follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2017, 12:38 AM   #1
shabenn

Drives: 2014 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ARK Design RacingSpec Dual tip Catback + Non-resonated FP Review

Hello everyone! I am new the forums, and also a car newb...
This is also my first review for anything so be easy on me.

As my first upgrade to my car i really wanted an exhaust. I came across Lou from ModinJapan. He is a very nice guy, and very responsive to any questions and concerns about the products he carries. I was able to get my stuff the next day!

Packaging:(Sorry forgot pics)
Everything was boxed up nice and neat with Styrofoam at the edges to protect the exhaust (as it should). It was all well wrapped and protected from any dents and scratches.

Install:
As a car newb, I feared there was going to be a lot of work to put on a new exhaust, also fear of the car falling on me. But after watching a LOT of youtube videos, it was so much easier than i thought it would be. Literally just a couple bolts and some hangers. Everything fit on like a glove.
(Mainly front pipe)
http://imgur.com/Nk6VhWd
http://imgur.com/6LZCpMq
http://imgur.com/Sexa4DG

Appearance:
This thing looks great! The tips are huge! The left side was hanging a bit low, but just loosening the bolts and a little wiggle should put it in place.
http://imgur.com/a/piGFK

Sound:
Very loud at start, then tones down at idle.
Before i had just installed the front pipe recently, the sound was nice and deep. After adding the front pipe it added a whole lot of aggressiveness to it!
A little bit of drone, but i love the sound of it, it is not loud to the point where it'll cut off your music.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK8Fg33nKaU&t=4s"]ARK Design RacingSpec Dual + ARK non-resonated FP | Scion FRS - YouTube[/ame]

And there goes my first ever review!
Thanks for checking, any questions let me know.

Also again, shout outs ModInJapan!!!
shabenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 12:48 AM   #2
RJasonKlein

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S 10 Series
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Thanks for the review and welcome to the forum. It takes a certain kind of courage to have your second ever post be a product install and review - nice job and I hope it's the first of many more. The video including a neat little inset video of the gauges synced with the exterior shot was a nice touch, and something I don't think I've seen before.

Good luck with the red license plate lights - the police in Illinois would pull me over in a heartbeat with those!
RJasonKlein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 02:33 AM   #3
shabenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJasonKlein View Post
Thanks for the review and welcome to the forum. It takes a certain kind of courage to have your second ever post be a product install and review - nice job and I hope it's the first of many more. The video including a neat little inset video of the gauges synced with the exterior shot was a nice touch, and something I don't think I've seen before.

Good luck with the red license plate lights - the police in Illinois would pull me over in a heartbeat with those!

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah I don't know how strict the cops are here in California about the lights, but nothing yet! *knocks on wood*
Old 07-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #4
KnightRyderx2

Drives: 2014 FR-S
I have the same exhaust, it is awesome. Nice and mellow after the cold start but has a great roar when opening it up. Those tips too are crazy big, really gives the rear a unique look.
KnightRyderx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:28 PM   #5
shabenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRyderx2 View Post
I have the same exhaust, it is awesome. Nice and mellow after the cold start but has a great roar when opening it up. Those tips too are crazy big, really gives the rear a unique look.
Yeah, im glad i came across this exhaust. I love this thing!
Old 07-22-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
C11GEN

Drives: 2016 Scion FRS
I'm trying to find a place on Canada with Ark! I love their exhausts! Add a real deeper drowl to the boxer engine. Nice exhaust and review.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
C11GEN is offline   Reply With Quote