follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 03-31-2014, 11:03 PM   #1
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Radium Master Cylinder Brace Install - VIDEO

Radium Master Cylinder Install and Catch Can Demo

VIDEO

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6svcEF_GQE&"]Radium Brace and Catch Can Install | FR-S and S2000 | S02E01 - YouTube[/ame]

So our slew of Radium parts arrived for testing and fitment, including dual catch can and master cylinder brace.
http://www.radiumauto.com/FR-S-BRZ-86-C95.aspx

As usual with Radium the quality of the machined pieces is top notch. Personally I have been a fan of the small outfit from Oregon during Lotus ownership which is how they got started. Now they have branched out to the FR-S and BRZ. Also have parts for Evo and S2000.

The long story short is we wanted to see exactly how their new brace was.
And lets face it Perrin makes one as well as GrimmSpeed, so they are a bit late to the game. However it's the best design of the three with Perrin coming in a close second.
We somewhat laughed at this part because we pretty much thought it was a joke. Whats the point of that little piece of metal. I pretty much thought of it as bling piece but for about $75 the risk was low.

We were back on completely OEM brakes down to the pads. However you can clearly see how well the Project Mu fluid matched the Radium green.

The install took about 20 minutes because as usual we dropped a bolt down into the shield and also I had the wiring for the HID ballasts in the way.

At the end of the day whether you take the little part seriously or not, I could feel a difference right away the pedal was firmer. Was it drastic?

No. But it was definitely noticeable when you get on the brakes. This would be a simple add-on for those who track or autox. And for the price, why not.

The Catch Cans

Radium has now released their official plug and play kit for the S2000 and FR-S and BRZ which means you can finally install these kits without having to make your own brackets. Quality is top notch and cans are pressure tested for forced induction applications and also baffled.

It is the only can with built in dip stick to check oil and fluid level.
After running these cans on three cars for several years, they have maintained their seals and also been able to suspend oil and unburned fuel without ever servicing the stainless steel screens or pads.

Last edited by Dezoris; 04-01-2014 at 01:04 PM.
Dezoris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dezoris For This Useful Post:
OICU812 (04-01-2014)
Old 06-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Now you've had the catch can system in place for awhile. With your combined steer and track use how much oil are you seeing caught? Asking as I see they have a combo listed as well and not sure "both" are truly needed?...a friend has the combo on his Innovate SC fitted car and has only seen any oil in the PVC side so .....
Old 06-08-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Now you've had the catch can system in place for awhile. With your combined steer and track use how much oil are you seeing caught? Asking as I see they have a combo listed as well and not sure "both" are truly needed?...a friend has the combo on his Innovate SC fitted car and has only seen any oil in the PVC side so .....
I barey catch any in the breather can. But I would rather have the can in place than having to clean out my IC or discharge pipes down the line.

Pcv is always collecting oil 5-10cc every 3k miles. It all depends on the motor.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #4
OICU812
Just a dude

Drives: Scion FR-S 2013
Thanked 1,188 Times in 852 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
I barey catch any in the breather can. But I would rather have the can in place than having to clean out my IC or discharge pipes down the line.

Pcv is always collecting oil 5-10cc every 3k miles. It all depends on the motor.
Fair enough, good to know and thanks for response!