There is a reason why trained investigators take hours or days to figure out what really happened and don't just say "Show me a picture. Oh ya, she was high and drifting at high speed. Case closed".
But you know that's exactly what the investigator is thinking in his head "car looks messed up, must of been drugs".
Old 02-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #70
babydriver
Hit the road and I'm gone

Drives: 2015 FR-S Burnt Orange (Hot Lava)
Thanked 1,786 Times in 973 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
It is not unusual for people to totally forget a few seconds or even minutes prior to a serious incident even if they do not lose consciousness.
Definitely. I had a bicycle accident some years ago. Near as I can tell, the front brake caliper retaining bolt broke. This jammed the caliper into the wheel, stopping it almost instantly. I, on the other hand, did not stop instantly. I must have pitched over the handle bars and done a face plant in the paved parking lot behind the building where I worked.

I woke up on the way to the hospital about 1/2 an hour later, staring up at my neighbor (he was a first responder and rode along in the ambulance). I was told later that I walked into the department secretary's office at the college where I worked, my face bleeding profusely, looking something like the star of a zombie film, and said "I think I hurt myself."

I didn't remember a thing from the time that I entered the parking lot (but before the caliper broke) until I came around in the ambulance. It is just a short blank space in my life. I don't believe I lost consciousness, but I definitely was not in the real world. Fortunately, I didn't break anything (like my neck, for example) and recovered with only some minor scars on my face, which I tell my wife gives me more character.

Our lucky young lady in the FR-S may never remember what happened but the police investigators will undoubtedly be able to reconstruct it. I'm also pleased that she is willing to jump back in again with another FR-S!
Burrcold (02-26-2015), Haeb (02-26-2015)